New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
Gardeneva
Recovery Runner

Pretty please issue a new updated Zip or even a new version clip on tracker. The Fitbit One was great too but needed an update — its been discontinued though 😞 . A new better display and features clip on would be fantastic. A face front that is easier to see, lights up with digital display and USB chargeable instead of battery replacements. I don't like wristband trackers and prefer wearing a tracker on my waistband or bra.

Moderator Edit: Format

CRHinTN
First Steps

All I want is a clip on tracker that counts steps, active minutes and flights of stairs. My Fitbit One of 5 years is to the point where it won't hold a charge at all. So disappointing.

SoDakJim
First Steps

For years I carried a Fitbit One, after my third one died I discovered they were no longer available and the few I could find on the secondary market were 2 or 3 times the original cost. My answer was to purchase Fitbit Alta and one of the third party cases to carry it in my pocket like the One. 

In the settings, the Alta does not let you choose your pocket as the place your wear the fitbit, only your wrist. I've found this affects the accuracy of the fitbit quite a lot. For example when I walk fast or jog, it thinks I'm riding a bike. 

A simple fix would be to add the option to wrist-worn devices so you can set it as in the pocket (or a bra for women). I like the tracker for sleep, and it works in the pocket, it's just not very accurate. 

orangerook
Recovery Runner

Discussion has been closed on an earlier version of this suggestion; see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Bring-back-a-clip-tracker-ONE/.

The One is not made to last forever, and many of us do not want to wear trackers on our wrists.  See also https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Bring-back-FitBit-ONE/m-p/2322840 and many other entries in the discussion forum.

The last few Ones are available on eBay for twice the original price - or more.  Surely a business case could be made for increasing the price and reintroducing the One (or something similar).  You have a loyal customer base whose needs are no longer being met.  If I find a product other than the One that meets my needs, Fitbit will lose me as a customer.

malkhateeb
First Steps

I got a One Fitbit and I'm loving it but would love to upgrade to get more features

all the bands are used only as bands, only the Flex that has more wearing options but it does not display information 

So if there is a way to create something that clips like ONE but also has some of those new features like the HR and more improved old features like the auto sleeping tracking and activity auto tracking

Thank you

Dianne327
First Steps

I love my Fitbit One and am deeply disappointed it is no longer being manufactured. I have Fibromyalgia and actually have sleep goals. Fitbit One tracks the amount of sleep I get and how restful it is. This is important information for my treatment plan. I do not like and will not wear a wrist tracker. I see there are people here who don’t like the rubber clip on holder. They can be replaced if they wear out. For those who prefer the wristband, they make them for Fitbit One. I prefer to clip mine onto my pajamas and use my phone app to “begin sleep now” and to turn it off in the morning. I don’t think Fitbit One was marketed well enough. Doctors, particularly Rheumatologists, need to be educated on the Sleep monitor portion of the One so they can recommend it to their patients. I know millions of Fibromyalgia sufferers would benefit from it, if they knew about it. PLEASE bring it back!

Dianne327
First Steps

I have Fibromyalgia and getting enough sleep is monumentally important. I actually have sleep goals. The Fitbit One tracks how long it takes me to get to sleep, how restless I am, and how long I sleep. Millions of people have Fibromyalgia and getting enough restful sleep is part of their care plans. I think you missed an opportunity by not marketing to this population. You should have educated Rheumatologists and other doctors about Fitbit One so they could recommend it to their patients. The Fitbit One clips onto my pajamas. I use the app on my phone to “begin sleep now” and stop it when I wake up. It is so helpful, I just can’t stress that enough. PLEASE bring this back. Create a new product if you have to, but make it a clip on, and include the sleep tracking. It’s a great product. You just need to market it in the right places. I got my first one at a Weight Watchers meeting, to use like a pedometer. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Sleep tracking and have used it ever since. I do not like and will not use a wrist tracker. 

nametaken
Jogger
​You make a really good point. I too have Fibromyalgia. I hope they will
change their mind and come up with a new clip-on device.​
kc3
Jogger

I would be happy with an exact replacement of the ONE. Why discontinue a great product?

nametaken
Jogger
I
​'m dreading the day mine gives up the ghost.​
Dianne327
First Steps
I agree completely! I love my Fitbit One. I was told they already discontinued it. I say they need to come out with a new product then, exactly like the Fitbit One.

Sent from my iPhone
CindyM3
Base Runner
I also used to have the Fitbit One. Loved it. I did tons of research to
find one even some what close. I ended up with the Ultra HR. And then I
bought a clip for it on Amazon. It works well for steps. (I can't stand the
watch ones). It's a pain to switch it to the watch at night to track my
sleep, but I guess that's my only option right now. It's easy to put the
watch band on, just a pain to have to do it every night. I don't understand
with so many of us wanting the Fitbit One back and they still won't do it.
Makes No sence at all.
Dianne327
First Steps
Me too!

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
I agree! I told them they didn’t market it right or it would have been an even better seller.

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
Do you have sleep goals? Every doctor I’ve had in the last 30+ years since my diagnosis, has stressed the importance of sleep. My Fitbit One has helped me immensely.

Sent from my iPhone
nametaken
Jogger

I have sleep goals set but I never achieve them. 😞 Pre-menopause and
fibromyalgia don't mix well- especially for getting a good night's sleep.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Frankyhike
Jogger
Yes I totally agree they should come back with a Fitbit One like you said there is no competition

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Frankyhike
Jogger
They still do have them on Amazon if you want to spend $267 that's crazy

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Dianne327
First Steps
I ordered one on either Amazon or ebay quite awhile ago. The picture was exactly what I wanted, but when it came, it was completely different. I had a hard time getting my money back but eventually did.

Sent from my iPhone
Glendamay
Recovery Runner
I know, right? $267 on Amazon. I paid $99 for the one I had. And how good
is the battery going to be on these now, when the seller has had them just
sitting there for a couple of yrs now
Gardeneva
Recovery Runner
I'm crazy ... just not that kind of crazy. 😄

🌻 Eva 🌻
nametaken
Jogger
I attempted to purchase a new clip recently. I couldn't find a fitbit
brand clip. I ended up finding one on eBay. The photo showed a fitbit
brand clip but what I received was an aftermarket clip from Amazon. AND
the seller charged almost twice the price that Amazon sold it for. I was
so mad because I had already seen that clip on Amazon and didn't want it.
Dianne327
First Steps
I feel your pain! It’s all so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Gardeneva
Recovery Runner
That is very frustrating and upsetting. I hope you contacted the seller
and requested either a price reduction or refund — as that is false
advertisement. File a complaint with eBay regarding the same. I believe
they have a satisfaction guarantee.
nametaken
Jogger
​Thanks Gardeneva! I was furious. I called eBay immediately. I sent it
back because the item was not as pictured. Then when I wrote on the sheet
that goes in with the return because the seller's reason for the Amazon
return was that the item was not as described. I wrote that the eBay
seller's description was not an accurate description in his eBay post- not
that it was not as described to the seller when the seller purchased it
from Amazon. This was the second time an eBay seller had done that to me-
the first was a different item.

On the flip side, I contacted fitbit and fitbit support sent me one for
free. fitbit support is awesome.​
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.