Notification on Fitbit device when phone is out of range

There are a lot of thrid party apps that will notify you by push notification on your phone if you forget your wristband, but i want a notification on my wristband when i get out of range from my phone.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

137 Comments
Winterglo
Walker

This should definitely be an option! I love that my Pebble will vibrate if it loses its connection to my phone.

ssrobert
First Steps

Yes, please! I relied on this with my pebble to alert me when my phone was out  of range.  Also,, the Versa has the problem of disconnecting frequently and I don't know that it happens for some time and miss alerts, which could cause me to miss appointments or meetings.

Today i forgot my phone at home as i rushed out of the house to take my son to school as he missed the bus. I was miles away when I noticed that i forgot my phone. 

This made me search for how to set up an alert in my Fitbit to those cases. 

This kind of alert is very useful, and its imporance is only evident when you forget the phone behind. 

My wife frequently forgets her phone at bars and restaurants, Which causes a lot of headache for her and for me. 

So, a “phone away” feature is very important and very suymple to implement! 

Bykergyrl
First Steps

Unfortunately, I didn't do enough research on the FitBit Versa before I purchased mine. If I would've known the option to notify when phone is out of range isn't available on the Versa, I wouldn't have even purchased it. I've owned my Samsung GearFit 2 for so long I didn't even realize that this amazing feature wasn't included on ALL fitness trackers. I'm disappointed that the Versa doesn't have a lot of the features that my less expensive GearFit 2 had, but this one is the most important. I'm hoping Santa Claus brings me another fitness tracker with this feature, because for me, not having it is not an option.

tpearson1291
First Steps

With working part time, going to Cosmetology school, planning a wedding, having a large extended family, and life being so busy I lose and forget things easily. Getting a  notification that I forgot my watch and being able to ping it would be so beneficial. I even misplace my keys and got the Tile so I can find them when they are misplaced

kerriemcdonnell
First Steps

I had a pebble before getting the versa and it used to vibrate when I was too far from my phone so I knew I didn't forget it. Definitely a handy feature and meant that I didn't have to check my handbag to make sure I had my phone as I knew if it didn't disconnect it was there

SaraAngelina
First Steps

I agree! I would love this feature. 

Versa-tility
Base Runner

This is a feature on some watch faces such as "days of week" by BV Designs. Besides the disconnect vibration it also displays the Bluetooth logo when connected. I also missed this feature from the gear s3. 

KeithSloan
Base Runner

Please add for charge3

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

scragin
Recovery Runner

I have been through four Garmin Vivosmarts of various generations and one Amazefit Bip. All failed so I bought the Charge 3. One thing that ALL my previous trackers had was the ability to be notified when your tracker lost Bluetooth contact with your phone. This feature saved me much inconvenience and possibly a lost phone. 

I am frankly amazed that Fitbit has not implemented this simple and very useful function. And hey Fitbit, if you do decide to implement this, please provide an option to disable the function when connected to your home network. The feature can be annoying if you set your phone down at home and walk out of range.

Shaieyni
First Steps

Hi.

It will be great if you could add to Fitbit app this option:

The Fitbit bracelet will inform me if I forgot my cellphone on the desk.

like a proximity detection.

Thanks

GaryDH
First Steps
I couldn’t agree more. I left my phone at the office AGAIN this evening. Would be very useful.

Away from office. Sent from my iPhone.

To the extent any advice relating to a Federal tax issue is contained in this communication, including any attachments, it was not written or intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding any tax related penalties that may be imposed on you or any other person under the Internal Revenue Code, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any transaction or matter addressed in this communication.
mdosky
Jogger

I would not have bought the Fitbit Versa if I had realized that it would not notify me when I got out of range of my phone.  On a $250 smartwatch, I assumed that would be a gimme.  Please add this feature post haste!

koliada
Jogger

This is initial. Some watchfaces have it but it should be a default feature.

kzorachbry
Jogger

Yes please add this feature. What a huge help - even to consciously know I'm missing notifications because I'm too far away. Or if I left my phone at home - to know this as I leave the driveway instead of after it's too late. PLEASE ADD!!!! Yes, there are some watch faces that carry it - but not all are "pretty". 

sjamij
Jogger

I didn't know this was available at all  What clock faces offer this?  And if its available on some clock faces, it should be easy enough to add as default to a  Fitbit release

kzorachbry
Jogger

A previous post shared that searching "bluetooth" in the watch faces will serve up those that will do this. So I'm using one of those now. 

tomcgraves
Recovery Runner

An absolutely useful feature that should be added ASAP. Wake up, fitbit.

scragin
Recovery Runner

I don't believe that Fitbit monitors these boards and really doesn't care what users think. This is more for us users to be able to vent. Prove me wrong, Fitbit.

tomcgraves
Recovery Runner
It would be incredibly stupid of them to completely ignore user feedback,
but that seems to be the case. I also commented on a thread that asked for
notification when preset HRs are reached or exceeded, and this has also met
with no real response after a few years. Other tracking devices offer this,
and it seems to be a deal-breaker for some, but they don't seem to care.
I'll be shopping for a new device soon, and unfortunately Fitbit won't be
considered.
BigBowzer
Jogger
Good point!!! We're waiting Fitbit...
BigBowzer
Jogger
Thanks for joining our complaint group!
lorraineg
Tempo Runner

Yes please! This is sorely needed and Apple already has it.

addthis1
First Steps

Would like to see a standard built in feature that will alert the user when Bluetooth is disconnected, through vibration alert. Then once connected push all alerts through that was missed when disconnected if possible.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.