Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

Please add Natwest Bank to Fitbit Pay

159 Comments
Tammarto94
Jogger

I was contemplating upgrading my fitbit charge 2 to either the charge 3 or even the ionic but I was wanting a watch that offered contact less pay. To buy a watch that has this capacity yet not offer the big UK banks barring one (santander) and random ones we've never heard of seems ridiculous. Need to add natwest, loyds, etc but as this can be tedious to contact and add every bank seperately the option to use PayPal could allow us to use this feature while direct contact to banks is being made. I'll hold off buying untill the issue is commented on by fitbit since this has been ongoing for a year 🤷‍:female_sign: 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Natwest or any major bank in the UK.

I just got my versa after losing my alta hr and got it because of Fitbit pay.

It makes no sense alienating the whole UK market. Please please please add it soon, or you'll end up losing a lot of loyal Fitbit users.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I assume that your bank is not one of the 5 listed UK banks above.

Stu_B
Runner
PayPal is an amazing idea, but probably steps on the toes of wanting to be
the provider?

@Fitbit can you comment on whether Paypal is a possibility?
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

All that would be needed is for PayPal to contact Fitbit and get there Mastercard setup.  Then if the user has a PayPal issued credit card,  they would be good to go. 

It would be best to contact both parties I'd having your bank added is your desire. 

cbingham
First Steps

You need to add Natwest. It is a major UK bank. Disappointed it is not already supported

Coxy119
First Steps

This has been under consideration for almost 10 months! Is there any hope on the horizon for your Natwest user base?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

What was Natwest's response when you contacted them? 

Reead
Jogger
Haha.. who did?
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

That is the point @Reead. either Fitbit can reach out to Natwest or Natwest can reach out to Fitbit. Why insist on only asking one of the to parties?

Reead
Jogger
As i mentioned before.. none of the cares enough for their customer.  Natwest does not at all.  If i am correct, they do not even allow samsung pay. They have google pay but not samsung's own software.I am pretty sure samsung is bigger than Fitbit and they would hv contacted natwest. But what do we know!!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Natwest has both Garmin and apple pay. I can't say about Google play but they also suggest contacting the bank. Screenshot_20190615-185520_Chrome.jpg

There have been several banks added this year but I'm unaware of which side made the first step. 

melbx
First Steps

Please add Natwest to fitbit Pay - I knew I should have checked compatible banks before I purchased but I thought that at least 1 of the 3 cards I use (Lloyds, Natwest and Virgin Mastercard) would be compatible! Thankfully I actually paid less than the Standard Charge 3 for my Charge 3 SE because I managed to get it in the sale, but given the fact I can't use Fitbit Pay, I may as well have got the standard Charge 3! Essentially, the only "special" thing that I got which I can actually use is an extra sport strap which I could have bought online for £5!

JR1988
First Steps

All major banks supported, what a joke. Maybe if your in US but only one UK bank is a total joke. That with the daily issue I have with syncing I am thinking about returning it. 

ficba
Stepping Up

All

we may as well close this thread down as it is quite apparent that Fitbit don’t give a **ahem** about their UK customers and their views and needs. I started this thread thinking and hoping that Fitbit read and took on board the suggestions of their customers. It’s clear that they don’t monitor this site. So we may as we’ll forget any possibility of getting this simple option on our smart watches. No chance. 

Ficba

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Do you expect Fitbit to know and be able to contact every bank? Have you contacted the number on your credit card and asked them about fit butt pay?

Instead of asking Fitbit to add a bank without mentioning the bank wanted to add. Has anyone passed therir banks contact info on to Fitbit? 

ficba
Stepping Up

Have you read through this thread? And yes, I do expect Fitbit to enable the function for the main banks in the UK.

JR1988
First Steps

As above, yes I do. Fit bit says every major bank, when in fact there is only o e UK bank on there. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes I've read the above, Fitbit can not simply enable, but like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Garmin Pay, each bank needs to be individually setup between each bank. There is a step that the bank needs to do and a step that Fitbit needs to do. 

So yes in the same way that both Apple and Garmin encourage there users to contact their bank. I'm letting you know that either side will be able to start the ball rolling by contacting the other side. Fitbit cannot add a bank unless the bank wants to be added. And the bank can not add Fitbit without Fitbit setting up something. 

ficba
Stepping Up

Hi Rich

so the point is moot. Whether Fitbit has approached the bank or the bank needs to do something or us poor users have to do something, the stars will align and miraculously we will have Fitbit pay enabled as a function (as rigorously advertised) and we’ll live happily ever after. 

But in reality, it’s up to Fitbit to resolve. And they have not even made a comment to this thread around what the real issue is.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Have you ever seen a post on this board from a developer? 

The point is, neither party can add Fitbit pay without the cooperation of the other party. 

Even Apple, Gatmin, and Samsung pay have a limited number of banks that they work with. All three ask their users to contact their bank. Their must be a reason the three main systems agree on how a user should approach having a bank added. 

Unfortunately we do not know what is required but we do know that all 4 systems work about the same way. 

User taps watch against reader, bank gets contacted, bank contacts Fitbit, Fitbit says go/no go. Transaction then gets approved or declined by bank.. Both Fitbit and the bank need to approve the transaction before it will go through. 

ficba
Stepping Up

Rich - so I’m in wild agreement. Except it doesn’t need a developer to comment as the tools and software clearly work already. There just needs a bit of effort from Fitbit to enable their tools to work in the UK. Else it’s a redundant feature that shouldn’t be advertised in the UK.

perhaps it’s a data sovereignty issues that hasn’t been resolved due to GDPR but at least let us know and what the roadmap is.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit pay does work in the UK and on the TfL. We have 6 banks in the UK that have been set up. I'm not sure if they reached out to Fitbit or Fitbit reached out to them. 

Nevd
First Steps

This a massive omission and agree this is false advertising! I'm leaving 1 star ratings on every site I can find. Bit happy to change back once NatWest is added. Seeing that this post has been open for a year and NatWest is one of the top 4 UK bank I'd suggest every other user does this. My guess it that by the 10th or so 1 star review we might see some action. At the very least it will be interesting to see what number it does take ??

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Nevd when you contacted Natwest, what was their resppnse? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.