Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,617 Comments
JudyN2
First Steps

The new sleep graphics display and function is really, really bad!

thesmallerhalf
Recovery Runner

It is a mystery why Google insists on meddling with the app graphics when they work perfectly well. Yet another change that diminishes the readability or comprehension. Are their developers just bored or are they trying to sabotage Fitbit.

baldwad
Jogger

Agreed I don’t like the new app upgrade. No idea why they thought it needed to be changed. Must be the ‘Change is Good’ police at Google when they acquired Fitbit. 

I don’t know for sure but I think the latest version of the app turned off my morning alarm ?!?

I slept in, wondered why, and then woke to a secondary vibration from my Fitbit but my iPhone alarm was not going off. Puzzled I checked it and NO ALARM :double_exclamation_mark: 

the old sleep app had a circular sleep circle for setting desired amount of sleep and then sliding the wake up and bedtime earlier or later and it would self calculate. The new one is 3 fields for duration, wake time and bedtime with no obvious auto-calculation   

I’m surprised but not surprised that Google changes the app but failed to consult a poll of customers or a trial. Somebody probably got promoted over their Change is Good project but they failed User Design and User Experience basic research.

Seems like everyone here is **ahem**in’ about the new and improved. Don’t blame ya !! 

Kevin6886
First Steps

I agree with most everyone in this thread.  The new update to the sleep portion of the app is horrible.  I'll be ending my subscription unless they revert back to the old look soon.

Michelleb2
Recovery Runner

@DobieattheLake  I’ve only used it to track one walk which I did actually stop and talk to a neighbor. It recorded the entire session until I hit stop. 

DobieattheLake
Recovery Runner
Thanks. I have a very narrow wrist. Can you tell me the measurement if the
width?
Orchidlady56
First Steps

I couldn't  agree more. I really hate how confusing the new look is!

Orchidlady56
First Steps

I have been a Fitbit user for 10 years and this new sleep format is the absolute worst update ever. As an insomniac, this function is very important to me. I now find myself confused and irritated every time I attempt to check my light, REM, and deep sleep. It's not an "update" if the new format is inferior to the old format! I can see that many other users are upset with the change as well. May I suggest that you fire the idiot who designed this new look?!

Tomkw51
Stepping Up

I am truly thankful for the latest update to the application.  It is now so useless that last night I finally was able to break free and threw away my fitbit and will no longer have to endure the absolutely abysmal customer care and responsiveness. It really seems intentional on the part of Google.  They cannot be so incompetent as to be unable to implement this in a very short time. Every evolution of the application has been a downgrade and the sleep disturbance of the intense blazing white screen in the middle of the night is intolerable.  Now I am free from their abuse and will never subject myself to this form of cruelty again. May the people responsible for this be locked in a room with a thousand fitbit screens blazing 24 hours a day for two weeks. God forgive me.

No problems with tracking steps.
Joseph G. Ameen
Beechflower
Jogger

I hate the new sleep app

willpac95
Jogger

The new sleep interface is a downgrade and big disappointment.  Bring back the previous interface and build new features around it.

lennyt
Jogger

I’ve been loyal to Fitbit for years now.  The new sleep downgrade gave me the tenacity to jump ships.  I’ve switched over to Apple Watch.  Worse downgrade ever.

Jsuke
First Steps

I couldn’t agree more. I hate the new layout. I This new update makes things worse. The old layout was easy to read and simple to understand. The new layout is too busy, with no depth to layout, making it difficult to read. Please bring back the option of the old layout for users. If not, I might just be done with Fitbit and move onto to Samsung or apple.

sicklittlemonke
First Steps

The biggest loss to me is the ability to look at multiple days where each line was coloured for sleep stages. Now you can still look at the week, but only total time, or sleep score, etc but not colour coded stages for comparison at a glance. The old app wasn't perfect, but the new one is much less useful.

sicklittlemonke
First Steps

The biggest loss to me is the ability to look at multiple days where each line was coloured for sleep stages. Now you can still look at the week, but only total time, or sleep score, etc but not colour coded stages for comparison at a glance. The old app wasn't perfect, but the new one is much less useful.

MASTSM
Stepping Up

I totally agree with everyone that the new sleep tracking readout is totally useless. Also, the Benchmark information doesn’t seem to be displaying properly, as it doesn’t show any way to compare your info to the norms.  I am hoping they will change the sleep info back to the way it was, or I’ll also be looking into an Apple watch.  They also gave us no warning or information on these changes.

PSeipp
First Steps

As other users have mentioned, I have no use for the sleep tracking feature because the new graphing and data presentation are utterly cumbersome and inferior to the previous version. Sleep is my primary interest in FitBit, and now that feature is rendered useless.  Others are asking if FitBit will roll back this "upgrade."  I too will discard my device and close my account if the new version is the new norm. 

Roxymck
First Steps

Agree :hundred_points: horrible interface. Please bring back old sleep format. I'll def be changing to a different brand if it doesn't change. I only have the fit bit for the sleep aspect and now it's useless. It literally hurts my eyes to use it. 

Boones
First Steps

I completely agree. The recent change to the Sleep Timeline is terrible!  I used to be able to easily slide a finger left to right (and right to left) along it to see the time for each stage throughout my sleep. Now you have to also move up and down as you slide left to right (or right to left) to see the data, and it jumps around as a result (doesn’t stay in timeline order). It may be more appealing cosmetically but it’s totally useless so who cares how it looks?! It was the first thing I did every morning when I got up, now I dread it due to the frustration it causes. 

PLEASE revert to the prior version, it can’t be that hard to rollback the code release you put in (especially for a giant tech company like Google, right.). 🤣😂  And use a better QA process and customer care before you release your next “upgrade”. 

annieb57
Recovery Runner
Devastated. In the old app if I reached a sleep score of 80 I got coloured fireworks across the page. Today, for the first time in 2024 I hit 80 and I got nothing- not very encouraging!

Sent from my iPad
Rosalee53
Recovery Runner

Most likely an underhand attempt to kill off Fitbit so that Google app can prevail. Except its created so much distrust in Google its an own goal

Kata13
Recovery Runner

Old sleep profile and benchmark back, please!!!!  Old one was really good and the new one is awful when speaking abot sleep. Fitbit is spoiled

Four years using Fitbit and  I am premium member. I have had charge 3, 4 and 5.  If you do not fix this I am not buying 6.

Badger11
First Steps
The sleep part of the app is the main thing I like to use. The previous view was easy to read, colourful and laid out well. The new view looks awful, so basic. It’s not an upgrade, it’s a downgrade!! I can see 100’s of people feel the same. Why aren’t you doing anything about this? I think it’s time to switch to another brand.
Badger11
First Steps

I have cancelled my premium membership today. I only had it for the sleep. I don’t see the point in the extra cost now. Also looking at other brands to switch to that offer better sleep analysis. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.