More clock/watch faces for the Charge 3!

So, the Charge 3 is out and there is a huge let down:

There are only 5 clock/watch faces:charge 3 clock.png

Come on Fitbit...at least include all the Charge 2 watch faces too. We all loved the Charge 2 watch face with the time, date and the highlighted feature (steps/heart rate etc.)

Whats missing:

- Faces with the actual DATE and DAY

- Faces with a DIGITAL SECONDS TIMER

Or to say it again, just include the Charge 2 watch faces. Thanks in advance.

1,624 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes horrible clock face options!   I was so excited about all the upgrades to the charge 3, but now that I see the horrible clock faces it’s making me reconsider buying one.  Come on Fitbit!   There should be at least 20 to 30 clock face choices this is pathetic!  You have had two years to come up with better options and this is what you came up with?    

And why do all the Clock faces have to look like they’re designed for someone in high school?    Why can’t you make some elegant looking readable clock faces?    I just don’t get it, this is really disappointing!  I like my ideas better!

Charge-3-clock-faces-2.jpg

Rachyx
First Steps

Got the charge 3 yesterday having previously had the Alta and charge 2 and it is definitely disappointing in clock faces compared to the charge 2. 

Please do an update with some more including the date! 

Suppostina
First Steps

Please add the date to the watchfaces. It is very important.

HurryUp
Jogger

Agree totally! The faces from charge 2 should definitely be available.

However, what I really want is a second time zone (UTC). Please!

lifeonmars
Tempo Runner

If I had known that the face on Charge 3 did not display a date like Charge 2 I would not have bought it !

Serious error.

MTglass
Recovery Runner

Very disappointed there is no date display option surely an oversight?

ColinC.
First Steps

It needs to have the date on the watch face! Massive oversight! 

MLBM
Jogger

Please add charge 3 clock face to include the date. It is very disappointing that the charge 3 does not have this as an option.

Viello
Strider

Agree that current watchface selections are quite limited.

Would like for Look At A Glance:

...Date (user-selected format)

...Time (user-selected 12/24)

...Battery level

...Steps

...Stairs

...Heart rate

JBiv
Jogger

The first thing I noticed today about my new Charge 3 was that there is no date on clock face!  Also the time doesn’t even have a colon.  I had to figure out that 104 was actually the time, rather than my steps.  Come on Fitbit!  Your new features are being overshadowed by your poorly designed clock face and your removal of the date from clockface.  Please correct quickly.  A loyal customer - Jenny

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree.  I expected that the Charge 3 would have a clock face with the date. 

Winder
Jogger

Agreed, They really should have an overwhelming set of home screen choices. The DATE is one of the most important to me. If you want people to purchase these over a full smartwatch you should give the option include the most basic of info on the home screen. 

Add the date

Add the battery level

Add new Fonts.

Add a : Colon to the time.

Add a larger Steps readout area.

Add a ton of new choices for layout, give people options! 

ZenfulChaos84
Jogger

Completely agree with every single comment posted.  I was so excited for the Charge 3 and the watch faces are not very thought out, kind of seems like a last thought for DEV team.  And the Charge 2 had a great feature that all other Fitbit predecessors did not have, BATTERY LEVEL.  I don't really want to grab my phone to check the DATE and have to load the Fitbit App to see when my Charge 3 battery will die.  I work in the food service industry and touching phones are a big no no, which is why I loved the watch faces of the Charge 2.  Basic watches have the date on them...

Please fix this Fitbit!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agree with all...not well designed by FitBit. Just need the same as what the C2 had... date, time, steps and HR on the main screen. 

Bowman212
Jogger

Come on fitbit, you can do better than that. Are you kidding me really?? The most basic thing we would like displayed!! Date, date, date

Sigragalli
Jogger

I have upgraded from a 2 and I agree that the available clock faces are very disappointing indeed. I much preferred those on the 2.

vee
Progression Runner

Yes, agree. The most important thing to me is the visibility of the steps, they're less apparent here. I liked being able to also switch between HR and 'Steps for the hour' as the secondary item on the face, as I did on my Charge 2. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the same faces as found on the Charge 2!  I need not only the time and date but also the day of the week!  Please!

Bowman212
Jogger

Agree!        

Njett
First Steps

I agree. I just got my charge 3 set up and am very disappointed with the lack of clock face options. With a 40% larger screen than thee older charge 2, you would think there would be more options to put more data on the screen. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Here are some ideas for a better clock face that actually shows the day of the week and the date.  Come on fitbit, you should have 15 - 20 or more clock face options...  You have a great update to everything about the Charge 3 and then such little effort on the clock face.  The fitbit clock faces have always seemed childish looking or cheap looking.  With the great updates to the Charge 3 you need clock faces (fonts) and imagery to be much better.

Charge-3--clock-ideas.jpg

Bowman212
Jogger
Exactly!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Here are some suggested Clock faces that includes a full date with the actual day of the week.  Hey fitbit, I am for hire!  I think my clock faces would be quite popular.  You have a great update to the Charge 3, but didn't put any effort into the design of the software?   You need much better graphics and fonts to match the upgrades to the device.  and more obviously when considering any tracker or smart watch to replace my watch the basic thing it better do very well is provide the basics, like time of date, full date.  And make it easy to read instead of trying to make it look funky and different.  Just make it nice please!  

Charge-3-clock-face-ideas.jpg

BruceCA
Stepping Up

Hi guys - I have only registered on the forum as I am very disappointed to read the Charge 3 does not have a date display option. I use this feature every day as I have found as I get older that I lose track of the date, (let alone what day it is). Don't laugh as it will happen to you young people one day. I had planned to update to the Charge 3 as soon as it becomes available in NZ but have now put this on hold. Actually having the week day displayed as well would be a bonus for us older folk. I have long bored friends about how great the Charge 2 is for motivating fitness - am a huge fan and have never been interested in the Apple watch. Please Fitbit do something about this so I can buy the Charge 3!

RuthMI
Base Runner

This is the clock I use on my Charge 2.  It's everything I want to see at a glance, without having to switch screens, tell it I'm going for a walk, etc.  

I gave up using it for HR on runs and got a Garmin since I ended up staring at "--" no matter how many times I repositioned it.  But I did use this screen to check relative "resting" heart rate when sitting at my desk etc.  I can't even guess how many times I check my steps every day. If I have to switch screens to do it, then the Fitbit just doesn't meet my needs.

I'd also like the fonts to be as large as this screen on the Charge 2.  Fitbit has a lot of over-40 users that I'm not sure they were thinking about.

The only reason I wanted a Charge 3 is because Fitbit had the screen issue with the Charge 2 and mine cracked...out of warranty of course.  Not feeling a lot of love for Fitbit these days.  

Still thinking I'll give them a couple weeks to hopefully release some different faces, then return it if not.  

Charge 2 clock.png 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.