More Accurate Battery Life or % in Mobile App

I have owned a Fitbit Charge HR for about 2.5 weeks now. Using the battery life indicator icon on the dashboard on my iPhone or IPad, I was shocked to see that I was at one-half reserve or less by the second day after full charge. I have no notifications permitted and only sync when I open the apps ( few times in 24 hours.) When I plugged in the Fitbit to recharge, however, the battery reserve always showed much greater than the dashboard icon reported. "What gives?" I asked. So, today I called your trusty tech support staff who has just confirmed that the battery life icon on the dashboard only has three "levels" it can report: full, medium, and low. Hmmmm. Not so cool.

OK, guys, please revise your onboard firmware and app software to more accurately reflect the true status of the battery reserve when checking into the dashboard. The "new dashboard" graphics have not addressed this issue. Otherwise, a lot of folks are going to be charging their devices unnecessarily rather than tracking all the fun on wrist or ankle, where they belong. Thanks!

Moderator edit: Labels. 

345 Comments
guitarwoman
Tempo Runner
I think only for android? I am on iOS.

Sent from my iPhone by Bonita Majonis
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I'm running an IOS 6s running 10.2

Sent from Bill's iPad
boilerslpa
First Steps

I was speaking with a Chat Representative about a possible feature (either on the app or on the bands themselves) for showing battery percentage. On my phone, I enjoy knowing how much battery I have left, when I need to charge it, or how full of a battery I have when I charge it.

This feature would be helpful for those who wear their bits more often and don't want to have to leave it be to charge and would like to know when they need to charge by percentage of battery level.

Just a thought.

KUW
Jogger

the % battery indicator on the device and dashboard is a must

Driver8666
Hill Runner

You could incorporate a battery indicator that shows us percentagewise how much our battery is at. Phones do this. It's an idea. 

jurisicm10
First Steps
Indeed, @Gloria, I agree.
dmeyers84
First Steps
I would love to see the battery percentage added to capabilities. What about it being able to show up under the batteries widget on the iPhone as well. This would help tremendously.
dmeyers84
First Steps
I would love to see the battery percentage inside the tracker app, preferably when it opens up right on the dashboard. In addition maybe a swipe screen on the surge to where you see all of your stats and then there is your batter percentage on the screen itself if you can't check your phone. Additionally, why doesn't the batteries widget on iPhone work with Fitbit?
Pinkywinkie
First Steps
Hello!

Is it possible to add the cure to battery percentage level on the Blaze device itself? I find the in-app battery percentage to be inconsistent and mildly inconvenient to have to launch + sync the app in other to obtain a semi-accurate battery reading.

Kind regards,

Eren
Status changed to: New
HelenaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! I see why it would be very beneficial to every Blaze user to have a clearer picture on how much battery they have left. 

Thank you very much for your contribution and interest in improving the Fitbit experience.

Feel free to keep on sharing this idea and voting for other ideas. Thanks!

ProgressiveT
First Steps

Woman Indifferent  I like everyone else really want a percentage number included on the iOS app for fitbit flex 2 an all fit bit models.  People of been asking for this feature for years why can you guys not provide it especially to loyal customers to invest their money in your company & service ?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Orcadolphinfree
First Steps

Please make it possible to be able to see the battery percentage on the fitbit charge 2. I don't want to have to look at my phone and also it only shows full, medium!???

Orcadolphinfree
First Steps

Please make it possible to be able to see the battery percentage on the fitbit charge 2. I don't want to have to look at my phone and also it only shows full, medium!

Laszlo52
Tempo Runner

Now that you have completed the Battery status indicator in percent at the Fitbit Charge 2, nothing to prevent the phone application and PC (https://www.fitbit.com) can be displayed on the dashboard too. The latest version of phone applications (15 December 2016), unfortunately, still do not see the level of battery charge percentage. It would be nice if the in phone app and PC (https://www.fitbit.com) I can also see the level of battery charge on the dashboard in percent (%).

Is it possible? There is a chance?

aleburato
Jogger

Yep. As @Laszlo52 says, why not straighten things up and align all the battery statuses to percent?

dhuynh91
First Steps

It's 2017. We need battery percentages shown on the fitbit and/or the mobile app.

Sawago64
First Steps

@SoliDeoGloria wrote:

I'd like to see an actual percentage on the battery indicator. So rather than high, medium, and lowlow, it would be much easier to know when a charge is needed by a %. 

This morning my battery showed at medium and by the end of my walk it was completely dead. Had I known the % I would have charged it before I left. 

Can't believe the product doesn't have an indicator!?!? And really can't believe after years of people saying they want and need it, Fitbit hasn't listened!!!! Especially when you use your Fitbit to wake up in the morning, it means you can't just charge it overnight like your phone so you need a realtime indicator - common sense and customer focus Fitbit!!!!

wrstark
Jogger

Mostly my suggestions have been made by previous users. I currently use a Blaze and an Alta. The current icon, with high/medium/low indicated, is all but useless to me, if within less than a day it goes from full-charged to showing as if it's only half charged.  

• Show percentage of battery left on the unit itself (e.g., 20% left), and, if possible, estimated day(s) left before the unit dies.  
  • Show percentage of battery left for each unit within the app itself -- e.g., 20% left, estimated 1.5 days left before the unit dies.  I imagine that this should be much more easily reflected here within the app than on the unit itself. 

I find it extremely disappointing that this original suggestion was made over a year and a half ago, has over 2200 votes in favor, and it still hasn't been done.  

talgus
Jogger

very disheartening as my charge hr shows a display while charging that is very accurate.  putting this display as an option in the button push ring would be SIMPLE.  why fitbit??  taking the money and running is my guess.

Profound
Jogger

If one could press the button and the battery icon changed to a percentage, that'd be great too. My previous phone would show how close it was to starting up when one pressed the screen changing from the graphic to a percentage. In any case, it's annoying to have to take the fitbit out of the charging cradle to check how close it is to a full charge. 

codyraymiller
First Steps

I would also like to see a battery percentage, or at least be able to see the battery bar as when charging my Fitbit Charge. Full, Medium, and Low don't cut it.

DWalker94
First Steps

Could there be an update to allow for the percentage left on the Charge 2 to be shown in the pull down Notification Center built into the iPhone? This will save having to enter the Fitbit app every time to check the battery percentage/having to check my Fitbit every time.

DWalker94
First Steps

Have the ability to be able to show the battery percentage of Fibit (specifically Charge 2) when you pull down the Notification Center on iPhone. This will solve this issue of having to open the app/check on Fibit everytime one wishes to see how much battery is left.  

lisabelvan
Jogger

Ooohhh yes! This! Blaze, too, please. 

Bairdy247
First Steps

And the Alta :watch:️👍🏻

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.