Measure inactivity

I guess this has been submitted before, but in case it hasn't, can inactivity be tracked? I don't just mean a vibration if you've been sat down for too long, but also on the dashboard a measure to show periods of inactivity, to really give you a full picture of your day.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

6 Comments
makowals
First Steps

I would really like to see this too.  What's the problem?

tamlin1
Jogger

Hi- this would be a great feature. Something that adds up all the time spent inactive or sitting while not sleeping. Maybe with an option to deduct time that seems inactive but is accounted for with an activity. An example: a period of 2 hours with only a few steps could be accounted for with weight training or yoga. If the user adds a specific activity during a time of inactivity, then it wouldn't count towards the total. Maybe it would be easier to add up all the active time and sleep and deduct it from the day. I do see an issue if people track their "sitting doing desk work"  or driving as an activity since those activities increase the number of calories that you burn in the calorie tracking..

Sorry- I work in software so I tend to try to solve problems and be overly descriptive...

🙂

Tgryckiewicz
First Steps
Please add this feature, thank you 🤓
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing! I think this can help all of us to better understand how much time we are spending inactive. 

Thanks for sharing this idea with us and posting on the Feature Request board! 

Michaels19
Tempo Runner
I wanna know how long I've been sitting still, so I should move.
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. Tap the Hourly Activity tile, then a log from any day and you'll see a summary of your stationary time vs active time for the day. You can find more details here.

@Phil1927, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.