Next Generation Waterproof Tracker like Charge 2/Charge HR

With the release of the Flex 2, I was hoping for a display on a waterproof tracker, preferably with heart rate tracking. To my surprise, they actually released one (Ionic). Now, the Ionic's great and all, but I'm not really looking to buy a smartwatch as an upgrade to a Flex 2. Therefore, I started brainstorming, and came up with these ideas:

• A "reboot" of the Force, but with the Flex 2 material so that you won't have to issue a total recall of the product (again).
  • A waterproof tracker that somewhat resembles the Charge 2. I'd also recommend clock faces with all basic stats (Steps, Calories Burned, Heart Rate) on a single screen. I don't know how you'll do that, but if you can, then by all means, go ahead.

These are the two that came to me. If anyone has any more ideas, there's a comment section below this post. You guys can come up with your own, or add to mine. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

You'll Mostly Find Me on the Feature Suggestions Page
153 Comments
Digger555
Jogger
Me too! Waterproof charge 2 would be awesome!
Apenny620
Jogger
I wish they would listen to us bc everyone wants one e!
Jennjen
First Steps
Had a fitbit charge hr and was accidently dunked into the pool and fitbit no longer works.make all fitbits waterproof
rzburk
Recovery Runner

I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was waterproof - even for more $$ - I just know even if I try to keep it dry someday I'll jump in the shower with it on...I did buy a Flex 2 to upgrade from my Zip, but would have happily spent more money for a fuller featured waterproof tracker. I know there are oter brands available, but would like to stay with Fitbit for the community.

hikingirl3
First Steps

Since I just bought the Charge 2, I'd suggest some sort of covering for the device that we can use while swimming that comes with a waterproof case. Sort of like those ones you can buy for cell phones to take underwater.

Digger555
Jogger
Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone
JessPemberton
First Steps

Dear Fitbit,

I love my Charge HR, but having just re-certified my life guarding skills and working constantly on a pool deck, I can no longer wear my fitbit. I spent too much money not to be able to wear it. Please make a swimmable heart rate, sleep tracking, activity tracking, don't forget to move watch!

thanks!

Imjustsayinca
First Steps

Yes a swimmer, I will love to track my activities in the pool without purchasing the Flex2.  Please make a CHareg HR that will track my swimming activities. 

lindy0116
Recovery Runner

Agreed, I too am considering now the need for multiple devices in order to track my swimming. 

pinkbubelz
Recovery Runner

Yes, yes, yes!! I agree, something to measure pool activities would be great.  There are actual "triathlon" watches out there, so why can't fitbit create one that's waterproof??

DyB
Recovery Runner

Yes I'm considering Apple Watch because there is a water version

Imjustsayinca
First Steps
Really, I will have to check it out.        Vetra N. Butleremail: vetras_haven@yahoo.comresident: (310) 973-1775 mobile: (310) 854-2219  “You have a right to your thoughts and feelings. Your feelings are always valid.”  Iyanla Vanzant
Walkby
Recovery Runner

This is my biggest complaint on the hardware.  I swim and lack of waterproof seems silly for something that is designed for activity.  They all should be 10M water resistant.   BTW I have the Charge 2 but I think all devices need this.  

@JessPemberton wrote:

Dear Fitbit,

I love my Charge HR, but having just re-certified my life guarding skills and working constantly on a pool deck, I can no longer wear my fitbit. I spent too much money not to be able to wear it. Please make a swimmable heart rate, sleep tracking, activity tracking, don't forget to move watch!

thanks!

AcadiaSelkie
Recovery Runner

I hope Fitbit is reading these comments and considering a better waterproof tracker!  Since my original post,  I bought a Garmin Vivoactive HR and hated it. Too big and bulky, screen was dark, dashboard complicated (mabe I'm just used to Fitbit!) - I returned it.  I've had the Charge HR for about a year and a half, and received an Alta as a gift a couple of months ago.  The Alta seems to count hand movements (like brushing teeth) as steps, so I only wear it when out (it's sleeker and has changable bands).   I am still hoping Fitbit will consider a waterproof Charge2.  If not, I'll give in and get the Flex2 and just treat it like a bracelet and wear it with a waterproof watch when at the beach and/or pool.  (I know the moment I give in and buy one, Fitbit will finally come out with a waterproof smartwatch!!  I just know it!)

Reinhartz
Base Runner

Basically Charge 2 Is nearly perfect for me , it just need few upgrades like : 

- Swim Proof and Tracking Capability

- 3rd Party Notification ( Such as whatsapp , FB , etc ) 

It doesn't need color screen , Charge 2 screen is perfect 🙂

songbird1329
Strider

I have a Charge HR and a Flex 2.  I bought the Flex 2 because it is waterproof and tracks swimming/laps.  But the Flex 2 doesn't have a lot of the features I love about the Charge HR.  I want a device that measures heart rate and is waterproof!

elloface
First Steps

Swimming is one of the best holistic exercises and would be amazing to take your fitbit in the pool and count your lengths, heartrate, etc. 

LoreB
First Steps

I too wish for a waterproof solution to my Charge HR. How about a waterproof sleeve of somekind? Camera's can be waterproof, why not a little fitbit?

EliH
First Steps

Yes. I have seen the one that is water proof. That is great, but it has no display? So if it's not selling well, it's not a lack of interest. It's the lack of display. I like the charge 2. I have other digital watches that are waterproof. Ok.  🙂

songbird1329
Strider

Yeah, I own a Charge HR and a Flex 2.  I much prefer the Charge HR for its wider range of features and its display screen, I bought the Flex 2 because I swim year-round and wanted something waterproof that would also track my swims.  I'd really rather just have one device.

AKTurtle1106
Jogger

I agree.  I have a Charger HR.  I swim a lot and do water aerobics, as well as exercise on land.  I would love to have 1 device that covers this.  The Charger 2 looks great but I don't want to invest in another device that I can't use in the water.  If the Charger 2 had the extra water features I'd def buy it.  I like the fitbit products and the dashboard interacts well with myfitnesspal and would prefer to keep using them, but will keep looking at other brands to see if I can find a device that does all I want. 

anish09
Jogger

Fitbit Product Manager - are you listening. Can you not make a version of Fitbit that is Waterproof (swimming ready) plus does everything that Charge HR does? Your competitiion (Apple watch) already has that feature. You guys are falling behind the curve 🙂

Like others suggested I am considering apple watch in absence of any products for Fitbit.

pupswim
First Steps

I totally agree that FitBit needs more waterproof options.  I've had 3 different FitBit trackers and I'm ready to purchase a new one because I want a watch-type product like the Charge 2.  I want to stay with FitBit products, but the fact that it is not swim-proof will keep me from purchasing.  Please waterproof your next model!

First Steps

I would like it if there were a Fitbit that is swim proof and shower proof like the Flex 2 but also has a big screen like the Charge 2 or Surge. That way you won't have to wait until you get out of the water.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

ADrakontaidis
First Steps

Hi.  Is there any discussion about coming out with either a waterproof Blaze/ Charge/ Surge?  

Thanks.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.