Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

653 Comments
Rae72
Stepping Up
Just upgraded from Ionic to Sense due to the issue. Major disappointment not to be able to load up the Sense with my music like the Ionic could. Pandora is only available in USA, Deezer is blocked, both require a month subscription.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rae72, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to store your personal music on the Fitbit Sense with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

salopezpr
First Steps
Just upgraded from Versa 2 to Sense. Major disappointment not to be able to add my music like in my Versa. This might be a deal breaker and might be returning my Sense and just keep using my Versa which meet my needs and works great.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @salopezpr, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to store your music on the Sense. Your feedback is truly appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Lashes77
Recovery Runner
I used to be able to save music on the much cheaper models - why is this not available on Sense which is much more expensive?
Lashes77
Recovery Runner

It was actually initially suggested before … and voted on over 1000 times but then locked so I couldn’t vote on it.

I have yet to see any suggestions released so I do wonder if you actually take any notice of these things!!
Thanks
Lisa

--------

No it doesn’t work anymore. Also I bought the sense for its GPS so theoretically I don’t need to to take my phone when I run. But now I do to listen to music.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lashes77, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about saving music on your Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

MarioBit
Stepping Up
There are 4Gb of space on Versa 3. I was using the Ionic before that had the music App and the possibility to store music in the Music app, so when I was running the only thing I needed was my smartwatch and my Bluetooth headphones. Now this "newer" smartwatch does not offer the possibility to store music? Are we going backward?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MarioBit, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to store music on your Versa 3. Your feedback is appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

rob.little
First Steps
I know this already exists but the thread has been closed. It has nearly 1700 upvotes and I, and I'm sure others, would REALLY love an explanation as to why we are not able to have this feature.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rob.little, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to store music on your Versa 3 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. If you haven't done so, please click on the thumbs-up to show your support. We truly appreciate your feedback and to learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Miket91658
Jogger
Please add the feature to the FITBIT SENSE AND VERSA 3 to allow playlist downloads from iTunes. I had this feature on my IONIC but the IONIC had a safety recall and I was unaware this feature was no longer available.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Miket91658, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Sense/Versa 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Theizs
First Steps
I know, I know, this idea is mentioned before. I just want to do my part to inform you how important this functionality is to me and probably to a whole lot of users. Once I found out that the Sense had no local music player I was shocked. This is a deal breaker and I beg you to create this for us.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Theizs, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Sense. I've moved it into a similar request. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Nikul
Jogger
Lots of people in my contacts have switched from FITBIT to Apple & Garmin just because they removed mp3 feature from the smartwatches. No one wants to pay extra for Deezer & Spotify after spending $250 on fitbit when Apple gives more features in the same category
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nikul, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Fitbit smartwatches. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ElanHR
First Steps
Previously I was able to download podcasts to my watch and play them directly from my watch. I am extremely disappointed this feature was not continued in the Sense watch. I assumed this feature still existed since it advertised ability to play music from the watch. Due to the lack of this feature I will be returning it in favor of a watch with it.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ElanHR, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of storing music and podcasts on the Fitbit Sense. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

RyanMeyer
First Steps
This is NOT a Suggestion it is a request from one of your customers. How many of your other customers have made this same request? Does Fitbit not care about their customers? You just keep saying this feature is not planned at this time. Please add this feature to the plans and provide an estimated date of when it will be available.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RyanMeyer, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to store your music on the Fitbit Sense. Your feedback is appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, that will help our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ActorJoeFarley
First Steps
NOW I can Only use APPs that require paid subscriptions, to listen to Music, with Sense. Yes it is nice that I can control my phones music; but without it the Fitbit is just a watch. What happens when you do not have wifi? Without this feature I would NOT recommend anyone to buy a Fitbit. What is this the 80's?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ActorJoeFarley, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to store your personal music on the Sense. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. We appreciate your feedback and please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

rzehr
First Steps
The offline music storage without needing to pay for a third party service is an amazing feature
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rzehr, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.