More clock/watch faces for the Charge 3!

So, the Charge 3 is out and there is a huge let down:

There are only 5 clock/watch faces:charge 3 clock.png

Come on Fitbit...at least include all the Charge 2 watch faces too. We all loved the Charge 2 watch face with the time, date and the highlighted feature (steps/heart rate etc.)

Whats missing:

- Faces with the actual DATE and DAY

- Faces with a DIGITAL SECONDS TIMER

Or to say it again, just include the Charge 2 watch faces. Thanks in advance.

1,624 Comments
JBAustin
Keeping Pace

I miss the Charge 2 clock faces. Date is a must!

Spearguy
Recovery Runner

Total mistake Fitbit. No date? 5 faces?

really? I’m returning mine and my wife’s if we ever even get it. Pre order disappointing! I have a charge 2 for 2 years and really like it and thought the 3 was an upgrade not a downgrade. really bad reviews!

Spearguy
Recovery Runner

How do we vote? Sorry for the stupid question!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The Charge 3 is a huge upgrade in every way except the home screen / clock face options.     I’m hoping they will address this issue very soon.

Features the Charge 3 has that the Charge 2 does not:

Water Proof, gorilla glass 3 screen (charge 2 is a plastic screen], touch screen instead of a hard tap, 40% larger screen, better sensor for monitoring your sleep quality, blood oxygen levels (can detect sleep issues), 7 day battery compared to 5 days on the Charge 2, lighter in weight and thinner than the charge 2 and more exercise tracking.   

Very nice upgrades but software home screen options are very crappy.  Enough to keep me from buying a charge 3 if they don’t improve them.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/help/faqpage

Click on the thumbs up icon on the first page/first post in the thread. 

CharlaMarie
Jogger

I just received my Charge 3, I was soooo excited about the changes from my beloved Charge 2, but I'm very disappointed with the clock faces!  No date?  I'm 74, I need the time and date, at least give us the Charge 2 clock faces.  I am seriously considering returning the Charge 3, the Charge 2 is my wear all day everyday watch as well as step and exercise tracker.

Viello
Strider

1. Yes, it is true the 5 face offerings are unacceptably minimalist.

2. Yes they need to quickly add face selections showing a degree of thought beyond half-asleep-when-created. 

3. Yes, with a larger watch face, they shouldn't have all been *less* information. 

4. Yes, I am also disappointed, BUT...

I am assuming they will realize their mistake and add faces with sufficient information to justify people buying the device.

I don't expect all the detail found on my Ionic screen, but there is enough room on this screen for:

Date + Day-of-Week

Time (with 24hr option)

Steps + Stairs (important)

Heart Rate

Battery Level

I don't care if I have to swipe to see distance.

I don't want minutes active or calories on the main watchface. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Oh dear, my Charge 3 is due to arrive tomorrow and now I find this out! I need at least as much info as my Alta HR provides on the clock screen i.e. time (not too fussed about seconds but the option would be good), day and date.

This could be a deal-breaker...

melanielovie
First Steps

I highly agree. I almost want to to return it. I heavly rely on the date. Especially I’m at work having customer sign & date documents. Please update. 

zbrown1218
First Steps

Please give us an update for the charge 3 Asap that includes clock faces showing the time and date! I just bought the charge 3 and my wife upgraded from the charge 2 and we are both disappointed that the 3 doesn't have this feature like her charge 2 did. Thank you!

Moderator Edition: Format

Mincho
First Steps

Where is the date on all of the clock faces?It was hard to believe that fitbit miss this feature big time.I am disappointed.Hopefuly they will fix that quickly and easy.

BruceCA
Stepping Up

It is odd that Fitbit needs feedback on the need for such a basic requirement for a watch/activity tracker like the new Charge 3. If I owned the Fitbit company I would want to know why my design team released this device without a screen date display (and even a week day display option). So useful for those of us crossing date lines while travelling. I predict falling sales (and profits) unless this issue is quickly resolved. My only option is to go for the new Apple Watch - it is more expensive, needs more frequent charging but at least displays the date (correct me if I'm wrong!) Despite being an obsessive Apple fan I had my heart set on the Charge 3.....

rustolio
First Steps

I would love to see clock faces that include the date.  That was probably one feature of the Charge 2 that I used multiple times per day.

Also, it would be awesome if I could design my own clock faces using the SDK.

An ideal clockface for me would include the time, date, outdoor temperature, and number of steps.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I got my Charge 3 today. Disappointed in the watch faces choices. Want to see more choices. I do really like it though. Very comfortable and light weight. Also, want to be able to change order and remove the tiles I do not use. Little irritating swiping through tiles I do not need. Thanks

Jimeddy84
Jogger

So are we all just hoping for this date change and nothing will ever happen or will this change happen ASAP? Do we have a timeline that this will hopefully change? Also adding an option where we don’t all have to have steps as one of the displays would be nice. I’d like my burned calories to be one of the major displays as well just like my charge 2.

Jimeddy84
Jogger

Add the customize display option...

sweetnlow29
First Steps

I just got my Fitbit charge 3 today.  Soooo, disappointed that it has no date!! I use it as my watch as well as my tracker. Even my old original charge had the date. Im seriously thinking of returning it already!! Unless they can do an update to remedy the problem!! For the price there should of been the date available. 🤨

Viello
Strider

Definitely being able to select which items we want on the main face would be ideal....

Day/date/time on all faces +  

Select 4 parameters to display.

Bet they don't do that...not sure why, since it let folks show what they care about and swipe for the stuff they care less about.  

Don007
First Steps

I support the comments, should have dates options and more displays choices. Common Guys it's an esay fix and it will pay off for you actual and futur customers !

slbailey1
Base Runner

I was all set to purchase a Fitbit Charge 3.  But I am putting my purchase on hold until the Charge 3 have clock faces with the date.

kostax
Base Runner

Joining in to echo everyone's dissatisfaction with the limited stock clock faces on the Charge 3. Please implement the best clock face ideas of the Charge 2, Alta HR, etc. We definitely need date & day of week options:

THURS NOV 25

kulbhushan
First Steps

following are my queries:

1. When will fitbit pay option will be available in india?

2.Can i use my music app in fitbit versa without bluetooth earphones to play music from my watch?

acotgreave
Jogger

After 3 years since ditching my first Fitbit, I just ordered a Charge 3. Now I discover this thread. I want 2 things on my clock face: Time and Date. No date? This might be going straight back to Amazon. My Casio watch has a better display.

ShowsOn
Jogger

Given that the Charge 3 includes a weather app, it would be nice if the current temp at the current location (gleaned from connected GPS) could also be added to a clock face. Just make it update every 15 - 20 minutes to save battery.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion @zbrown1218. I hope it will get many votes. Smiley Wink

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.