Metronome for Fitbit

I would love to see a metronome on my Fitbit timer menu..

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

9 Comments
Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shaneperry, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Whilst there are not plans to release this on Blaze, this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Thanks for sharing this idea.

Knappy
First Steps

I would love to set a beat on my Fitbit to help me maintain the pace I want sort of like a metronome. I sometimes find myself slowing down and a beat would encourage me to keep up my pace. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @Knappy. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.Woman Happy

telpochyaotl
First Steps

I'd love a metronome feature for the Charge 3, this is an important tool to have correct tempo for intensity in many forms of exercise. 

Please add the feature.

Thanks!

heriznp
Jogger

I support the idea of a metronome feature as this is a feature of progressing from "Couch to 5K" to achieving longer running distances/endurance. By the way, that app is excellent for getting into running (or back into running) in a safer way than just "going at it".

I won't run with headphones in as I believe that is dangerous (if running along lanes as I do much of the time). I am also not happy with playing a suitable piece of music loud enough for me to hear (and others trying to enjoy a peaceful walk!). Instead, I have downloaded "Soundbrenner" - also an excellent app as it allows me to set my own pace simply by presetting it (eg 155 BMP) or tapping a 'screen button' in time to my run and stay with it as I tire! It is possible to play both the metronome and Fitbit apps - assuming you have a strap for the upper arm (for comfort and ability to hear the time-keeping tone).

But, wouldn't it be nice to have the same feature (a) on the Fitbit app so that data can be integrated with others (calorie rate of burn, split times, etc)? and/or (b) integrate a vibration-metronome feature into the watch (Charge 2 in my case) - always accepting that I imagine this addition might lead to battery depletion fairly quickly?

August 2020: Now with a Charge 4 and no metronome, but EXCELENT GPS tracking, so no need to carry smartphone.

Tannet
First Steps

As a musician that loves to sight read music, I find it extremely difficult to both look at a metronome for constant tempo as well as watch the music. With the fitbit Charge 3 as a new addition to my collection, I would like to have a metronome on my wrist to help me with tempo both while playing and while conducting for my high school marching band.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tannet! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

ivankelly
First Steps

I also think this would be a great feature for running.

sharpiechick
First Steps

I have an inspire, and would absolutely love this for both exercise and music!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.