Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

653 Comments
mixth
First Steps

This is a deal breaker for me. If this got confirmed, I will definitely buy the Sense.

Wtfbs
Jogger

I recieved my Versa 3 last week and was very disappointed the personal music dowload option is no longer available. Unless I see it will be added in a future update in the next couple of weeks I will be returning the Watch.

mmavi
First Steps
I had Fitbit Versa 2 before I purchased Fitbit Sense. The Versa 2 came with Music App on which I was able to download all my songs using Fitbit desktop app. The Music App is missing in Fitbit Sense. I find it really convenient to store my songs and play them in the music app and listen to them whenever I feel like.
whyyyyyy
First Steps

I made an account solely for the purpose of commenting on this thread.  I was going to get the Versa 3 until I read this.  Well, glad your competition has plenty of options for a device with built in GPS and music storage.  I'd originally decided on the Versa 3 over the Garmin Venu SQ Music because the Versa 3 looks soooo much nicer, but I'm not paying for a subscription to yet another streaming service.  I definitely won't switch streaming services for a slightly nicer looking watch, loading my own music would've been a perfect middle ground.

Charbok
Jogger

Who's idea was it to take away the personal music. I have paid for digital, and physical music, and have a huge personal library of music. Now I should pay a monthly subscription so I can either put music I already own on my Versa 3, or not be able to put music I like on my Versa 3 because it's not in Deezer's or Pandora's library? Pure genius! I like my Versa 3, but thinking very hard about returning it before I can't. Maybe I should just go with Galaxy Active 2, an Apple Watch, or look into other fitness watches.

2djcub7
First Steps

Like most people here, will be returning my new watch if this is not addressed soon.

JeanFrancois
Jogger

The removal of music storage goes against the idea to have an onboard gps and letting the phone home for a fitness evasion moments.

The removal of a basic feature is an insult for me as a customers.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just returned my Sense. Looks like its being discussed on Social Media. Saw a guy called SammyGeek talked about it on his videos.. Too much advertising and no ability to add my own tunes. Sorry Fitbit...call me when you're ready to compete again. Back to Garmin. I'm out of here, folks.

rocchellid
Jogger

I join the list of Sense owners who are disappointed by the lack of an existing functionality that has the only policy to force the user to make an additional subscription. If the block of this feature is not removed shortly, the Sense will return to Amazon.

Regerds

Catherinefitty
First Steps

How is the feature to download a playlist not on the newest versa?? I’m shocked and so disappointed. Bought this to run with no phone because of the new gps feature included and to find this is no longer a feature to add a running playlist I am gutted. It’s like giving with one hand and taking from the other!! Please add it as a software update as really regretting my choice and might do the 45 day money back 

tippicat
First Steps

Please add this capability! This is a missed opportunity to give people tools to help them stay active. It would be a much more freeing experience if a phone isn't needed for music. I'm also not interested in any music streaming service so there's no way I can justify spending $10 a month to only put music on my device. 

Rowsdower
First Steps

I'm looking to replace my long-used Fitbit Blaze. Being able to have my own music playlists for workouts on the watch is a critical feature that I'm looking for, so it's disappointing to see that Fitbit hasn't prioritized this feature. I'm a premium Spotify user, so being able to run Spotify from the watch (without needing my phone on me) would be ideal, but if this isn't available, I expect to at least be able to upload mp3 files onto the watch. Looks like I'll continue shopping around for a new fitness watch...

Catherinefitty
First Steps
If you are a Spotify premium user then you are ok. That’s what they want, people to pay the additional £9.99 a month to Spotify for this feature and is what people are objecting to. We want the feature to add your own playlist free for running without your phone to be returned to newer fitbits and not be removed as an option as the price increases!? It doesn’t make sense- other than to spotify!!

Sent from my iPhone
Rowsdower
First Steps

The description I read mentioned this feature being available for pandora and deezer, with Spotify "support", which as I understand it means I would still need to have my phone on me and I would just be controlling Spotify with the watch. Is this incorrect?

I totally agree that people should be able to upload their own music to the watch, absolutely.

Catherinefitty
First Steps
I’m really not sure I am sorry. I bought a versa 3 because it includes gps and I assumed could add my own playlist like in previous versions-phone free runs!! I am gutted that the small print I read (when setting it up) says not a feature now included in the versa 3 and when I clicked Spotify I found I needed to pay £9.99 a month- so didn’t go any further!!

Sent from my iPhone
MarcGerritsen
Recovery Runner

@Catherinefitty I have Spotify premium but can't put offline music on the Sense. Spotify support only makes it possible to control the Spotify app on your phone. This is not a working solution and I'm not getting another streaming service just to listen offline on my Sense. We need the Music storage back as it was on the Ionic etc.

nicozingerle
Jogger

I'm super surprised and disappointed. This is my first smartwatch and I took it for granted I could store music on it (especially because the Versa 3 is advertised with its 4GB storage!).

Please include this feature as soon as possible, either just to store mp3 files on the watch or to download spotify playlists.

If there's not even a respond of Fitbit to this insane flaw, I'll probably send it back and get an apple watch.

blindrunner
First Steps

It's been over a month since a moderator has acknowledged our collective frustration over this, and there's clearly hundreds of us on this forum that are annoyed that this isn't a feature on the Sense and Versa 3 (and probably thousands of more consumers annoyed but just aren't on this forum). At this point, my hopes for getting the features added in an update are extremely low, and I'm returning my Sense tomorrow. For anyone else that is choosing to stick this out, I'd recommend calling Fitbit's customer support ASAP to really get in their face about fixing this. Otherwise, Fitbit will just continue to ignore us/this forum thread...

nhw3w123
Recovery Runner

I thought the whole point of adding GPS to the new devices including the Sense and Versa 3 was to permit playing personal music with GPS run tracking without the phone!

It seems like some kind of cruel joke to remove the personal music feature.

Please add this back!

khnh603
First Steps

I was going to update my Iconic to the Versa 3. Without the ability to store MY music on MY watch it would be a downgrade. Hopefully they enable this and I'll be able to buy a new device that is an upgrade.

DJKaos
First Steps
This feature exists on my Versa 2. I bought this watch specifically for the built-in GPS so I could leave my phone at home. I don't use Deezer or Pandora, and you can't download Spotify tracks (the Fitbit app never worked on the Sense OR Versa 2 with my Note 9 anyway). This is essential for me! Why would you remove this?
johnowens
First Steps

Hi, I picked up my Versa 3 because I wanted to listen to music and track with GPS while I run, without bringing my phone with me. What is the point of having a phone-independent GPS on your wrist if you also can't have phone-independent music? This is a serious oversight by the design team. If there is some licensing reason why Fitbit can't include music storage like Spotify offline or personal music storage, tell us that! The worst thing Fitbit can do is give no reason and pretend they're considering it.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DJKaos. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to store your music on the Fitbit Sense. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MusicFan88
Jogger

Can we have an official word from Fitbit on this?

1. why was the feature removed in the first place? is it due to contracts with Deezer / Pandora?

2. Will it be brought back?

3. if Yes to above, how soon?

My Sense has already gone back to Amazon for a full refund. However I would not hesitate to buy it right back with Personal Music back in. 

Otherwise, I'll have to buy another product with GPS and music support (need the GPS) and won't be returning to Fitbit. That would be a shame as I'm used to the ecosystem already. 

LoSt751
First Steps

Please bring personal music download back to Versa 3. I would not have purchased this product if I had known it was missing! Since it was available on previous models I thought it was also available on Versa 3. Online product information indicated it was possible, very disappointed to find out it is not!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.