More clock faces for the Charge 5

More clock faces for charge five

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

306 Comments
Bartbobley
First Steps

I agree totally. All of the faces on the charge 4 were better.  I would love just one decent chronograph face like is available for the Sense. 

GrantedTaken
First Steps
The Charge 5 has a relatively small number of watch faces and they are nearly all overly styled and difficult to read. Give more options that focus on providing information and/or looking normal. This would go a long way for the users.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GrantedTaken, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more clock faces for Charge 5. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in these suggestions: Charge 5 Customize clock faces colors and Charge 5 Heavy stat clock face.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

GLB3
Stepping Up

I totally agree with the comments on this thread.  Good design is only "good" of it is also functional.  The clock designs offered with the charge 5  suffer from over-design and low-function. I also concur with the proposed design in this thread and with users that find the 'target' clock to be the most useful, but annoying that it can't be set to default to the preferred stat. 

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
Zone, Target, and Slashed are the only useful ones in any capacity. I just
can't read it if it's not in a single row (unless it's analog... Also not
many options). I also hope that whoever designed Hawaiian Punch thinks they
are hilarious because I swear that watch face could turn someone dyslexic.
I feel like this tracker is a big joke to the company and they laugh that
people actually use it because otherwise they'd fix it.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

PLEASE - 

We need:

New, basic, digital and analog faces with Day, Date, Time - and possibly customizable faces.

Larger, yet aesthetically balanced numbers. Look to Casio & Nixon. It’s not that complicated. 

Can the colors. Stick with the basics. Thank you. I’d love to continue with this Charge 5. 

It’s up to you developers….

Rozmar
First Steps
Totally agree with all of this. Give us a few simple basic faces. I care about the time more than my stats.

Tamás
Kents82
Recovery Runner

The supplied clock faces are horrendous.  They are too busy and use gaudy design and colors.  Can't you have some simple clock faces like the Charge 3 that show more of the fitness aspects without the gaudy design?  How hard can this be to supply more choices??????  I see very few positive comments on this forum about the supplied clock faces.  This is something that Fitbit can easily do.  Retro is the only clock face that I can tolerate.  PLEASE, PLEASE provide some alternatives or give me the Design Studio code so I can make my own.

thanks, Kent Sander

bubblepopinc
Jogger

Is this a lost cause?  I see no updates or addressing the issue. 

ThreeOne
Recovery Runner

I use "Target" clock face which is by far the most straight forward and clear clock face.

Kents82
Recovery Runner
Yes, I agree. My mistake - there are two clock faces that are usable. I wish Fitbit would explain their design decisions.

- kent sander
BlaMcFasel
Jogger

Hei,

can you also please switch Date and Month. Here in Germany it is Day.Month. not Month.Day.

Where do i find the state of the development?

Otherwise the Charge 5 is great. Thanks.

Dasaco
First Steps

More options please! seems to me that Fitbit is constraining the clock faces un purpose, this feature is a must for wearables. We change mood seasons etc we want our watch to change as well even more if we pay a premium for a colored screen.

EnergyGuru
Recovery Runner

Long-time user, vision impaired, none of these faces work for me.
I need to see my steps without swiping and only "slashed" shows steps upfront but in tiny letters and the time numerals are sliced off in a very distracting manner.   Why not just give us a simple clear set of choices that aren't "clever"?
Can we please get more faces that include the steps count more prominently?

Or, much better still, develop a user-defined option where we can create our own face!!!   Pretty please?

DaveBohl
Jogger

Exactly! Less clever. More simple. More clear. Steps without having to swipe to get there.

How hard can this be, Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

catviolinist
First Steps

Agreed. I just got the Charge 5 for Christmas to replace my older (but still functional) Charge 2. I am thinking about returning it primarily because of the display options. They. Are. UGLY. More importantly, they aren’t functional. Since it’s on my wrist, I use it as a watch, so I have to look at it quite a bit. I want something functional AND satisfying to look at. We need the ability to customize display colors, format, and content.

ThreeOne
Recovery Runner

Catviolinist. Have you tried "Target" clock face which is by far the most straight forward and clear clock face.

itencate
First Steps

Adding my voice to the others in this thread looking for some less outlandish clock faces, and some better use of the available colour palette to support visibility rather than announcing how funky you are - really we're looking for a straightforward clcok face like on the charge 4 (I liked the old school analog readout with a second hand). 

Kents82
Recovery Runner
Yes, thank you. That is the one I use now.

- kent sander
Lakewood3009
First Steps

I got a Charge 5 for Christmas and returned it.  I need an analog watch and simply can’t stomach that pink.

CalgaryTom
Stepping Up

I agree that most of the clock faces on the Charge 5 are useless.  The remark about hallucinogenic drugs was quite funny.

I, like some other folks, want something that is clean and easy to read.  It's hard to make out some of the current faces when I am exercising.  As well, I don't find it very natural to read the time vertically.

Also, I understand the complaint that date format is American (month/day); and this is an American company (sigh).  Most of the world, especially the English speaking world, formats their date by day/month.  However, in reality, the month is not needed at all.  Just day of the week and day of month is all that is needed.  I can't believe that people don't know what month it is.

I would also like better options for analog faces - especially with a second hand.  The four given are pretty pathetic.

As this was given to me as a gift, I can't take it back.  

I am definitely not happy, but a few changes to the clock face would certainly help.

rhodie22
First Steps

Charge 4 had simple time + heart rate screens, which I prefer

Tamij76
Jogger

I fully expected to see more clock face options out by now. I have had my Charge 5 for 5 months. @LizzyFitbit when can we expect to see our requests for clean horizontally level readable clockfaces addressed? there is a common theme in the 300 posts on this topic, readable, clean, stats displayed without scrolling. My previous fitbit trackers had 3rd party developers jumping onboard with clock faces we could purchase for a few $. Is fitbit suppressing outside developers also?

CalgaryTom
Stepping Up
I agree. More clock faces are definitely needed. Simple, clean, and stats heavy would be nice.
Tom

Sent from my iPhone
JieHu
First Steps

Please get more clockfaces that focus on function over weird designs. At the moment I am using Target, but it is not enough and more choice would be great.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.