Note Taking app for Fitbit Smartwatches

I want to know if there is a way we can store notes on the Fitbit?  I have a Fitbit Versa and have been unable to find a way to store notes on the watch.  There are a few reasons why I would like this. 

1. Lock combination

2. Personal workout notes

3. Where I parked

4.  Other information I see fit

The reason is because I don't always have my phone on me and it would be nice if I was able to open the note app on the watch to see certain notes I have taken.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

23 Comments
rbennett18
Keeping Pace

I have some notes on my phone's memo pad app and frequently put my grocery list on it as well. It would be nice to be able to carry those notes on my wrist, in case I forget my phone at home. Even something as easy as being able to type in the app, and sync to the ionic.

Eswoosh
First Steps

Dude make a simple note taking app? Why in the all mother would Fitbit not have this in the watches right out of box? What baffles me even further is how a third party developer hasn't taken this opportunity to make an app that everyone needs and be super successful with it as this is complete oversight by Fitbit! 

No note app, RIP Ionic. And rest in peace pebble. Smh

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Format/Word Choice

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This can easily be added by a third party, but I'd hate to use the keyboard, 

Can't think of a way it could be done. 

We have this request for audio notes. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Wesolowski1116! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Kathryn.P
First Steps

Hi all!
I had a Moto 360 for a very short period of time (I returned it after two weeks!) but the biggest feature I loved on it was Google Keep. I am highly interested in the new Versa, but would love an app like Google Keep where I can keep my To-Do list and Shopping Lists on my wrist and just check off things as I go on. I love checklists! I would constantly use paper, but I am always losing paper slips. Is anyone else interested in this? I hope that someone will bring this idea to life! 

Thank you,

Kathryn

MntnMan13
First Steps

A tile for notes would be an amazing addition, I have searched the internet and have found similar suggestion in the  Fitbit community and on reddit! I would just like to add a few notes to my daily entry, and have them in one place! In the words of The Beatles “Don’t let me down!” Thank you! 

Ash_01
Recovery Runner

It would be great if there was a document viewer on the Versa.

My PT is going to create a program for me and it would be so handy to be able to access it on the watch rather than carrying around a piece of paper in the gym.

Whosforachat
First Steps

It would be good to be able to write diary notes to say, for example, how you felt during a run or why you didn't exercise io a particular day.

IXan
First Steps

Hello,

I would really appreciate having a diary function like the sleep, heartrate, water etc in the app to take notes about psychological states, illnesses, points I can improve on my workout etc.

As well I would really love to get a notes function at least for ALL the other options, e.g. problems after consuming food to get an overview what food is best for me, notes why I ate more than the intake for my weight loss goal, notes in the fitness area to improve my workout and choose the best time for it, space for notes in the sleep-area e.g. why I woke up and to note dreams etc.

Those 2 functions would really improve the whole concept and make it possible to better get together the many facettes of health and body rythms with psychological and mental items.

This would really help me to improve my health, nutrition, sleep and make better workouts

Steve1952
Jogger

I love my Fitbit Iconic, It has been an invaluable tool in the process of my ongoing treatment for Cancer. When my wife went to the Wal-Mart annual meeting this last June they gave every attendee a Fitbit. I was so impressed I bought my Fitbit and a Fitbit scale. Little did We know what unknown medical event would fall upon me. As it is working out it has turned into a valuable asset in keeping track of a number of things critical for the Chemo, Radiation process and the Radiation recovery time that I am presently in week two of four. Calorie and water intake are critical to monitor and this has been a blessing for me. I also like the Sleep portion to check for length and quality of Sleep. I normally wear my Fitbit 24/7 between charges. (I am also impressed with how long it lasts between charges. Since the article of the wrist burning incident I now take it off before I go to bed. More information on that would be helpful to get back on track and hope you can get the unit involved and have it independently inspected. As in every thing, there is always one pet peeve someone has about the Fitbit itself. Although mine is small it concerns the band. I work outside a lot on my small farm and find it catches occasionally and the closure tab can be a hassle to pop back in, also can be difficult to take off. So the band to me could use some work. Another feature I would like to see added down the road would be a section where you could enter and keep track of your daily blood pressure on the I-phone app. also a critical factor in progress of Chemo/Radiation patients. Hope to hear from you soon.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Steve1952! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback and for all the details on your post. We're glad to see that your Fitbit has been really helpful to you. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. If you think that this is not exactly what you're asking for, please re-post this or any other idea as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

RUPKIN2
Jogger

I have Alexa and within Alexa I created a "To Do" list. I speak to to Alexa via Versa 2 and say "add (whatever) to my to do list.

Later i can ask Alexa tos how me my "To Do" list and there it is. 

Now that I think of it i should be able or not to ask alexa to set a reminder if needed, 

Rupkin 2

RUPKIN2
Jogger

Yes I can set up reminders with Alexa, my Versa 2 vibrates and no response from the Echo which is good.

Rupkin 2

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your correct @RUPKIN2. reminder setup (alrms) has availible on the Versas and Ionic a since there release. Bling before Alexa. However I like Alexa since the reminder can then be accessed through the wrist, phone, e-reader, and the Echo Plus. 

Sherbears
Jogger

I am a new Fitbit user and one reason I decided on Versa 2 was for Alexa, specifically to be able to “add” notes to my Fitbit watch that will send to Alexa phone app. I was so excited since I’m on the go at work all day with numerous work notes that I struggle to store in my head (tried notepads but keep loosing). I’m not near my phone, since don’t fit in my pockets or don’t have pockets and need to be hands free.  However I neglected to realize that I need to be near my phone to access Fitbits Alexa.  Because of this and another Versa 2 amenity that turns out is not compatible with my iPhone,  I’m now considering returning for maybe a Versa lite or another Smartwatch all together.   I’m disappointed considering “NO” Fitbit is Reasonably priced compared to other smart watches receiving great customer reviews.  With that being said, to entice me not to return my Fitbit, is It in the works that Fitbit or an external app developer is working on a Notes app where I can use the Fitbit Microphone to verbally “add” notes via Fitbit watch, without being near my phone “nor” internet connection?  

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

By any chance is the other amenity based on apple refusing to allow third party apps access to responding. 

I wonder if the tracker has enough memory to store voice files and the ability to convert to text. 

bja5150
Jogger

I agree with the note information. It would be helpful in times when sleep is off so you can explain why. Info doesn't have to be long....maybe a simple drop down box with things like sick, went to bed late, etc. For me, I use a CPAP machine and it has been interesting to compare those numbers to using it or not. Maybe a simple slider in options to include a CPAP in the tracking when it was an not used. 

unsilon
Stepping Up

Hi! is there a type of fitbit watch where it is possible to change the display or dashboard of the watch itself by using the api or the app? For example a reminder of for example dont forget to call person x or how many pageviews my local website has? Many thanks

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @unsilon, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes to Fitbit watches. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Barbara349
Recovery Runner

I use FitNote since I am a heavy OneNote user. When this app works it’s really amazing. My grocery list that I’ve been creating on multiple iCloud devices shows on the Versa 2 screen perfectly. But that’s the thing. The developer hasn’t bothered to fix all the bugs and I have to reset it pretty much every time before I go to the store. Today I can get it to sync at all. It’s the only way I’ve found to have notes on the Versa. Anyone else found anything?

AllStar7
Jogger

Yes this would be amazing!

Please allow us to add notes on both our phones and our smartwatches though!

A scribe type keyboard could be used where you physically draw the letter, number, or symbol.  This would give the best results.

Guy_
Space Racer

You can easily use Google assistant on your phone to take notes.

say "Hey Google take a note"

See Google assistant configuration here use Google Keep

On a Sense or Versa 3 this can be done from the watch -

1. press and hold the button
  2. say "take a note"
  3. it will ask you what it should say
  4. speak the text and when you pause it will to save it
  5. it prompts for what notes you have
  6. click on the prompt to consult you notes on the watch.

or

1. press and hold the button
  2. say "what are my notes"
  3. it will list the notes
  4. click on the one to consult it on the watch.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.