Menstrual Health Tracking - Add personalized conditions or symptoms to cycle

Uses need the ability to add 1 or 2 personalized conditions for their own cycle. This way, the app isn’t cluttered with every condition or symptom out there, but an individual has what she needs. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

50 Comments
Aydee221
First Steps
Nausea is a common symptom people experience with their periods. Not saying 100% of us experience it, but it’s definitely common enough that it should be an option.
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Aydee221 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Charlie6
First Steps

I'd like for there to be an option for tracking crying as an indicator of mood changes. This could be done as a personalised tile,  but I think it's also a symptom that generally a lot of women could identify and relate to, so I could also see it being added as a mood/ symptom in itself in addition to the customisable tiles. I also agree with the idea of a notes section so that additional information, eg other life events that could be influencing your mood, can be recorded. This means that you could look back at your log and later determine whether you think the mood was actually relating to your menstrual cycle, or due to the other events taking place in your life. 

Valfreyja
First Steps

I 100% agree the symptom tracker should be more customisable. Hormones and your cycle can wreak havoc on your body and mood in so many ways we should be able to add our own things.

Lia.stratton
First Steps

Please add a couple customizable symptoms! As others have mentioned, there is so much variation in the way users experience their cycle and the symptoms associated with their hormonal ups and downs. Some people would want to add nausea, some have said mouth ulcers, appetite changes, constipation, etc. Personally, I wish I could track my dry skin/itchiness as I have eczema and suspect flare-ups are tied to my cycle. It's impossible to cover all bases with an endless list of symptoms, but giving users the ability to add a couple custom symptoms to cover their unique experience would resolve this easily.

CaylaMarie000
Jogger

Thanks for suggesting this!

I definitely agree there should be options for customization and maybe more general options to do with menstrual tracking and pregnancy. I was casually using the app to track intimacy to try and get pregnant. It was simple, I already use it for menstrual tracking, and I didn't have to download yet another app. It was very limited though, then I ended up having a miscarriage. I couldn't track the dates on the app or track certain body changes or Dr. Appointments. 

If I could have just added my own customizations, I could have tracked everything related in one spot.

wereinaloop
First Steps

Hi! Any news on how this is going? I agree with everybody on here, this part of the app needs to allow for more flexibility, as there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to menstrual cycles.

I hope the "add custom symptom" feature gets greenlit for developement soon 🙂

Jeska68
Recovery Runner

Types of birth control methods would be nice… or if under the protected sex symbol there was a blank line to free form our own comment!

mlpratt96
First Steps

I would love to have indigestion added - I feel like sick doesn't really represent this, but it's a common thing for me. I agree, having an "Other" or add a few of your own custom symptoms would be helpful but wouldn't overcrowd it. 

MaceeBree
First Steps

YES!!! THIS!!!! Every person with a uterus has different symptoms! Sometimes you just need to add a note for each day of your period to make things easier. A note option would be perfect!

GaynorRichmond
First Steps

Please, please add functionality to input a user’s unique symptoms - up to 5 would be great. Thanks

Megan3131
First Steps

I think Fitbit needs to add a “CUSTOM” To each category in the menstrual tracking. We all have different symptoms and the pre set ones don’t even begin to cover them so I don’t feel I can track accurately.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Megan3131, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a “Custom” option to each category in Menstrual Health Tracking. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Kit44
First Steps

I came here to make this suggestion and saw that women have been making this suggestion for several years now. Are the developers listening? Period symptoms are so varied and the tracker is meaningless if I can't log my symptoms.

Yes, I agree there needs to be way more options for symptoms offered, with the ability to rate the intensity of those symptoms/moods and either add to or remove them completely. I think a list like this would be a start:

Moods

Angry, Anxious, Calm, Confident, Confused, Depressed, Energized, Fatigued, Flirty, Forgetful, Frustrated, Gloomy, Happy, Hungry, Hyper, Impatient, Loving, Insecure, Irritable, Jealous, Lethargic, Mean, Moody, Refreshed, Sad, Sensitive, Shy, Sick, Nervous, Scared, Sleepy, Spacey, Stressed, Tired, Unbalanced, Weepy. 

Symptoms should include a scale of light, moderate, or heavy. Or possibly numerical of 1-5 in intensity. (just an example) 

Acne, Backaches, Bloating, Bodyaches, Constipation, Cramps, Cravings (Salty or Sweet), Dizziness,  Indigestion, Headaches , Spotting, Insomnia, Joint Pains, Nausea, Neckaches, Tender Breasts, Sex drive. This list should be editable so symptoms and moods can be added or removed to personalize. 

The reminder for an upcoming period and or symptoms, should also be more than a blip on my watch. It should stay on the watch like other appointments or reminders until it is physically removed or acknowledged. Sometimes I miss the reminder as I'm in the middle of a session and it has passed before I can even look at my watch! I would suggest a push and sms notification (with the option to adjust it like the other notifications offered. Please update the menstrual health tracker and bring it up to par with the rest of the Fitbit technology! 

Chear_bear
First Steps
I like using the Fitbit app to log my period symptoms however there are some symptoms that are unique to me that I’d still like to log. Adding the ability to type in my own option would be a nice to have or even like a notes area to put in more info about a symptom.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Chear_bear, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding personalized conditions or symptoms on Menstrual Health Tracking. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.  I hope to see you around.

Jojo2012
Jogger

Would love ‘dizzy spells’ adding to the symptoms or a box to ‘add note’ women often have random different symptoms and wonder if it happens each month - might not even be related so a box to make a note is great.

JennKE
First Steps

It would be great is there was more info women could log for periods. Our symptoms, moods, flow, etc. are sometimes far more than the options you offer. It would also be a great idea to have somewhere we could make notes about anything unusual that might be going on with our cycles. This tile needs an update. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JennKE, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

Stace90
Recovery Runner

I like the idea of being able to add notes about my periods in the tracker. Either that or a spot where you can record whether you took any medication for cramps or other symptoms.

Anonymise
First Steps

Yes!! I would love to be able to add notes to tracking my menstrual cycle. Like the time I get my P and small footnotes (late period , miscarriage etc)

JennKE
First Steps

It would be great to track symptoms, medications taken, make notes, etc. I feel like this portion of the app is lacking. I often find myself making notes in other spots on my phone keeping track of information related to my cycle. 

StingrayC2C3
First Steps

I am extremely disappointed in the PMS/Period tracking functionality. It's like a man halfass developed the period tracking function. This is a fitness/health tracker that has been around for a long time and Fitbit couldn't bother to talk to an experienced Gynocologist to develop the period app and allow for a wide range of symptoms and custom symptoms too. I just got the Pixel Watch 2 and I'm already thinking about selling it and all my other android devices because it's all a disgrace. Apple can probably run circles around Fitbit. 

Lys837
First Steps

Yes this would be great or a section where you can add your own monthly symptoms 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.