More clock faces for the Charge 5

More clock faces for charge five

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

306 Comments
Maymetal
Stepping Up

This is my first Fitbit (Charge 5) and although I'm happy with the features (bar some niggles), I'm deeply dissapointed with the display.

I bought the device mailnly for the heart rate stats and the ECG app. Unfortunately, the only clock face that shows the stats at a glance (The Slashed) is unreadable. I have to put my reading glases on to see the tiny figures. The only thing that is readable is the time and the slashed design is very distracting.

If I  wanted a watch to show me the time, I would've spent so much money on a Fitbit!

I thought I was buying a fitness / health tracker. Why is practicality being sacrificed? I don't want the latest fashion fad, I need a functional device.

I would like the stats to feature prominently on the display and the time display to be reduced in size. 

Also a more simple/basic/less colourful design wouldn't go amiss.

As I said, I'm deeply dissapointed and now after reading the non-existent responses from Fitbit on these threads, I'm also very frustrated.

javineya
Jogger

Add my voice to the chorus of Charge 5 owners who are disappointed with these odd clock faces. I upgraded from the Charge 4--sold it to a friend--and I think I would've kept my Charge 4 had I known how little I'd like the clock faces on the 5.

There need to be some "plain" options with subdued colors, better access to the metrics we bought Fitbits to track, and less clutter. Open the display up to FitBit Studio and we'll make them for you.

Wrobinson
First Steps

I’m not sure why almost all of the current clock face designs have the same look and feel. We need a wider variety of options ranging from simple, minimal, elegant, all they way to load bold colors, etc. Not everyone likes that look. The screen is so nice but the options are just not for me. I’m considering getting something else from another brand just because they are all so bad.

Kijang
First Steps
Does fitbit actually still read this thread?
DaveBohl
Jogger

Great question. To ignore consistent opinion from your customers provided on the company’s own site would seem to destroy loyalty to the brand.

It is time we hear from you Fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Mobay2
First Steps

Yes, come on Fitbit/Google! This is ridiculous. Your Charge 5 face options are pathetic. Please, please update them.

Are you even reading this feedback?

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
I say we just create new threads instead of commenting on one that they
have in the "Reviewed" stage (aka ignored apparently). 5 months and no real
updates.... Just ECG which I PERSONALLY couldn't care less about.
Especially compared to the MAIN DISPLAY WHICH I LOOK AT MANY TIMES A DAY.
AzaB2C
Jogger

Thanks for not fixing!  Returned my charge 5 and bought amzn Haloview for much less.

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
All of us who kept it thinking it'd be fixed.... Are jealous.
Kents82
Recovery Runner
I totally agree!! This might be my last Fitbit tracker I purchase since I have no confidence that Fitbit cares.

- kent sander
Geoff246
First Steps

I agree wholeheartedly - more variation in the available clock faces is needed (as was common with earlier trackers, such as the Blaze). A few more analog options would be nice, but it's particularly important to give people the option of showing specific metrics on the clock face.

Marytdlittle
First Steps

Please can we have more clock faces for Charge 5, especially a nice traditional clock face with hands.

Thanks 

Also a nice royal blue strap would be nice 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello. I see that many in the community are asking for more watchfaces for charge 5, is it so difficult to add some simpler dials? It would be enough to import some faces of the fitibit luxe,  like GLAM or SIMPLER. Hope you fix soon. 

pdotterw
Jogger

How about including BATTERY LEVEL on the faces.   Sure you can get it with a swipe up (battery icon is too small there for unknown reason) - but if I am riding a bike - I'd have to take both hands off the handlebar to see POWER LEVEL.  This is a battery powered device, power level is important.  

I22yb
Jogger
Agreed, and a little bigger, too. Some of us have bad/old eyes.
nacinla
Recovery Runner

I agree with the sentiments here. While the designs attempt to be visually appealing and edgy, they miss the mark from a user experience viewpoint because when you're glancing at your Fitbit, you shouldn't have to interpret the letters, which are sometimes chopped off. There's the KISS rule in design: Keep It Simple, Stupid. (You can skip the "stupid" part.) But this may not be a problem for me because I may be returning mine; it doesn't seem to be that much more accurate with steps, heart rate and sleep (what's left?) than my dying Charge 2. Time to look at Apple Watch ....

I22yb
Jogger
Agreed. If they don't come out with better clock faces, or the ability to
make our own, this will be my last Fitbit.
CoastalDee
Jogger

I agree with so many of the posters here.  I bought the Charge 5 expecting it to be as good and a bit better than my Charge 2.  Can't really tell because I'm stymied by the watch face choices.  I don't need 'designer' I need easy to read and practical.  My needs are simple, the time, the date, (which day it is is a bonus but not critical), and my steps.  The fancy colors are unnecessary and having the info in strange fonts that take up much of the real estate is a huge negative.  Very disappointed. If there is no hope of this issue being fixed I will rethink Fitbit.

nacinla
Recovery Runner

My Charge 5 is on its way back. It was too inconsistent with step count, and the sleep measuring was imprecise as the Charge 2. I'll probably get an Apple Watch.

JessicaSeekins
First Steps

I would like to have a lcars or even Matrix theme watch face for the charge 5.

Pari5
First Steps

Please, prettier faces as well? And not all the crazy colors? 

Eeyore0274
First Steps

I don't know how to design a face, but personally the Fitbit is not my watch.  It is a fitness tracker.  My watch is a watch.  I certainly don't need the time being the most prominent thing on the face. I also really miss having the Medic ID link on the face.  I made a mockup in paint of the info I would want on it. Dev could do better colors and black background.  The user could choose what 2 (or 3) stats are displayed ie: HR, steps, 02  or HR, steps, temp  and so on. 

tmotx
Jogger

Please make a clock face with a readable font for 40+. I am in 50's and need reading glasses to see it. The time is great - can't see the steps... well. Even if I could scroll to the second screen to see it blown up, I would be much happier, but would love the time and steps on the clock face large and plain, no fancy colors needed.... (and then be able to scroll to hear rate...).

biznatch11
Jogger

I agree with many of the other comments. I really like the simple and highly functional Stats Heavy face on my Charge 3 and it's the main thing stopping me from upgrading to the 5. Please release more like this for the 5.

JimRW
Jogger

I've already commented on one of these threads (not sure which one as there are many) but haven't seen any attempt by Fitbit to address an obvious issue.  No one is buying a fitness tracker for "cute" faces.  We want something functional.  I've already decided this will be my last Fitbit, more so because the company doesn't seem to care one iota about what their customers want than simply because of the silly clock faces. 

------------

Provide functional clock faces for the charge 5 rather than the existing "cute" ones.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.