Meal Share with Friends/Family through app (rather than all inputting the same ingredients)

I would like to be able to create and share munu items and meals with my wife.  It would be great for one of us to input our meal or menu item and to share it with another so we do not have to double up on work! Perhaps besides just "Friends" to share with you could also create "Family" to share with.  We generally eat the same food and meals under one roof so it would be awesome to able to share the menus and meals we create with another to expedite the food logging process.

Thanks!!!

Moderator edit: Labels

137 Comments
Padric
First Steps

So How about being able to share recipes (Meal) with other people in your circle, My wife and I have to each manually type in new ones each time we create one..... and its painful.....Id rather one of us do all the leg work and be able to share with the other...we are using the fit bit dashboard to track our journey on the Fast 800 as it keeps all our records in one nice tidy accessible place.

Padric.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Padric , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote.

llaugh
First Steps
I would like the ability to share meals with my friends.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @llaugh, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding the ability to share meals with friends, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

LennartWallman
First Steps
When I track my food in the foodlog there is '"only" a list of foods that I cant use so I include my own foods!
Now I want to share my list with others, could be nice If there was a area with for example with Foodlists in other languages and other stuff
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LennartWallman. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about being able to share your meals with your friends in the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

sunnycdn
First Steps
It would be great if we had the ability to share food logs with our fitbit friends or other trackable items. IT is cumbersome to download or to "share" these logs. My fitness pal offers the ability for friends to view food tracking, fitness tracking etc and fit bit does not.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sunnycdn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to share meals with friends. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

bitfitmonkey
Jogger
My dearest amazing developers,

My family really enjoys using fitbit. Together we've logged so many custom foods already into our own fitbit accounts. It would be awesome if it were possible to share custom logged foods with other fitbit users. That special recipe meema makes- click shared : boom! its 600 kcal per serving! Meema, really?!

Thomas
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bitfitmonkey, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to share your meals with your family members and friends through the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

mattjrsmith
Jogger
Any Fitbit user can view and log foods that another user has already logged, provided the permissions are set as described above. Food sharing is particularly useful if you shared a meal with a Fitbit friend, so that you don't have to both log the food independently of one another.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mattjrsmith, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to share your meals with other Fitbit members. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.