Mood/Energy-level/Anxiety tracker

I have to manage and track my moods as part of managing my bipolar and it would be really beneficial to be able to do this using the Fitbit app. I can then see how sleep quality and quantity effect my mood level the next day. If I could monitor my mood and energy levels here it would allow me to see early warning signs and which aspects of my health improve my symptoms.

This would not only be helpful for those with bipolar but anyone who is experiencing depression, low mood or anxiety. Other trackers on the market either don't have the capabilities that Fitbit does or they are very complicated to complete. Fitbit mood identifier and motivating option and motivational messages.  

Thank you for your consideration

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

96 Comments
Nyahhh
Jogger

It would help me so much to track my mood along side all these physical aspects of my health. Then maybe I could really see whenever exercise and sleep is helping me and when it isn't enough etc. So I can ask my doctors about what to do next.

Even something really simple please???

hmcmcole
Base Runner
FitBit had this feature.  However, in their wisdom of knowing what is best for us, FiBit dropped this feature in one of their "upgrades".  No one at the company seems to listen to the customers.  

Jack Cole
Mark_Port157
First Steps

I would like the option to log my level of anxiety levels on a daily basis. I.e. today might have been a 5/10, a number of anxious episodes but manageable versus Friday being a 3/10 - a couple of panic attacks. etc. 

If I could do this in the app then could monitor the effects that sleep levels, exercise, steps, food and water are having on my anxiety levels. It would also be a good general tracker for well being over a long period.

At the moment I would have to keep a separate log in an Excel spreadsheet of anxiety scores on a daily basis and then download my Fitbit data to correlate the two together.

Thanks

Elizabethg09
Jogger

It would be great if where was a way to track emotions and chart them based in your workout/sleep schedules.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I wanted to update you that Fitbit are releasing a mood log later this month on Fitbit Ionic. You can learn more about it here:  https://blog.fitbit.com/fitbit-labs/. I know this Feature Suggestion has a broad array of requests from basic mood logging to more in-depth emotion tracking and insights, but I hope this mood log is an exciting new addition. I will announce when the new app is available in the Fitbit App Gallery. Thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I'm excited to let you know that there is now a mood tracking clock face available in the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Clock Faces’ tile and toggling to ‘All Clock Faces’ at the top of the screen. You can then search until you find the 'Mood Log' clock face. Here you can manually then enter your mood, strength of that mood and energy level.

I'm going to leave this Feature Suggestion open for now however, as I think the majority of you wanted to see your mood against other health indicators like activity levels and sleep. If that is what you wanted, I will change the title here to reflect that. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

hmcmcole
Base Runner
We had that capability at one time.  Just one of those things that FitBit decided we didn't need. 
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hey,

Like others asked, please make this available for more devices but only the iconic.
I have the blaze and it would be super awesome if this feature was added, so I can track if my moods have to do with my amount of steps and so on.

Please please please, add it! So we don't have to use some third party app...
Thanks

Emilybpr
Stepping Up

this is a great idea but personally i would like to see a tile for this on the app for the fitbit blaze as there seems to be a lot added for the ionic which not so many of us have! it can be as basic as rating it from  1-10 and then viewing it in comparison to our other statistics over time. if necessary this could be only accessible over the computer too

GenevieveD
Jogger

I would love to see a Mood Tracking tile on the Fitbit app dashboard where I could enter my mood/energy level. I know we can track our moods on the Ionic using the Fitbit labs clock face, but that clock face doesn’t interest me—it doesn’t have the data I want to see at a quick glance and I’d much rather choose a different clock face that suits my needs. However, it would be great to be able to choose from a select list of moods/energy levels and compare it to sleep and other data. Bonus if you give us a list of activities (set or custom) to describe what we’re doing at the time to see what frequently pops up together (like Daylio). This would be a great way to incorporate mental health tracking to an already great app. Thanks!

LGlahn
Jogger

Absolutely. I tried out the mood tracking face, and I loved the mood/energy tracking itself, and the fact that I could have reminders and tap to add manually. However, I didn't like it as a watch face- that space could be utilized differently. As an app, it would be great. 

CheerfulLife
First Steps

It may be helpful to have a mood/feelings tracker available to place with heart rate changes and/or sleep monitoring. Would be interesting to track those emotional states while looking at sleep, heart rate and relax sections of the app and Ionic screens. 

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone,

I've updated this to 'third party app' but it is still open for votes and comments, as I know some of you want this as an app (and not clock face) and also as a part of the Fitbit mobile or web app experience (not just on smartwatches). A few of you mentioned Blaze - there are currently no plans to bring this to Blaze as it doesn't have access to the Fitbit App Gallery.

Please also comment more around what insights you want delivered alongside mood, I know some of you are interested in how sleep and exercise impact your mood (and vice versa).

Mood tracking is available in the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic or Versa) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Clock Faces’ tile and toggling to ‘All Clock Faces’ at the top of the screen. You can then search until you find the 'Mood Log' clock face. Here you can manually then enter your mood, strength of that mood and energy level. Thanks

Nyahhh
Jogger

I think we all were hoping for some kind of mood tracker within the Fitbit app. I for one would much rather track a simple mood metric rather than calories or water consumption. 

If you must connect to a third party app I would suggest Daylio since it's great for customizing or Pacifica which has lots of meditations etc along with mood tracking. 

hmcmcole
Base Runner
The sad part is that FitBit had a mood  tracker until they decided to "improve" the app.  The mood tracker was just one of several useful metrics that were removed because we didn't "need" them.

DayleK
Walker

The details you can currently log in female health tracking include physical conditions. Emotions/moods should also be available to track as periods do have an effect on emotion and mood and it would be useful to see a pattern

MS_DataFit
First Steps

I like using my Fitbit for selftracking, but what I really miss for me, to get the most out of my device, is the ability to track how I am doing/feeling on a particular day.

If I could track this it would be possible for me to correlate this information with my information about sleep, exercise, hartrate etc. It could even be cool if this feature was available directly in the Android/iOS app as an extra tile.

Without having the data about the mental well-being it is like having a lot of indenpendent variables without having a dependent variable to explain.

Please Fitbit - will you look into this!

Gordis218
First Steps

As someone who struggles with emotional wellbeing like so many others, I think it would be a great addition to my Fitbit to have a emotion tracker. 

Nephastie
Jogger

I'd love a mood tracker in fitbit

Goldiearmo
First Steps

Please allow this amazing insightful technology for blaze wears aswell asap would  be really appreciated 

hmcmcole
Base Runner
The amazing thing is that FitBit had a mood tracker until several years ago.  They dropped it and several other nice features when they "improved" the software.  Many, many people complained about the changes, but FitBit decided that customers really didn't know what was best for them.  Totally tone deaf.  I switched to another device.
Squrril
First Steps

TactioHealth (a FitBit compatible app) has a mood tracking feature that goes from sad to excited that would be nice to add in.

Junoberries
Base Runner

i find it hard to track my mood during times of high duress and a simple tool for tracking my mood as a tile would put me in better control if it is telling me every so often to stop and breathe. 

Amijesse
First Steps

It would be cool if there was a part of the app where you could track how you feel/ your mood so that you could track how different factors such as sleep, nutrition, activity, etc affect you. 

LindaBonilla
First Steps

Mental health is just as important as physical health. I think a mood tracker in the app would be awesome. I already use a mood tracker app that notifies me everyday to log in my emotions for that day. It would be nice to have something like that on the Fitbit app 🙂 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.