No Timezone Challenges

It would be great to have an option where Timeszones didn't play an important part in the challenge. 

eg. 

3 friends from Mumbai, Brussels, LA - there's a 20hr difference between the 3. 

If Mumbai starts the Workweek Hustle that starts at 7am, the score board takes into account steps done by LA on a Sunday evening. 

Sunday is not part of the Workweek. 

The scoreboard should count steps for everyone from 00:00 Monday to 11:59pm Friday. regardless of the time zone. 

I would like to see option: Play With or Without Timezones. 

@wideeyedgirl@PureEvil

Moderator edit: Added Labels

13 Comments
Anishgrimes
Jogger
I'd like to be able to look at friends and be able to sort by time zone for challenges!!! Many times you accept a challenge but they don't have where they're from
wideeyedgirl
First Steps

I am having a great time challenging my colleagues in the US - I work in the Australian office. The problem with the 5 day challenge is it starts in Australia on a Tuesday. Is there anyway you can allow my steps to start being tracked earlier???

Alternatively could you add in a 7 day Challenge and then no timezone dev required!

JennyJenn
Base Runner

This should have started like this! It's called a Work Week Challenge and a Weekend Challenge. It should include only work week days and weekends accordingly, in each member's time zone. So we might have to wait hours or even a day to get the results, so what? It's accurate as opposed to what we're getitng now. We wait twelve hours for everyone to get the chance to sync, anyway.

A great idea!

SKM1
First Steps

Would like steps to set to zero after 7 days instead of being a continued number. 

Amanarneja
First Steps

Fitbit is a global company forming communities and connection world over. My family spans over the US, India and Australia and we love throwing challenges at each other, it does always bug us though that there is no time zone adjustment and some timezones are arbitrarily punished. In this day and age I don't really understand why the timezone isn't just automatically adjusted for? Seems like a very basic missing feature for a global community 

Aussie_Mom
First Steps

Agree! 

MidgaardsOrmen
First Steps

Just adding myself to this feature request. Much needed feature for folks like myself who start work week hustles with friends in Europe. Depending on who starts the competition, one side of the ocean invariably has to account for steps taken "outside" of the workweek. For me personally (on PST time zone) it really sucks because my friday steps and workouts don't count. Sunday is a no go to start for me. Vice versa if I start it ... that means competition doesn't start until Tuesday for them, and doesn't end until Saturday. 

Seems like a simple enough software feature to add. 

ElFenomeno
First Steps

Hi ! Just a question, I was wondering if one day you will do the correct schedule changement between countries I proposed one of your challenge at one of my friend in France, I am living in NZ We have different schedule time, it's horrible and no efficient ! It's just a question to have one day an improvement 🙂 Cheers

Moderator edit: added labels

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

MissJaime
First Steps

I live in New Zealand and do Workweek Challenges with my family and friends in Canada.

When they initiate the challenge, the workweek for them is from Monday AM until Friday PM. For my it doesn't start until Monday afternoon and ends Saturday afternoon. In which case I have an unfair advantage to see what every has at the end of Friday and step it up Saturday afternoon while they can't. It would be preferable that my workweek challenge was from Monday AM to Friday PM as well and just delay the final time. Does that make sense?

Love my Fitbit!

aishabm
First Steps
I am trying to do a challenge with my friends in another time zone. We had issues with the challenge hours, since some of us get more hours than the rest and this is due to time difference. So,I suggest that the challenge gets to be a 24hr challenge starting from the minute it was created. By that, it will not be time zone dependent. And if it was a weekend challenge it gets to be 48 hrs from the minute its created and so on. I would be so grateful if fitbit team took my suggestion into consideration.
altonv
Jogger

Hi All,

After 3 yrs with FitBit and 3x different devices I decided to leave the FitBit family. 
@LanuzaFitbit

I do hope this feature request works it's way into production. (keep in mind:   altonv  ‎04-27-2016)

Status changed to: Existing Feature
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @altonv and commenters, thanks for your support and patience. We're marking this request as existing since the challenge begins and ends in the challenge owner's time zone, so if you're in a different time zone than the challenge owner, you may notice that your challenge leaderboard stats do not always match your dashboard stats but at the end the information will be uploaded after syncing. This works in that way to be fair with all participants in the challenge. 

Keep sharing your suggestions. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.