Maximum heart rate (overexertion) audible notification Sense and Versa 3

Add a loud audible (Sense, etc.) alarm when heart rate exceeds a user-set maximum to warn a user of overexertion, particularly when it is too cold for normal physical cues like sweat response. When wearing multiple layers of clothing and active, there's no useful difference between a HR notification vibration and a text message vibration.
4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @m103, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about getting audible notifications on Sense when heart rate exceeds a user-set maximum to warn a user of overexertion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

onewnan
Jogger

I've had my Merge 5 a week and to my surprise, I had spikes in HR above 150 including one above 170 even though I didn't feel like I was straining or out of breath.  My doctor wants me to try and keep it below 150. If I'm just jogging for exercise I can keep a constant eye on heart rate, but not when I'm playing tennis, I think this is an important feature and easy to implement--you already do it for resting state.

onewnan
Jogger

Sorry, Charge 5.

CarmellaB
First Steps

I would love this feature too - I have ME/CFS and pacing via heart rate monitoring is a safe way to manage the condition. An audible alert when heart rate exceeds a user-set limit would allow people like me to stay within their ‘energy envelope’ and minimise post-exertions malaise.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.