More indepth sleep info for Narcoleptics and people with other sleep disorders

Hello,

I have Type 2 Narcolepsy and I feel that FitBit could really provide more interesting insights for those with sleep disorders such as quality of sleep compared to other nights, sleep efficiency, and perhaps a lower nap threshold.

As somebody with narcolepsy I'd like to be able to compare how much I sleep to how tired I am during the day.

This would be similar to the mood clock face but with tiredness instead of mood.

I remember that there used to be a way to see sleep efficiency in percentage a few years back (~2015 maybe?) - that would be really useful to have readded.

It would also be beneficial to have some way of being able to detect short daytime naps (of the unintentional and intentional kind) as my accidental naps do not seem to show up as logged on my FitBit but they're definitely there.

Maybe there could also be a place to add if we took medication to deal with the disorder and compare days on and days off or if we take different dosages on some days (as in, I take 150mg of Nuvigil on weekdays and don't take it on weekends because it's really expensive and I only really need it at work, it'd be nice to compare my nightly sleep as well as my desire to nap on days, however, most weekdays I only take half a pill as the full pill really dehydrates me so that would also be useful to compare).

I can imagine this all may also be of use to other sleep disorders besides Narcolepsy but I can only speak for myself and my experiences.

Should mention, as I'm tagging this with 'Sleep' that I currently own a FitBit Versa.

Moderator Edition: Labels 

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Definitely.

I think the things you have suggested would be helpful for a range of sleep disorders. 

Would be really useful to be able to monitor sleep phase disorders, especially those which shift (such as non-24) so that cycles can be more readily understood and viewed in tandem with other variables. This would also facilitate more accurate prediction of suitable dates to arrange appointments or other obligations.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 😉

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Now, I do not have a disorder (I think), but those that do have a problem, the sleep track, doesn't track sleep! I think you could add a option, saying if you have a disorder like apnea or use CPAP, so, that people that are serious about getting enough sleep, that the Fitbit actually tracks it correctly. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

hannahlee92
Jogger
Allow people like me with diagnosed sleep disorders to program them in beforehand for even better sleep analysis.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @hannahlee92thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the possibility of adding diagnosed sleep disorders and have better sleep analysis, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.