New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
dianedeacon4
Base Runner
You are exactly right about the problem with wrist trackers. My husband
went to physical therapy for a shoulder issue, and after an hour, walked
out with 1500 more steps although he'd been sitting the entire time!
--
*Diane K. Deacon*
momice
Strider

I don’t want to wear a wrist tracker, and if I did, I wouldn’t get a Fitbit. I’ve read too many complaints about the poor quality of the bands and lack of customer service. If they come out with a new clip-on tracker that has the same features as the One, I would probably buy that. I have an extra One that I purchased last year from Kohls that’s been sitting in its box. I hope that when my current One dies that the new One will still work well. I don’t know how long those batteries last. 

Here’s to hoping that they take into consideration the vast number of loyal customers that want a new clip-on, and won’t be satisfied with a wrist tracker or the Zip. 

kemOx
Recovery Runner
I think I’m in the same boat is you. It’s great that you decided to buy an extra tracker; great idea to plan ahead. The one thing I’m worried about is if if it will still support the updates and customer service now that it’s discontinued… Hopefully you’re right and the batteries will last a long time but my old fit bit has lasted for about two years, and I’ve seen other people have said there’s has lasted even longer than that. Fingers crossed.
Dianne327
First Steps
I completely agree! You are so lucky to have an “extra” one.

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
I’m dreading the day when mine no longer works. I depend on it a lot and love it very much.

Sent from my iPhone
LisaRisa
First Steps
Me too!!

Sent from my iPhone
nametaken
Jogger
I too am dreading the day when my One no longer works.
linzk717
First Steps

I wash my hands all the time (including my wrists) and get most of my walking while pushing a stroller or shopping cart. The wrist tracker is totally impractical for me and many others. My One just broke and I'm upset that there is no replacement! 

kc3
Jogger

I am like the majority, dreading the day my one dies...... I may die with it. hahahaha

kemOx
Recovery Runner

@momice and all: Well, it makes me feel a little tiny bit better that I’m not the only one upset! I decided I won’t wear a wrist tracker either. If I can’t get one on eBay, and if I can’t hack a wrist model to make it clippable, I guess I’ll have to be done.

If anyone hasn’t yet, you may want to up-vote the “suggestion for a new updated clip-on tracker, at the top of this list. Click the “thumbs up” icon, as they say it’s how they track “voting” on proposed features, for whatever that is worth.

As other’s have pointed out—new posts about bringing back the One (not simply “updating” the Zip) keep getting locked and consolidated here.

LisaRisa
First Steps

It's bizarre that Fitbit would discontinue the only good step tracker that they had that didn't have to be worn on the wrist. 

Dear Fitbit:

Please bring back the One!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Gardeneva
Recovery Runner
Thanks for the “thumbs-up” info!!! I hope all will follow suit.

Eva
Happy.
Recovery Runner

I used to be annoyed that my daughters wanted a fitbit one and didn't use it, now I'm thankful because I have a spare to use since losing mine while travelling.  Now I'm just annoyed that, with everyone else's comments here, it still seems that the fitbit powers that be don't seem to care less about the brilliant clip on one product they had on offer.  It's ludicrous to think that everyone wants a wrist tracker. I'm also sad for all those out there who feel the same as I do. Smiley Sad

JEH1
Tempo Runner
Dear Happy,
Thank you!!
There are a lot of us who would have bought spares if we had had any notice.
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
EFELD
First Steps

My Fitbit One completely stopped working a couple of weeks ago.  With no other alternative because I was not going to pay the mark up to by one from ebay or Amazon, I gave in an bought the Fitbit Alta (with the clip from a 3rd party).  I wear it just like I did my One.  I miss the recording of the stairs that the One did but so far, it seems pretty accurate to what I got for steps with the One.  I selected my "non-dominant" arm as the option and it seems good at keeping accurate steps.  It is not the best but the best alternative if they don't want to make another clip on version.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My sister's One quit working last week. She broke down and got a replacement off of Ebay at $150.00. I can't believe that with all of the feedback and threads that have been started about the One being discontinued that Fitbit refuses to listen to us. Not everyone wants to or can wear a wrist tracker. The One for me is absolutly perfect and I have been wearing mine for over 3 and a half years. Instead of being a leader and innovative, it seems Fitbit has decided to be a company of followers and do  everyone else is doing. Too bad. I really do hope they either bring back the One or an updated model. The ZIP is a very poor alternative. It is too bulky and the batteries don't last very long at all so you need to keep spending more money just to keep the thing going. I am glad for everyone who keeps posting & trying to make our voices heard. Hopefully they will do something and soon. If my One dies and they have not replaced it with the same or a better version to clip on, then so does my being a customer and supporter of Fitbit. 

kemOx
Recovery Runner

@EFELD, thanks for the feedback on using the Alta with the third party clip, especially about the accuracy! I was wondering about that, since the Fitbit moderators always point out they’re not meant to be used that way. (Yet, they don’t comment when users point out the wrist models don’t track steps when your arms aren’t moving, or overcoming steps when only your arms are moving...)

Good to know that’s at least one alternative, other than paying the markup.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

There are so many of us that cannot wear or will not wear a wrist based tracker.  When my One dies, I am done with Fitbit unless they come out with another clip on version (not the Zip).  I have taken to social media to no avail.  Fitbit, are you listening to your loyal customers?

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

So much activity in here and clearly there are some loyal One followers.    The Zip was my fourth pedometer and my first Fitbit and I was amazed at the accuracy.  So up till this point, at least, I'm a loyal customer - Zip for a year, and then One for about 3.5 years and running.   I just bought replacement clips from Amazon.     I will never, ever buy any model designed to be worn on the wrist.  In addition to not wanting to have it on my wrist during work, they just aren't as accurate as wearing one clipped centrally to your body core.  How do they not get that?
I made up my mind when one friend told me her Fitbit recorded almost 1000 steps when standing at the kitchen sink and scrubbing a pot - and she was wearing it on her off hand.
And then a co-worker mentioned hanging out with her daughter and having to pass on pushing her granddaughter in the stroller in the park because her Fitbit wouldn't record steps. 
So come on Fitbit - get it together and give your loyal customers what they're asking for!

lysa_d
Jogger

I now have the Charge 2 because my One is no longer.

I AM NOT HAPPY.

This is not accurate.

Having a clip on (like the ONE) is more accurate, I don't need the bells and whistles, just a simple (NOT the Zip) tracker.

Really don't understand why Fitbit discontinued. I'll never buy a replacement Charge 2 nor any other wrist-worn tracker.

FITBIT: Do us a favor and bring back the ONE!

ScrapjenB
Strider

I've had a Fitbit "torso tracker" for over eight years (the original Ultra, then the One) but also wear a Charge2 on my wrist because I wanted the heart rate feature. Being a bit obsessive, and a Fitbit family, we've had some extra devices around, and I've experimented with wrist models worn clipped, and I think it's where you wear the device, not the device itself, that determines its accuracy (I've found the waist generally counts a bit more than the torso, and a device on the wrist counts less... that has been my personal experience).  While Fitbit doesn't recommend it, put a wrist model in a clip and it's not that different than the One. If you don't care about floors, go with the Alta, if floors are a must, go with the Charge 2. There are aftermarket clips made specifically for the Alta, nothing directly for the Charge2 yet, but I found it can fit into the clip case made for the Garmin Vivofit, which has aftermarket clips sold inexpensively on Amazon.  Just some ideas for those who want to stick with the consistency of Fitbit when they can't buy another One.  

I did a little blog post showing the results of my wearing an Alta clipped, compared to my One.  

http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2017/12/fitbit-one-done-alta-alternative.html

I've also worn the Charge 2 clipped, and a Zip, and now a Versa  ... I have a bunch of numbers and have been planning on doing a follow-up post, I just haven't gotten around to it. 

Dianne327
First Steps
Be careful on ebay. I ordered one that was exactly what I wanted in the pictures. When it came it was totally different. I paid $170 for it and had one hell of a time getting my money back. The seller pulled every dirty trick there was. Luckily, ebay supported me and returned my money. I’m pretty sure that seller no longer sells on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
I know, right?!? But they did it. 😢

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
I know I would have bought an extra one.

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
Does it record your sleep?

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.