More details about Water exercises

We need a program to record water aerobics.  Presently we must tailor another exercise program, but there is no tracker for calories burned, step adjustment, etc. Tailoring “Walk” gives a step counter and time, but no way to adjust stride. SOLUTION: step length, step counter, then 4-5 resistance or intensity levels, length of time at each level, or average intensity. Incorporate arm activity in intensity. 

Presently I have no reason to upgrade to Versa.  Perhaps this could be a separate waterproof device that syncs to dashboard. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

34 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi  @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion. It'd be a great option for people that really enjoy water workouts. Hope it gets a lot of votes!

blstephens3
First Steps

Many people are turning to water aerobics as their preferred choice of exercise, especially older people, as it is a "safe" way to exercise and it achieves results.  I would like to recommend that this be added to the tracker as a option to choose to add to your device. It can currently be tracked manually but it would be better to be able to choose it when you begin your exercise.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @blstephens3! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Rosie77
First Steps

I do water aerobics three times a week and there is currently nowhere to track that on the Versa.  I currently leave it on steps because we use our legs of course.  Any other suggestions?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rosie77, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Stretch74
Base Runner

I logged a water aerobics session on my mobile app but it shows as a "workout" in the weekly exercise section on my Versa. It would be helpful to see specific workouts on the Versa.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stretch74, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. remember to add your vote.

Civ2010
Jogger

I do water aerobics (aqua fit) twice a week and deep water once a week.  I have both a flex 2 and a Charge 2.  I found when wearing the flex 2 it was not very accurate so I gave up using it.  I now always wear my Charge 2 (not in the water) and track the activity manually.  This would be a great feature to add.

Mary

Binkus
Base Runner

Because of continued water therapy because of health conditions I am not continuing at the gym. I noticed I stay focus and accountable when I am tracking and visiting my gadgets. I purchased FitBit Versa because of its abilities. The many pool mates at the therapy place and the gym would like this feature as will. In the exercise section on the watch/Tracker would like a option for Water Aerobic and auto track and calculate calories burn like the Treadmill etc have. Would you please put that in the next software update or app to buy like the clock faces. I know I could manually add this but that's not calculating burn calories correctly on my behalf.

Binkus
Base Runner

Correction from previous post. I am now continuing at the gym. Typed in error "not". I didn't see how to edit original messages.

Would love if water aerobics added to Fitbit! Pease add and Rucking

Binkus
Base Runner

Please consider a Water Aerobics, Water Jogging app to in the exercise choice that will auto start and count calories burn. I use Versa. Love to have everything in one place.

RebeccaJL
First Steps

I need a FitBit that will track not just lap swimming but also deep water aerobics, very similar to cross fit in intensity, but in water. The key is feet do not touch the ground, you’re in 12ft water. I currently wear a Charge 3  HR and have had nothing but FitBits for more than a decade and don’t want to change if possible.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RebeccaJL! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Binkus
Base Runner

We need votes. How do we vote? I don't see vote options for any suggestions except for one person I believe is admin. I want to vote for all these suggestions.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

We need a program to record water aerobics.  Presently we must tailor another exercise program, but there is no tracker for calories burned, step adjustment, etc. Tailoring “Walk” gives a step counter and time, but no way to adjust stride. SOLUTION: step length, step counter, then 4-5 resistance or intensity levels, length of time at each level, or average intensity. Incorporate arm activity in intensity. 

Presently I have no reason to upgrade to Versa.  Perhaps this could be a separate waterproof device that syncs to dashboard. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

I vote for water aerobics being added
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
👍🏼✌🏼❤️
RebeccaJL
First Steps
I’m not sure how you vote. Haven’t found any explanation online....

Sent from my iPad
Binkus
Base Runner
Thank you very much 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
pjourneay
Jogger

I do water workouts with physical therapy equipment and directions.  The charge thinks I might be riding a bike!  I want to tell it that I am wearing weights (# lbs), and types of movements and count of each ( ie, 20 squats w weights). Or water aerobic moves. Treading water for 20 minutes. This is not swimming, such as a breast stroke or crawl, but it is definitely exercise. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @pjourneay! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I am not “ @pjourneay”

????? Plz see message
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Excellent advice, p journeay.
~ e mclarty
Agreed. I jog in the water and use weights. I wish fitbit could account for
this.
ccobble
Jogger

I agree. Charger 3 works great for swimming laps but need something to track aerobics.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.