New watch

Here's what we need: A watch with color screen, waterproof to 3 meters, built in GPS and swimming parameters in app. Bam, perfect Fitbit. 

7 Comments
Dave1596
Strider

and a battery life for 1 day that all will complaint about

Skyclad
Recovery Runner

other than the battery life it sounds like a Garmin.  with the battery life it's an Apple Watch 2!

terrylm
First Steps

Dear Fitbit New Product Ideas,

First of all I would like to say I am a very satisfied owner of Fitbit HR.  I especially enjoy the vibrating alarm option that is included with it.

My wife and I were talking about her 95 year Mother and the care she is providing for her when the idea hit me.

How about Fitbit Assist.

This would be a Fitbit designed for the elderly Parents/ People who would like/need reminders for wake up, meal times breakfast, lunch and dinner, medication times maybe four times a day that do not coincide with meal time all through the convenience of a vibrating wristband that is not only a watch but a reminder tool easily programmed from your phone or pc. The step counter and heart rate monitor would provide them useful information of their activity for the day. But don’t stop there the sleep logging is a great feature to track your sleeping habits and make improvements for a better nights rest. What son or Daughter wouldn’t want their Mom or Dad to have one on their wrist? Not only is it a practical gift but functional too.

Features would include some of the current HR features with the addition of messages for the alarms:

Wake up/ Bedtime Alarm with scrolling message & vibrating wristband

Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner Alarm with scrolling message “Meal Time” & vibrating wristband

Medications morning, afternoon, and evening Alarm with scrolling message “Med Time” & vibrating wristband

If connected to their Cell phone – Display of caller name/number in scrolling message & vibrating wristband

Call reminder:

Alarm set: Alarm Repeats:

Heart Rate monitor:

Sleep tracker:

Step monitor:

Fitbit Share: Share info link to family members Fitbit

This is awesome for the family member to link up and see in real time what is really going on.

Just how would the parent feel to see that their son, daughter or family member linked to their Fitbit performance and visa versa?

Fitbit you have a great product and I hope these ideas can be incorporated to assist those who want to stay on top with Fitbit Assist.

Thank you for your time, have a great day.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

FYI 3 meters,  is not considered to be swim proof,  this requires  a static test of 150 feet deep.

Dfalireas
First Steps

We don't need gps. Because it will make you charge your fitbit every day. We dont need this. One of the greatest pros of fitbit is the 7 day recharge.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcoGFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea and I'm sure you will be happy to know that our newest Watch, the Ionic has been designed to be water resistant and swim-proof, which is great if you'd like to use it for swimming activities. Additionally, the Ionic has built-in GPS, color screen and detachable bands.

If you like to know more about the Fitbit Ionic, please refer to the following article: All About Fitbit Ionic.

Thanks for sharing your ideas! 

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NShrock and commenters, these Feature Suggestions have now been implemented in the new Fitbit Ionic! Fitbit Ionic can be worn in the pool up to 50 meters, and will track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned. It has a color screen and GPS - you can learn more about Ionic here.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.