More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
T4ll1f3r
Jogger
This is an absolute must. The battery as it is on the device is almost impossible to see. A% would solve this.
reflections
First Steps

My fitbit charge is currently charging intermittently now and think it would be helpful to see whether or not your fitbit is actively charging or not when you look at your Fitbit Dashboard. Thanks

boyinbed
First Steps
It's a bit of eyesore to see battery level as Full/Medium/Low. Such infornation really doesn't help when trying to plan when to charge the tracker. Please make it to display 100% to 1% battery on the tracker and within the App.
nbm108
First Steps
I completely agree with you, boyinbed, I personally cannot stand only having "Low, Med, Full" battery indication. In this day in age there is no reason the battery life can't be shown in %. I truely hope this is something they add in the VERY near furture!
coffybrowny2k
Recovery Runner

I agree!! great idea

Waterbombs16
Recovery Runner
Funny to see this suggestion. I literally just emailed the Fitbit team this morning to suggest this. "Medium" is quite a large gap. It can range from lie 2-4 days of battery, and is very broad. Even adding the battery indicator like the charge/charge HR have when charging would help out a lot. Love the idea. Great minds think alike!
drhormone
Stepping Up

When battery says "medium" what does that mean?  70%?  50%  35%.  Likewise what does "low mean"?  If you are leaving home it would be nice to know if you should charge before you go.

Jess_louise26
First Steps
I would like to suggest instead of full, medium or empty battery Fitbit add a percentage to the flex's battery on the app. Even a 5 bar system to show how much battery your Fitbit actually has
drhormone
Stepping Up
Yes. That would be a giant step for mankind!

Sent from my iPhone
jenna311
Recovery Runner
I would love to have a battery indicator in the quick view for the Alta. I would be so much faster to check and see if it needs to be charged by looking at the Fitbit itself rather than going into the app
Vinz-Ismaylov
First Steps

Please add support to the Fitbit firmware to allow users to view there battery level of there device in the iOS Battery widget located in the Notification Center.

Moderator edit: Labels. 

xapilmi1
Jogger
How about the possibility that, when you scroll thru "Today's" stats, an additional icon at the end of the stats could show current battery level.
Or the watch could vibrate regularly when the battery level reaches a preset value - e.g. 10% remaining. Thx.
Vinz-Ismaylov
First Steps

The battery widget is found under the [Today] Tab in Notification Center. Here is an example:

image.png

xapilmi1
Jogger
Thx. Guess I wasn't clear.mi was recommending a larger battery widget on the watch itself. There is a battery monitor on the upper left of the Blaze 'Today' screen, but when the discharge gets down yo around a quarter remaining, it is barely visible to me.
WellnessIsNow
First Steps
The Battery widget is missing in my iPhone Notification Center. Apparently it is suppose to appear automatically when I pair an Apple Watch, but it didn't appear when I paired my FItbit Blaze. Is there something else to do to make the Battery Widget appear?
Vinz-Ismaylov
First Steps

Wellnessisnow if you scroll down to the bottom of Today in Notification Center there is a Edit button; if you tap on the button it should allow you to edit which widgets appear in today. Your Battery widget may not be enabled.image.png

WellnessIsNow
First Steps
Thanks for the response, but how do I enable the Battery Widget? It's not visible when I tap the Edit button.
Vinz-Ismaylov
First Steps
The widgets that are available for the Today tab that are not currently enabled will appear in the section [Do not include].
I can confirm that the battery widget appears in the today tab on iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone SE/6S/6S+. I personally have the iPhone SE.
Sent from my iPhone SE
Gm7
First Steps

I have a Fitbit Charge HR and rely on the Charge to monitor daily activity and sync only every few days.

I would like to tap on the screen to see battery life remaining. That is a signifcant feature that seems to be missing.

WellnessIsNow
First Steps
My iPhone is a 6+ running iOS 9.3.1 and the Battery widget isn't available. I wonder if this feature is only available for BT paired devices on newer iPhones?
Marrrmaduke
Marathon Racer
Please add this feature! 🙂
MCOTE
First Steps
Add a % next to the battery in the app, So we know when to charge because I don't like yo be without my Fitbit so I charge it on my down time I normally carge it every 3 days so It doesn't run out.
MCOTE
First Steps
% so we know when the battery life is gone
Dianne2212
Jogger
I agree. Mine does not even indicate lower than medium. The indicator on the dashboard displays that it is medium and then I realize it is dead. Not much of a notification as far as I am can see.

Wasim711
First Steps
Hello there, I was wanting to request a feature along the lines of seeing a better idea of how much battery you have in your Fitbit, because the "full" "medium" aren't very specific and you have no idea when it's gonna die and maybe an estimated amount of time it has remaining
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.