More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Brilliant suggestion! Thanks for posting. We'll be sure to pass this idea along to the team. 

KMack
Jogger

I agree! I had suggested this on a separate post.  Please add batter percentage to the dashboard.

Skeeter979797
Jogger

Hi,

I love the fact that you can also track sleep and use it as an alarm so that I don't wake my husband.  I really need a battery status, perhaps with a percentage like a cell phone.  It seems like it knows when it is 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100% based off the lights when charging.  I need that status on the dashboard and in the Android app as I'm checking that many, many times a day.

Thanks!!  Lisa

Danawilhelm
First Steps
Can you please put the percentage charge of the battery on the Iphone Fitbit app
Status changed to: Reviewed by Moderator
EmersonFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for the idea, @jbthom!

We're passing it on to our Web Dashboard imporvements team. Keep and eye out for any updates.  

@Dak1334 I've mergered your idea here. Thanks for your awesome input regarding battery life!

EmersonFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Skeeter979797 Thanks for the input! I've merged your post here. 

handyman1943
Jogger

I agree with the others.  I'm new to FLEX and don't have a handle on when I need to charge except the low battery on the dashboard.

derekmski
First Steps

I agree there should be percent and even day estimate of how much longer it will last like jawbone up.

Mogsy
Recovery Runner
Ditto to above! Need a flashing light warning or buzz repeat when battery is low on Flex 🙂
amaril
Recovery Runner

I would love to get more warning about a low battery as well; preferably through a message on my phone similar to the 'you have nearly reached your goal' and 'congrats' ones when the fitbit is below 50 % or so (percentage preferably adjustable).

I find it takes rather a long time to charge even when it is more than half full (at least an hour on a wall charger) and I do like to plan the charging time for when I am not very active.

Mprice3428
Recovery Runner

I do love the ability to see how charged your Fitbit is. On my old jawbone it would tell you how full the battery was and would also tell you how long it would last. It would also vibrate when you had about a day of battery left

Zacedward
Runner
I would love to see battery percentage on charge hr please
mikelcal
Jogger

Given the larger screen realstate on the fitbit surge, this would be a no-brainer. even if it took going into the settings screen to see it, this would be a welcome improvement.

sunshineferris
Stepping Up

I'd like this feature as well! 

PRT940
Strider

+1 for remaining battery percentage indicator

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 for the Percent with the Charge

dbz918
Stepping Up

Another +1 - this would be an excellent help

cher21ny
Stepping Up

I would love this feature!!

jjones3
Recovery Runner

+1 on the feature request.  I would also like to see it added to the HR itself rather than needing to use the app to determine battery life

jazzinthed
Jogger

I would also like to see the battery % indicator on the Charge HR device iteself whether it's an item you scroll through like steps, heart rate, etc, a triple tap, single tap while hopping on one foot and sticking out your tongue... 🙂  you get the point ...

ky1986
Recovery Runner
Agree! A % is needed...full, medium and low is not enough info. My flex would drop to medium after a day and then sit on medium for 4 days or more...never knew when 'low' would come! Now with the Charge HR I will be constantly paranoid once my battery hits 'medium'.
slparadaa
Jogger

Please find a way to display battery levels for Fitbit Charge, or at least to see when it´s fully charged

gizmo001i
Recovery Runner

Great idea 🙂

timmac51
First Steps

Please add an indicator on the Surge.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Great idea, pretty much a basic requirement when you're on the go!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.