New Fitbit watch with rounded face

Hi everyone. 

I started to develop an interest in investing for a tracker two weeks ago and I decided to settle with the Fitbit Charge 2. I have always looked at trackers in a negative light due to their boxy sporty boring designs. I have no idea what changed my mind to get one but I'm guessing one of the major reasons why I decided to go for Fitbit over other brands is the Fitbit app (through watching reviews on youtube). Loving the interface very much. Very neat and pretty. Hope Fitbit will continue to keep it that way!

I was reluctant to get the watch at first. Because of its...well, boxy sporty design. I have been a fan of round face watches my whole life, and dislike square-ish rectangular-ish watch . But after seeing that the bands are interchangeable, to leather, metal, and other coloured bands, to make it "prettier", I fell in love with it.

I recommended Fitbit to my friends but they are not interested (like how I was initially) due to its hardware design. So I hope very very much that Fitbit will soon come up with a nice waterproof round face watch with interchangeable bands (pretty please!).

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

109 Comments
RoxieLov
First Steps

I am extremely small for a grown woman (5'0") with a very small wrist. The Versa (and the Blaze especially) are extremely bulky and square looking on my wrist, and I'd love a smaller, rounder, more ladylike option for me. I work in an office setting, and I want something feminine and businesslike, while not giving up all the features I've been accustomed to. Also, please add a Spotify app!

lomurph
First Steps

Yes let's have a round face, with an always on display and make it pretty. After all you're encouraging us to wear these as watches so make it like a watch! 

@Nurtwiddly wrote:

Hi everyone. 

I started to develop an interest in investing for a tracker two weeks ago and I decided to settle with the Fitbit Charge 2. I have always looked at trackers in a negative light due to their boxy sporty boring designs. I have no idea what changed my mind to get one but I'm guessing one of the major reasons why I decided to go for Fitbit over other brands is the Fitbit app (through watching reviews on youtube). Loving the interface very much. Very neat and pretty. Hope Fitbit will continue to keep it that way!

I was reluctant to get the watch at first. Because of its...well, boxy sporty design. I have been a fan of round face watches my whole life, and dislike square-ish rectangular-ish watch . But after seeing that the bands are interchangeable, to leather, metal, and other coloured bands, to make it "prettier", I fell in love with it.

I recommended Fitbit to my friends but they are not interested (like how I was initially) due to its hardware design. So I hope very very much that Fitbit will soon come up with a nice waterproof round face watch with interchangeable bands (pretty please!).

@Nurtwiddly wrote:

Hi everyone. 

NickTan
First Steps

Here's a tip,

Take a page out of fossil's Q series watch.... Love their design but I'm still not ready for wear os.... That design with fitbit os? Where do I sign up??

Nrobins12
Jogger

I would love more than anything for fitbit to make a round version of their trackers, that has all of the features of the Ionic or the Versa. I have had a fitbit since 2015 and have gone from the Charge HR to the Blaze to the Ionic and have loved the functionality of all three, but I won't lie...one of my friends recently got a Garmin vivoactive and I am obsessed with the design. The idea of having a fitness watch that looks like a real watch instead of a bulky square on my wrist is extremely tempting. If fitbit doesn't release a round tracker, I will likely switch to Garmin once my Ionic eventually gets too old and stops working. Fitbit is an amazing company and platform and seems to be more widely used, but they are not doing a good job keeping up with the more sleek and trendy (and round!!!) designs being released by companies like Garmin and Samsung. Garmin has offered a round watch for years, and samsung recently jumped on the train as well...I wish fitbit would follow suite. 

Adyil
First Steps

As of Monday 19th March I will no longer be a Fitbit user, I feel that as a company you have not listened to users regarding issues relating to charging ports on your devices and producing a stylish design. I am saddened that I've had to make this decision as I love the app. I am unlikely to ever return to your brand due to the unwillingness to listen to users and a failure to utilise new technology.

pchozza
First Steps

It's sad that since 11-30-2017 that this feature request was posted no response from Fitbit. I have been a loyal customer,  with a list of family members as well. Was looking for an upgrade with a proper round look-a-like watch feel but will be forced to move into other brands. So sad that Fitbit has muted since 2017 and haven't given out any response on this. 

It's sad! 

Nrobins12
Jogger

After 4 years as an avid and loyal Fitbit user, I purchased the Apple Watch series 4 last weekend. I spent all week wearing my Apple Watch AND my Ionic and they were pretty much the exact same in terms of steps, calories burned, etc. I am keeping my Apple Watch because it can do exactly what Fitbit can fitness-wise, but Fitbit does not have any of the smart technology the Apple Watch offers. If I’m gonna have a square watch, I want it to do as much as possible. (For those Android users out there, my friend has a galaxy watch and we have compared it to the Apple Watch and it seemed to do a good job from the GPS standpoint). If Fitbit ever decides to release a round face tracker, I will consider giving them my business again, but until then...so long and thank you Fitbit for being the reason I got into fitness tracking in the first place.

Sweet-C
First Steps
It is sad! It's crazy to see how many people would like a round face Fitbit yet they do nothing about it...Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
ColleenD213
Jogger

Hi there,

I love Fitbit & I would love to see a model that is designed to look more like a wristwatch & less like a mini calculator so that I can wear my Fitbit to more formal events (i.e., my upcoming wedding, which takes place in November...you better believe I want my steps counted on my wedding date, I'll probably be walking around a Lot). 

I really like the Garmin Vivomove HR watch because it is round & looks like...a wristwatch. Also, there are agreeable color options. I like to wear gold-colored jewelry most, so I'd appreciate a gold or silver/gold design.

Thank you for reading my suggestion,

Colleen

suereinberg
First Steps

I am interested in purchasing my first fitness watch and love the idea of all the Versa has to offer except the physical look of it. I would like to see this watch round not big and square. I think a round watch would be a nicer look for a woman.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @suereinberg, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

gcullum
First Steps

Please, please,please,please, please release a round ruggedized watch with customizable faces that has all of the features of your high end trackers.  I would like to have some thing that works great at the gym, looks good at work, and is rugged enough for the outdoors without looking like an old square lcd/led watch from the 70s/80s.  Think Fenix 5X or Casio G-Shock in black.  I want to buy a new fitbit, but I can't get myself to buy those square things.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gcullum, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Rachelheather26
First Steps

I would really like a round watch face. I currently have a Flex 2 but still wear a watch with it. I’d like to blend these into one but I just don’t like the boxy look of the Verda. If they could make it look more like a classic watch I would buy one in a heartbeat! I love Fitbit and it’s app interface so would really love to stay with it. At the moment I’m looking at other round watches but would love for Fitbit to come through with this. 

Jullvall
First Steps

I am also looking for a round watch. I started with the Zip, now have the Alta HR, and would love to upgrade to a fitbit that is more like a smartwatch. However, I am looking for something with a round face. Please pay attention to loyal users and those of us who are requesting this. The fitbit app suits all my needs. I would like to stay with this platform, but like others will have to switch if no round face is in the future.

humblefoot79
Jogger
Hello all, 
Just wanted to update you guys with a new device I’ve been wearing. I began looking at a Garmin Instinct a few months, and it didn’t take long before I was convinced it was the one I wanted. I’d been wearing an Apple Watch 4, and a Suunto Core (a beast btw), but wanted something more on the smart watch side. The Garmin instinct has the look of a G-Shock and has an excellent battery life for a smart watch. It has a monochrome display so it doesn’t eat up battery life. I’ve gone on a single charge for over 2 weeks. The integrated app is excellent, and this watch measures stress/rest levels, which is something I haven’t found in any other smart watch so far. I’m ridiculously happy with it, and get asked about it all the time. If you haven’t heard of it, well - now you have. If Fitbit isn’t going to listen to what seems to be a large majority of the consumers are saying, I will happily endorse the Garmin Instinct. The GPS integration, built in workouts, notifications, and health tracking is amazing. Check it out. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
CIPSIT
Stepping Up

Love love love my fitbit charge 2 but want to upgrade it to a smart watch with a round face that looks like a watch. Would love fitbit to introduce devices in a round format. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CIPSIT, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about having the option to having a display with a round face, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Reviewed by moderator" status. 

Keep sharing your ideas with us. 

Farquhar1979
First Steps

Rather than producing just square faced watches, why not produce a high end round faced watch to compete with Samsung smartwatch and Garmin Vivoactive watches?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Farquhar1979, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a round faced watch on Fitbit, with us! I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

StanStan
Stepping Up

I love the Fitbit products. Have several watches and trackers but I would be first in line to purchase a round version of a versa with gps and and an ECG heart monitor. That would be the ultimate watch. 

StanStan
Stepping Up

This would certainly be a game changer.  I am always on the lookout for a watch with all the features that also include GPS, ECG monitor, BP and with a traditional round watch face.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please make a round face watch it will be more stylish than the square.

Sdiaz
First Steps

Round face watch please.  Something we can wear from work to gym. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sdiaz! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.