Music download support for Chromebooks

Considering so many people and businesses have been adopting or migrating to chromebooks (where I work we use exclusively chromebooks now), I would like to be able to download my music onto my Ionic from one. Perhaps it could just be an Android app since the newer chromebooks can run Android apps anyway.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

20 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

rwabel
Stepping Up

This is a must. I really hope FItbit is going to listen to their users and add such trivial features otherwise they are going to loose in the market. This would be a shame

justkim333
Stepping Up

I agree!  Chromebooks are becoming more and more popular - users should be able to download personal music via chromebook or at least android app.  It should be downloadable from phone - then no computer required.  

bodymgmt4u
Jogger

Now I'm regretting buying a Fitbit a couple of weeks ago for our Booz Allen challenge.  Unfortunately, being able to listen to music was one of the main reasons I switched from my Garmin to the Fitbit VERSA. Requiring either Windows OS or a MAC is archaic. I'm an IT person and use a PC for work, but for home, I only use a Chromebook, Tablet, or Android. I have windows OS laptops/desktops at home but after bricking one going from Windows 7 to 10, I haven't even bothered turning them on.  And no, I cannot put that type of stuff on my work PC.  

MuzzAndy
First Steps

Can you hurry up the chromebook app so I can download music to my ionic.  Being able to listen to music while I run was one of the main reasons I bought the ionic.  I don't really want to buy a PC or a Mac on top of the Ionic to be able to do that.  Very frustrating I can't use one of the key features.

MackTheKnife2
Jogger

Please advise when this will be available for Chrome browser or just Android.  When I bought the watch it listed downloading music as a feature so I bought it and some new Bluetooth earphones.  Only now is it apparent that I can't use the feature. Very misleading! 

What on earth makes you think people use Windows these days?  I haven't got a single machine that runs Windows anymore.

MTDutcher69
Stepping Up

I gave this suggestion a thumbs up (voted for it) to promote it in the user forums. This is a much needed development. I only use a Chromebook, so currently have no options for putting music on my Ionic. 

anniegenevieve
First Steps

Yes, please. I believe that this idea will benefit users significantly, considering the shift toward Chromebooks.

knittims
First Steps

Yes, please.  Other options would be to get an amazon app as well.  

Mellissa27
Jogger

Agreed!  I just bought a chromebook and then realized I have no way of adding music to my Ionic.  Not cool.

wieberanch
First Steps

i agree.  now i might return my new scale and fitbit. 😞

stevie-ann
First Steps

this is a great idea. for someone who loves listening to music and only has a chromebook. I would love to be able to use the music feature on my fitbit.

purplebutrlfl
Jogger

I have a Chromebook and would like to be able to use it to transfer music to my fitbit Iconic. 

Thank you,

Janice

danmareno
Jogger

I feel I have been misled. I bought the ionic because of the music and don't own a mac/windows pc I have chromebooks android phones and tablet.

make it clearer in your marketing if you are not going to change it.

danmareno
Jogger

Its kind of obvious that Chromebooks are growing in usage and this is a basic need in a smartwatch. I am regretting buying my ionic due to this and the fact there is no main banks supporting pay in the UK. very disappointed please sort this our quickly.

casschan
First Steps

Yes, please make Fitbit more compatible with chromebook! I may have to return mine because there is no way to download music 😞 

RGustad
First Steps

I really wish that they would develop an app for Chromebook with FitBit...especially to transfer music from my chromebook google play music to my Versa!

TGaitan617
First Steps

Definitely a must need! With the growth of Chromebooks in the market, it's amazing it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully with Google purchasing Fitbit it can finally get done. 

LauraMI
Jogger

How is it that this has been a fairly active post for a year and a half and there is still no solution for Fitbit users? Chromebook have become more and more prevalent. Fitbit really needs to address this so that Chromebook users have options for music on their device!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.