Need a clock face with seconds Inspire HR

I just bought an Inspire HR to replace my aging Alta - but there's no clock face with a seconds display! I'm a pretty intense home cook & I used the seconds display on my Alta a LOT - would LOVE to have this option on my Inspire. This probably isn't a tough thing to program - pls consider this asap! Thx!

Moderator Edition: Updatet title for clarity

103 Comments
Ozdirect
First Steps

Yes please I also vote on seconds within the clock face. 

Any further news in the development of this feature? 

danidarko
First Steps

YES! Healthcare as well.

Please add a seconds feature, and make sure the screen doesn't time out.

THANK YOU.

simulator
First Steps

Thank-you for all your comments, please look for others in your locations using the watch and reach out to them.  Ask them to login and vote, comment, and start looking for others who also use this watch.

Best regards

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Just putting in my vote for the seconds option.

Sasalmit
First Steps

This could not be a hard thing to implement. Healthcare workers need second hands.

Shanowell
First Steps

I am a vet tech and use the seconds on my watch as well. I just replaced my Alta with the inspire. I never dreamed it wouldn’t have seconds since it is supposed to be the “upgrade” to the Alta. If I had known I am not sure I would have purchased it. I probably would have gone to another company because I like this size. Lots of other brands offer seconds. Otherwise I love my inspire.

Shabang14
First Steps

Yes please. I love how the fitbit Inspire looks and want to buy it but NEEDS the seconds feature. It is necessary for people in the medical field.

jvaysberv
First Steps

Fitbit moderator...  the suggestion to add seconds to “stats heavy” clock face was first made in spring of 2019.   Now almost 9 months later it’s still not resolved.  It seems like the most basic request of all (my kids $3 digital watch shows seconds).   How can we get this pushed through?   

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So i bought the inspire hr a few months ago, my first fitness watch, and now i need second count for my gym exercises and as we all know, we dont have a watch with seconds for it..

also the stop watch starts at 1 minute so that means if i want to count less than that, i have to start it and wait until what i want 

also, cant put exercise mode on and stopwatch at the same time, totally nonsense for a fitness watch if i may say... 

meaning either im using one feature or the other, its ridiculous

you should fix this as so much people are upset about it and as a fitness brand you supose you are... giving the basics to the consumers  is the least.. 

if i could, i would return the item right now and go for a proper fitness watch with basic functions.

LB1990
First Steps

Please add seconds to the inspire hr clock face. In the medical field, we use this constantly and I love my tracker and this is literally my only complaint!

Rah011
First Steps

Hi 

I recently bought the Inspire HR and am disappointed that there are no options for “seconds” to be displayed on the clock face.  

I am a petite person and so upgrading to a larger watch doesn’t really work for me as they are just too big. I also work in health care where I require seconds to count HR, Resp Rates, etc a lot during my day without wanting to physically touch my watch while I have gloves on. 

the previous suggestions of:

TI:ME

seconds

date 

would work very well as a main screen and I am actually surprised this is not standard at this point. 

Also being able to choose how long your screen stays active or lit up after turning your wrist is probably a good option to give users as this means they are able to customise it to their liking. 

thanks! 

gianlucar
Stepping Up

I also need seconds on Inspire HR!

Fitbit technician were are you?

Release a tool to design your own screen please, many will love it!

Gianluca

MaryMac123
Base Runner

I too am an RN and agree the seconds feature would be ideal. I’d love to see the time with hour, minutes, seconds, date and steps. That’s my ideal clock face. I agree with others that the screen timeout feature needs to be customizable.

simulator
First Steps

MaryMac123 Base Runner Thank you for your comments what range would the timeout feature need to be customizable, would 100 seconds be long enough?  Are seconds the right unit?  Can you get other Helth care workers to comment?  Remember this is a tradeoff the longer the timeout the more frequently the charging process.  Please talk it up with people you know!

Simulator (AKA Bill)

MaryMac123
Base Runner
100 seconds would be great! I like round numbers! Frankly, I’m an
operating room nurse so all the monitoring of my patients is with
electronics. Strangely enough, I was just on a tour when an elderly man
became faint and clammy and sweaty. My first instinct was to take his pulse
and I’d planned to just monitor regularity of the beats but because he was
wearing an analog watch, I could get a pulse count!

As for my coworkers.....they’ve given up on Fitbits. We used to have
challenges and all but one has stopped using their Fitbits. Now with Google
being the parent company, more people will give up on Fitbit. There are
better designed trackers that do more for less expense. The saving grace
was the former forums. When Fitbit killed them...without warning.....that
removed the last real reason to stay with Fitbit.

I was thinking about the InspireHR but I dislike all the clock faces. I
want something like my Charge2 with just the time, date and my steps.
Seconds on the primary clock face screen would be good.
simulator
First Steps

Thanks for the quick feedback!

nathany66
Jogger

PLEASE provide a clockface including seconds !

Pratyussh
First Steps

is it possible to get a 3d watch faces for the inspire HR because though some of the existing clock faces are not bad, they get boring after some time.

AhmedHemida
Jogger

I would really like a clock face with seconds on the I slide HR or at least give the ability to use Fitbit Stduio on Inspire HR, because currently I think Fitbit studio only works on the Versas and the Ionic

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AhmedHemida! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Need a clock face with seconds Inspire HR

Open SDK to change inspire series clock face

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Connexus
Recovery Runner

Having a clock face with seconds is very important to me. I would be pleasantly surprised if the developers listened to users - they have a poor track record. Please, surprise me!

DKNYC
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit Is there any progress to report on for this? I got a new Fitbit Inspire HR (moved from the Alta) and I don't have seconds as an option, though animal faces is now a more important option...This has been nearly a year and no word or update from Fitbit

MaggieEnloe
First Steps

The Fitbit Inspire HR has everything I want in a fitness tracker watch with the exception of a clock face with seconds. I am a nursing student and require a watch with seconds, I have not purchased the Fitbit inspire and won’t do so until this option is available.

I see that this has been a conversation topic for almost a year now, I’m wondering if this will ever be solved? I am disappointed because the Fitbit Inspire HR is everything I want except for the absolutely necessary seconds feature. This is a deal-breaker for me. 

Katykat1125
First Steps

Would never have imagined that this would not have a seconds option or else I would have went to another brand.  Being in health care I definitely need that option!  Please consider.

PrateekG
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit Any update on this issue. The last status change was in May 2019. Please update soon. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.