New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
SueAlan
Base Runner
CindyM3,

As I posted a while back:

When my One started to fail, I wanted to get another—and found they were discontinued. One of my must-haves is stairs and that limited my choices to wrist trackers by Fitbit or any other company. I gave in and got a Charge 2 (even though it’s way too big for me and is inaccurate when worn on the wrist). I also hated the plastic look of the band and bought the following from Amazon:

Fitbit Charge 2 Bands Small & Large for Women Men Girls, hooroor Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock, No Buckle Needed for Fitbit Charge 2 (Silver, Small)

Sold by: hooroorDirect $9.99

I undo the loose end (with the magnet), wrap it around the bra strap and tuck the Charge 2 into the bra. Worn that way, it’s as accurate as the One. At night, I re-do the strap and wear it on my wrist to track sleep.

Perhaps Fitbit could come up with a clip-on for the Charge 2 to accommodate those who cannot or will not wear a wrist tracker.
abigdogmom
Recovery Runner
I heard some Walgreens have the Fitbit one on sale at closeout prices. You
might check to see if you can find a One at a good price.
tjwhite99
Base Runner

Fitbit discontinued the Fitbit One and the only non-wrist tracker, Fitib Zip, is a very poor pedometer.  I'll post this here so that the community can vote because it doesn't appear that anyone from Fitbit is looking at the 900+ thread on Fitbit One alternatives where your customers are saying there aren't any.   They are asking Fitbit to make a product improvement by having a real tracker that doesn't require you put it on your wrist.  They explain exactly why.  People want a non-wrist tracker that has steps, activities, and yes stair climbs. If you don't want to bring back the one then improve the Alta or make a better One.  Call it the Two.

tjwhite99
Base Runner

Here's the link to the long community thread discussing disappointment for discontinuing the Fitbit One and responding that there are no good alternatives - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-Availability-and-Alternatives/td-p/2271754/highlight/false 

nadasy
Strider

excellent post

karensky
Jogger

Yes, bring back the Fitbit One. It's the only one I want to use!

Mary438
Tempo Runner

Totally agree.  They never really pushed the one, and once they came out with wrist kind that was it. I plan to bring up to the health care community the problems with us wearing wrist items during patient care. We are worried about rings, artificial nails, ties and stethescopes, and these are no better regarding passing "bugs" from patient to patient.

karensky
Jogger
Excellent point!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Here is a link to the exact request from 2017 . Please note that only 52 people are interested. 

Bring back a cliptracker (ONE)

The current active thread, from the same month has 168 votes. 

New updated clip on tracker

Since this is asking for an improve clip on tracker, with no mention of what the improvements should be I would add your thoughts to that request. 

karensky
Jogger
This!
CindyM3
Base Runner

I agree. I had the fitbit ONE for years and LOVED it. I now have the fitbit alta HR, I bought this one because i can go on amazon and buy a clip for it to clip on my pocket. I think the watch ones cheat and don't give you an accurate step count, so i really don't see the point to them. I searched for along time to find one with a clip again and ended up finding a clip for this ulta hr. too bad fitbit doesn't offer one. Hopefully with so many of us wanting accurate step counts and clip on ones, maybe fitbit will bring one back. 

tjwhite99
Base Runner

Looks like the moderator combined some posts about bringing back the One or producing a full features non-wrist activity tracker.  But not sure if they combined the votes?   With the number of related threads and votes it's probably a hot topic.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The votes do vetgcombined @tjwhite99. but if a person votes in both threads. only one vote gets counted. Also the OP of the thread being merged does not get a vote in the thread merged into. 

kc3
Jogger

a waterproof ONE would be great.

nametaken
Jogger

Combining threads like that may make it easier for Fitbit staff to monitor but you just made it a nightmare to follow the thread I started.  I was told by support to post my comment in the first place.  Perhaps they should have directed me to a thread instead if one had already started.  If I had known you guys were going to mess with where my post ended up, I wouldn't have posted at all and would have just planned to buy a different product from anther company instead.  I was happy with Fitbit and now I'm not.

Why on earth did Fitbit think it was a good idea to only make wrist models now???  What research did you do to inform this decision?  Did you get user feedback on these wrist models by folks who like and regularly the One?  It's not fun to get used to using a product only to have the company ditch it in lieu of less desirable product.  The fact that you had so many responses to combine into one thread should be informing you that a mistake was made when you discontinued the One.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Give it up folks. Buy another brand. That will get the attention of those to whom you are trying to reach.

fosterav
Recovery Runner

Fitbit's explanations for why they went to wrist-only trackers make no sense. The fact is that none of their products has all of the features of the One. To anyone who can't or won't wear a wrist tracker, your only option is to downgrade to the vastly inferior Zip, or switch to another brand. Fitbit doesn't care about you as a customer anymore.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

What I find interesting is that there are more posts in this thread than there are votes. 

We really need more than a measly 184 votes to get the developers attention.. I know there are many more users that want to see a new version of a clip on tracker. 

Every one of you should have a link to this suggestion. Your sig. 

I agree if people unwilling to get involved and advertise than yes you should give up. 

MoniqueBFit
First Steps

I wish fitbit would just continue to offer the ONE.  I don't need any new fancy features, just keep the tracker with the great features it already has.  No other company offers a wearable tracker, what a great niche to have.  While the watch tracker maybe popular, what made fitbit great was the selection of both a wearable tracker and watch.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I think the decision was between the Zip. which sold a lot more units, and the One, the Zip won out .

I know several that still have there many years old Zip .

Even after falling apart after the third time through the washing machine.. My neighbors Zip is still chugging away. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm very sad; I just lost my Zip because I pulled keys out of my pocket and the Zip came out with it because I didn't have it clipped on. I'm saving up Amazon reward points to replace it free using my points. Boo Hoo. I loved my Zip because it is more accurate than my Apple watch.

abigdogmom
Recovery Runner
I am using a zip right now and am satisfied with it. The one was my
favorite, but, since the powers that be have decided we don't need the one,
Zip it has to be. If they do away with it, I will be gone for good. Between
the Zip and the My Fitness Pal app, I can keep a handle on my blood sugar
and avoid going on diabetes medication. The combination has worked for me
for 5 years now 🙂
JEH1
Tempo Runner

I love my One, and would welcome a One 2

JEH1
Tempo Runner

To add to my previous comment; I love the One’s clip on feature, I use the sleep tracker every night in a wrist band and would never want to lose the sleep tracker- if would be nice if they put out a One2 with a sleep tracker like the one  they removed and put behind  a 50$/year pay wall.

The One really has a market niche- all you have to do is go on eBay to see that!

Uhljo
First Steps

Please consider bringing back the Fitbit One.  It was everything I wanted in a tracker.  My favourite thing about it was that I could carry it easily in my pocket or, with the little attachment that came free with it, attach it to my waistband.  I loved that I could track both steps and flights of stairs.  I was extremely disappointed when mine died and I was forced to change.  I ended up with the Flex 2 because that was the only item you have where I could remove the little tracker and carry it in my pocket, though you don't include any helpful holder for free that I can use to hook it on my belt, AND, I no longer can track my flights of stairs.

I absolutely will NOT, under any circumstances wear a Fitbit on my wrist.  My reasons are simple and unchangeable.  First off, I have heard too many reports (and know at least 2 people) who have nerve/pain problems when wearing them.  That is the health reason.  The other reason is just as important to me.  I have spent a considerable amount of time and money in choosing jewelry for myself and wear bracelets every day.  Beautiful bracelets, some of them quite expensive.  I absolutely will not replace them with an ugly plastic strap (or any of the many styles you have).  I would have to wear it all day every day to know what my steps are and I deeply resent you forcing my accessory choices on me like that.  If the Flex 2 continues to behave like a cheap piece of junk (I've had to talk to customer service twice about issues with it) I will be forced to go to one of your competitors for something else entirely.  I'm deeply disappointed that you have decided to go with basically one type of tracker (wrist) rather than offering choices, as you used to.  For me, that will mean losing a customer if it continues. 

I have extolled the virtues of Fitbit on all of my social media accounts for years, but my comments are starting to turn around to just the opposite because of your decision to drop the One.  Not because I want to turn others against you, but because I feel the need to be honest about my feelings on it.

Thank you for listening.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.