More Notifications

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

562 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Now that the Pebble Time 2 is out on Kickstarter with Fitness tracking and heart rate monitoring, delivering in November, Fitbit better reconsider this update. If they dont have notifications by then, they probably wont sell more than 10% of what they were previously selling.

The Pebble time has

10 day battery,

Heart rate,

All Notifications,

Customizable watch faces,

Waterproof swim tracking,

Auto Sleep tracking,

Voice respond to sms,

Slim design,

and a vibrent dev community.

I like my Blaze, but with no app notifications, and less than 7 day battery life... I'm switching if they dont get their act together.

Technik500
First Steps

This really does just seem like a **ahem**ing forum where people complain about fitbit and no one actually listens. Our crys fall on deaf ears. 

I am in the process of looking at watches but i just cant bring myself to but a fitbit again. dont get me wrong its a great product and i hope they have something special in their R&D department. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would it be possible to consider adapting the software to allow for Facebook and other Phone App Notifications on the Fitbit Alta please.  Perhaps an option for users to custom what alerts show on the Fitbit Alta screen?  

Many Thanks, Renee

Erwin2015
Jogger
Please add support for WhatsApp and other messenger apps (but really mainly WhatsApp) - generally a few more third party app support would be awesome
ZackC
Distance Walker

Hi , I am a fitbit newbie user who just own a new blaze for two weeks.

I love my new gear which is such useful in my real life

It's a pity that I am also a iphone user and I can only get SMS / imessage notification from my blaze

Actually It is not so useful for me because that I don't use imessage very often  

I look for solutions to get notification from other messaging apps for a few days but it seems to be impossible for now.

I got an idea that it is an easy way to solve this problem:

Just make blaze to support to recive notification from fitbit official app, and expose the way (maybe a webAPI or something) to trigger fitbit app

so that I can use IFTTT to set my own recipe for many circumstances.

I think its a simple way to meet everyone's request that need custom notification

Moderator's edit: added labels

JJMD-Josh
First Steps
A lot of people use Facebook Messenger to message people, instead of the inbuilt messaging app. It would be nice to get these notifications also.
247topgoose
First Steps

Hi,

I know the Fitbit Blaze is primarily a fitness watch but if you expect people to be wearing the watch all day and at night then adding more notifications (mostly WhatsApp for me on IOS) isn’t asking too much. Give us the option at least?

You guys sell metal straps for evening wear so you already accept the watch will be used in different social scenarios. When purchasing I thought it wouldn’t be a big deal but how wrong was I.

If I had to buy again I would buy an iWatch which is a shame because I have the Fitbit scales, the Fitbit App is awesome but I’m a real user in the real world and the option not to have 3rd party notifications doesn’t make Fitbit look very innovative or in touch in my opinion. Even my old Garmin Fenix 2 supported WhatsApp notifications!

Add 3rd (WhatsApp) notifications and shut those Apple fans boys up for good I say 🙂

I'm more that happy to beta test for free. 

Ps, I’ve also noticed my watch doesn’t response consistently to taps? When is a tap not a tap, that’s another story…

Thanks,

Gary

Roseyp
Jogger
I have the surge and would like WhatsApp and email notifications. If possible also the notifications that my phone receive. This would make the surge an apple watch killer !! My son has a very cheap smart watch (u80) and although android he gets every notification going, so it is possible. Hopefully with iOS this can be done.
Pail
Nouskaz
First Steps

First of all i'd like to thank you for the Fitbit Blaze. It is by far the most good looking Fitbit product and the only one that doesn't look ridiculous on my tiny wrists even with it's large screen. 

Although I understand and appreciate, to a certain extend, that it is a fitness product the reality is that even fitness fanatics have a social life and it is impossible for one to have 2 watches to cover the 2 functionalities you want so the real winner would be the one that does it all and does it well! Both fittness and alert messages (calls, emails, messages etc).

Please add Facebook message alerts and email and gmail alerts and a choice for more than one type of messaging alert. At the moment I have messages on but it would be nice to add wassup at the same time and others that are missing like facebook.

Keep up the good work!

frecklescv
Jogger

Please add Whatsapp notifications for IOS - its already been added for androids - a lot of iPhone users out there that may want the Blaze vs. springing for the Apple watch... this may be a deal breaker for some of us.

From the moderators: "I couldn't find a feature request for Whatsapp notifications on iOS. I'd definitely recommend creating a new feature request for that one".

It apparently hadnt been specifically created as a standalone; however, it is spread all over the comments 😉

SJapati
First Steps

Please add email alert and at least Whatsapp notifications. I believe more and more people use Whatsapp instead of SMS (let alone iMessage on iOS)

tvieira86
Jogger

+1
Please, this feature is very required!

The only thing I use is WhatsApp. Considering this thread started in 2014, I'm not really getting my hopes up for a solution.
Bchaney80
First Steps
PLEASE give us the option of email notifications. Those are just as important as text messages.
Stark.North
First Steps

Whatsapp is one of the most used messaging services. It would be extremely helpful if it could be viewed on the blaze with IOS devices since it already has been implemented with Android.

Sevenfoural
First Steps
Further to your Twitter update about call,text and calendar notifications. Is there any reason why we cannot have Facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat or Twitter notifications? I love my new Blaze but my old Garmin did let these notifications through which was very handy.
FrankNorvig
Jogger

Instead of hooking up to the Android SMS broadcast receiver only it would be nice if the Fitbit app could hook up to general notification events so we could also see new emails, facebook notifications, facebook messenger and so on. Naturally with a way to enable/disable this for people who prefer something simpler and less disturbing.

SMS was replaced by social media and other messaging apps years ago, I really hope the Fitbit developers will implement notifications from some of the more current ways of communicating.

Leahxhall
Jogger
I would really love to see available notifications from Instagram snap chat. I feel these additions would really bring it up to par with Apple Watch. I own the blaze and that it the main thing I would like to see in an update
247topgoose
First Steps

SOLD!! It looks like people have been asking for this feature for a while now so it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Just take this into confideration before purchasing since you can't expect every request to be implemented which is reasonable I guess. Bye for now..

marco.casadio
Jogger

Please add support for Whatsapp and Email notifications on Surge.

ac166
Base Runner

For new existing users: It's never going to happen.

If you need this functionality, buy a Garmin (or Samsung or Pebble or Apple or a whole bunch of other fitness/smartwatches which all offer this functionality.)

GiovanniZ
First Steps
I think it would be great to be able to receive what'sapp notifications on Fitbit Alta in iPhone !! 😄
dariohy
First Steps
SMS is becoming less used, even iMessage... Whatsapp and other sources (email) are more relevant to me. Could you add this feature to iOS?
Productoa
First Steps
Please expand the notification possibilities for the charge hr.
rituck
First Steps
Need to be able to receive whatsapp notifications from IPhone

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.