More Adventures races/solo (in USA and Internationally)

Can you add more adventures to list of available choices? Right now there's stuff in New York and California but nothing that represents the middle of the country. I'd like to see Grandma's Marathon from Duluth, MN added to the list of available adventures and maybe some other well known places like Mount Rushmore or the Washington Mall in D.C. or Glacier National Park. Just please add more places. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

538 Comments
happypaws4
Jogger
I would love to have a much bigger selection for the solo runs .... I have completed them all and now wondering when new ones will come out
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree that additional challenges are required. How about a virtual Camino de Santiago? There is certainly enough info out there to build a challenge with details of landmarks and points of interest along the way. http://santiago-compostela.net/

And for those really adventurous how about the trans-Canada trail with over 22,000 kilometers of trail to choose from. Trans-Canada Trail (The Great Trail)

Sarahlatch
Jogger

I'd like to see challenges in cities such as London, Barcelona, Brisbane, Tokyo etc 

eshu1
First Steps

Agreed! I'd love to see challenges for other marathons and trails as well (e.g. Chicago, Boston or Big Sur marathons or the Pacific Crest Trail). Or challenges to walk from city to city within a state or country.

Glur
First Steps

I suggest to make challenges a community driven section. It's obivouac enough that Fitbit team doesn't have either time, or interest to do this. Maybe, they have other priorities instead of adding new challenges/adventures. This makes the entire product less enjoyable. So, why not making entire challenges driven by community? 

happypaws4
Jogger
I would not know how to do this

Thank you,  Inge

Let's make this a fantastic day

Glur
First Steps

Well, it shouldn't be that hard! There were some suggestions in this topic to use panoramic pictures. I don't know, how much panoramic pictures adds to this, but I think a regular nice picture would do the trick. The basic idea of these challenges/adventures is for you to explore something new and get an extra motivation. Maybe to push you to actually go there and explore something in real life. Fitbit community is quite huge! For sure there are plenty of pevoke, who take pictures when they hike. It is not that hard to make a user interface where you add amount of steps, and attach pictures along the timeline. That could be done even inside the Fitbit app. Ofc, this thing should be moderated, but will be much easier to moderate rather than create from scratch. 

As for me, I would be happy to try out longer  adventures, than 30 or 60 thousand steps. There are plenty of trails in the World that take up to several weeks or even months to finish in real life. Those could be nice in the form of challenge / adventure, exploring the route digitally. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with Glur. It would make sense for Fitbit to update the app to be able to convert a hike using the GPS function into a challenge. People could also take photos along the way and as long as location services are turned on the photo would have the GPS coordinates required to place the photo at the right place on the route. For those without a Fitbit with GPS capacity, you could use any GPS device and upload a track file using the web interface to upload the file. Google and Apple provide the documentation and capability for people to create as for their phones and tablets that make those devices more useful and desirable. Giving the Fitbit community this same capability to create their own challenges and be able to share them with others would be of benefit too Fitbit as a company because it would distinguish them from the multitude of other fitness trackers out there.

Lilou77
Jogger

Actually I would love to see adventures in any countries of the world or even the possibilities to chose your own starting and finishing point. At the moment it is only limited to the States. 

Lilou77
Jogger

Land'end to John O'Groats in the UK is a classic, walk around Ireland following the coastline. The possibilities are endless. 

Gizsmom
First Steps
Fitbit seems very slow to add new adventures. I'd even like to go out and count steps for them.
Sent from my iPadgtdrsddXD.
aswannsong
Jogger

You need to make adventures user submit-able - I live in sydney and could build some for you around opera house, take panoramas etc. Easily my favourite feature - my whole family gets really competitive!

Moderator edit: labels

ryliegrace
Jogger

Hey Fitbit, you need to create more solo and adventure races! I would utilize these challenges more frequently if you had more cities to choose from. How about a challenge in a shopping mall or at a beach?

EmilyB993
First Steps

Come on FitBit, new adventures please!! Much longer ones that I could achieve over a month would be great too!!

Mike1807
Recovery Runner

I agree, they need more than just the current NYC and Yosemite. Perhaps Fitbit could team up with Google to allow users to set their own courses using Google Maps.

jenlar3
Recovery Runner
That would be so fun!! And motivating on so many levels!!!
CoraxKes
Jogger

Yes yes yes yes yes! Let me add Glenwood Canyon in Colorado (there's a great walking/biking trail that follows I-70 through) and Arches National Park near Moab, Utah. There are all kinds of fantastic places to explore all over the world! A tour of the Forbidden Kingdom in China as well as the Great Wall, etc.

I also like the idea of users adding their own experiences/photos.

Charlie_UK
First Steps

So this thread has been going for over a year. Does Fitbit have any updates as to whether or not they will even consider adding more adventures, let alone actually adding some. There aren't many. And doing them over and over gets kinda boring. 

happypaws4
Jogger
My understanding is that for now they suggest we make our own

Thank you,  Inge

happypaws4
Jogger
My understanding is that for now they suggest we make our own

Thank you,  Inge

SquidFit2017
First Steps
Really? How is that?
SquidFit2017
First Steps
Really? How is that?
SquidFit2017
First Steps
Preach
happypaws4
Jogger
I am not sure what kind of reply you want, I think that we have to figure out how to make these maps for ourselves.

Thank you,  Inge

happypaws4
Jogger
I am not sure what kind of reply you want, I think that we have to figure out how to make these maps for ourselves.

Thank you,  Inge

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.