More in-depth sleep data analysis (eg impact of activity or HR on sleep)

Hi everyone!!!

Dear Fitbit,

it would be really nice if you could implement more functional sleep analysis. I ask/suggest/offer you to have a look at really interesting app (Sleep Cycle).  Sleep cycleSleep cycle

I am sure that a lot of Fitbit users would appreciate this kind of sleep information. Here you can see some examples but there is much more in it. 

1 2 34 I am sure this kind of functionality would bring you more customers and more fun to Fitbit users. Thank you!!!

PS. I am really surprised you have not done it yet

Moderator Edit: Edited labels and Clarified subject

247 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I also vote for better analysis of sleep information. And advice to aid improved sleep patterns. No matter how simple solutions may be, some people just need to be reminded of the basics too.
jackson27
First Steps

+1 for the smart alarm, would be a great feature

Otterbine
First Steps
I want it all! Actually suggesting what to do with the sleep data and acting on it sums it up to me!
MarkRMonaco
Recovery Runner

Yes! 

Having first owned a Charge, and then upgrading to a Charge HR, I was expecting to see utilization of the HR monitor to improve the sleep stats being reported by the app.

As @Nicki1022 mentioned the OP, it would be nice for it to really dial into how much you were actually asleep (and how deeply).  Not just the typical bar graph that is already given, but one that includes the HR measurements as well.

Would really love to see more features that take advantage of the sensor, and would be an improved selling point when comparing models (i.e.: this model provides refined sleep tracking, etc).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I've never understood the benefit of a device telling me how well or how crappy I slept. I'm well aware of it, I get up a lot during the night, I'm a light sleeper, I have difficulty falling asleep...all of the above for many many years. There's nothing their little graphs can do to change that. My favorite feedback though was: you slept 13 hours and got up 99 times during the night. Uh nooooooo, not even close.

kate1204
First Steps

I wish it could give the alarm with the appropriate wake up time depending on where you are at in your sleep cycle as well.  Wish for this every day....

MarkRMonaco
Recovery Runner

@kate1204, would love to see this too!

I can definitely it using the vibrate function on the fitbit to wake you up at the appropriate time. 

(EDIT: forgot that @Nicki1022 already mentioned this)

First Steps
I agree with the OP. Just to add, why has the heart rate section of the app for a nice full screen graph whereas the sleep section of the app gives you a ridiculous small window with an award scroll function. Surely if it's full screen for the heart rate section it can be for the sleep section?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I vote for this. Deep v Rem v awake/restless
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Rem and deep and awake/restless please.
Tonycraig
Jogger
I do not find your sleep section acuracte. It tells me I met my goal of, say 6 hours, when I'm awake for 54 minutes throughout the night. Plus restless anywhere from 12 to 14 times throughout the night. As far as I'm concern this does not meet the goal of completing a 6 hour goal. Are any of your other devices more accurate? Also, I think there should be a section on your app page for a log.
hollyblairh
Jogger

I used to have a dedicated sleep tracker watch that monitored your body and woke you up within a set window. It was helpful, but the watch was giant. The data is out there on how to make this work.

Since i'm already wearing a fitbit, let's make this happen! yes yes yes!

ThyOneGuy
First Steps
I love my fitbit. This feature would make me love it even more though.
ThyOneGuy
First Steps
New year, let's get some new features!!!
muchila
First Steps
Great idea!! Make it happen!!
misterCope
First Steps
I completely agree with this. I was using the sleep cycle app before getting the Fitbit charge hr, and I was confused that a smart alarm wasn't incorporated on a device that could easily support such a thing.
Jenn3Ruth
First Steps
I also agree. The data could be more detailed. I'd like to be able to zoom in to the minute even...
Tonycraig
Jogger
I find that sleep monitoring is not accurate at all. Last night every time I was awake, I tapped the Fitbit to light up no less then 8 times throughout the night. When I finally got up in the morning it indicated I was awake only twice but restless 20 times. I can certainly agree with the restless part but the awake...no, not when my eyes were actually opened. What's up guys, fix this problem.
Jenn3Ruth
First Steps
I'm actually finding myself questioning the accuracy of both the sleep and HR monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone
Tonycraig
Jogger
It's funny how such a potentially great product has so many glitches in it. I tried to delete an item I added to the food section yesterday at least 10 times. It kept reappearing. I got so tired of deleting it I just left it. I'm not a tech type person but you'd think the people that came up with this would have back up plans to fix the problems, after all they're all listed in the forum.

Sent from my iPad
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I vote for this
ktyan
First Steps

Totally agree with the feature requestor. I thought that it existed by default cause it's the only value that I see in the sleep monitoring capability.

Unfortunately, I haven't found that function and unless I bought my Surge over the internet I would have returned the product back to the seller.

Hoping required analytics and algorythm wouldn't be difficult to develop in the next SW version/update I'm looking forward to.

_fuse
First Steps

Would be great if my HR could wake me up at the right time (the easier one) in a given interval instead of a fixed time detecting sleep cycles.

Some applications like Sleep Cycle already does it only with sound so I guess this will be easy for you.

Marg42
First Steps
Yes better sleep tracking, especially REM sleep is important
MiniH
First Steps

With delayed sleep phased disorder, I too would welcome a heart rate trace next to my sleep quality - also the ability to log the time I took my medication would be a great incorpation too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.