More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
talgus
Jogger

just adding more than full / mid / low chg now   this is only 3 states. how about 4 or 5.   and bias them, as in full / mid /  low 1day / low chg now

ninjacharlie
First Steps
That would be great to put the % on the bands display for charge and above.
Unced
Stepping Up
Just got my new Charge HR and it's working just fine but I agree with others, it needs a meter to tell us where the level is at all times. It's really essential that a "health" watch include this item. When it shows low, who knows how much time is really left. We need that meter installed! Thanks Fitbit for taking time to read these posts!
tariqsurty
Jogger

It would be great to see the battery % in the app and dashboard. However, we should also have a software update on the device so that it can show the battery status directly on the device.

mary.downing
First Steps

I would also appreciate a battery indicator, as I'm always running low on battery without any notice at all. For some reason my app doesn't synch regularly, even though I have it set to all day synch. I have to manually go into the app to make it synch. If I haven't opened the app in a day or so, I can get a notice that my battery is almost done, and then I have to charge it immediately to get anything else out of it. This is particularly troublesome at night, before I go to bed, when I fear that I may not have enough juice for my silent alarm to wake me up in the morning for work.

Lucadeejay
First Steps
Gret idea!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

one more

a better battery display is really needed both on Surge and Dashboard

today

Surge : nearly 0

Dashboard : medium

the Surge was right, this time, it shutted down when watching TV

johnybigoud
First Steps

+1 this idea. We need to have the battery % (either app and/or wristband on the Charge HR), the level system is not enough.

Angrystorm
Jogger
I think it would be nice if on the IOS app, we got the exact amount of battery life left instead of a vague idea (i.e. Battery medium)
Guvie00
Recovery Runner
Voted up. This is like the fourth time I've viewed battery power life to be shown on device or dashboard...
QBee713
Stepping Up

Yes please!  I would like to have a more accurate percentage of my battery life.  Has this been implemented yet?

raiiny00
Recovery Runner

I came here just to suggest this! I have been wanting this for a long time, as I have a hard time figuring out when my battery is low, I usually only realize it when it is too late! A percentage at least in the dashboard would be incredibly helpful!

RickyGoldsmith
Recovery Runner

Wow!! The request was filed in 2014, and now it is 2016. And still no reflection of the request on the product.

Delltrott
First Steps
I would like for either a % on the dashboard or an indicator level on the Fitbit charge HR itself, like the one you see when you plug it in to charge. This would help to avoid running out of battery and help optimise battery life.
Cander17
Jogger
I would love to see a percentage for the battery life too!!! Mine shows medium for most of the time and goes to low for a short time. I went to bed at 11 pm with the battery at medium and woke at 7:00 am with it dead. It would be helpful to know, for the sleep analysis part to work properly, if it was not going to make it through the night.
hildebrandj
First Steps
Would it be possible to get a more granular battery status on the dashboard than, "full, medium and low"?

Thanks!
AlexeiZverev
Recovery Runner

Would be really great to find out the battery level at a glance on the tracker. This is a MUST feature for Charge HR. I got my tracker's battery dead a few times because the trackers lacks it.

Obelix
First Steps
Yes % Will be great idea.
In the Fitbit app, it shows us that the battery is full, medium of low, can I show the specific percentage (eg, 96%)??
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That be wonderful Smiley Happy

jendelux
Jogger

I just bought a Surge last week and this is definitely high on the list of things that should be improved. I just got the "low battery" warning after just 2.5 days of use (no GPS). I don't know if that's because I didn't fully charge it in the first place or if there is a problem with the unit. Also, since I don't know the remaining charge, I don't know if I need to stop and charge it now, or if it will go for another day or two. I guess I will wait until I hit the critically low warning and charge it then. 

Tbe
Jogger
Product request, I would like to see a slider for the battery so I could tell how much battery I have left before I get the email that my battery is low. I have a Fitbit Flex.
BFJ
Jogger

Charge HR: Can future software upgrades include a better means of monitoring battery status.

At present fitbit only tells you when nearing exhaustion, and then not very obvious so very often missed. Also the battery status on the ios app is not always accurate. At the moment on the app after synching it is showing a red bar saying charge. But when putting on to charge is actually 3/4 full according to the display. There is no way I have found to check on the fitbit without plugging in to charge.

Be great if battery status is included on the display scroll menu.

Hope that makes sense

Petrosky
First Steps
Status on this??? It's been well over a year since this was started yet you fail to progress??? How hard could it be???
bjanow
Runner

Battery percentage bump. What is the status of this. Just got the blaze and having the same issue, I have no clue how much battery there is left on the charge.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.