Notifications format for Hebrew to read from right to left

pleas the notifications in hebrew from right to left because i want to read them on the correct way and not upside down

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

35 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @itvshdny12345b, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about adding the ability to read notifications from right to left for Hebrew with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Ntress
First Steps

There's a problem with RTL languages like Hebrew on the Versa 2.

The language is written backwards - for example, if it were in English, instead of "Hello" you see "olleH".

Also, the in the title of the message the language is not even supported.

I know that this thing is fixed on some other products like in the Charge 3, but unfortunately in the Versa 2 it's not fixed yet.

Hope it can be fixed soon since it's very frustrating.

Thanks!

Example

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ntress. This is a great suggestion and thanks for explaining why you'd like the Versa 2 to support notifications format to read from right to left

EladMartin
Jogger

It's so strange that basic things as RTL support takes so much time to release. You allready add the option to read unicode letters.. why won't you take the extra mile to finish it.. I love versa2 watch but I can't read the notifications at all...

Please Fitbit... If you selling your watches to Israel, it should support hebrew letters with RTL(!) Don't you think?

fabibabi
Jogger

This feels like we're back in the 90s.

I would imagine that Arabic speakers would have the same issue, please Fitbit, this shouldn't be too hard to implement.

HarelFrumkin
Recovery Runner

With Fitbit being around as long as they have, it seems rather silly that RTL characters have only been implemented recently. On top of which, the orientation that was supposed to be followed will hopefully get to our devices with a software update.

Fitbit has some of the best devices, yet something as old as RTL is not a standard.

yoni199
First Steps

Is this seriously isn't supported? why are you even selling this watches in Israel if you can't deliver on such a basic function

damiankitai
First Steps

Again, the same technique is used by Fitbit moderators to swipe bugs and problems under the carpet and ignore users reclaims.

This is not a feature request and should not be put in any list of future "nice to have" features. It's a malfunction of the clock and must be answered ASAP. The versa can't display RTL languages properly. To show notifications properly is not a suggestion request from users, it's a MUST feature and it doesn't work properly, so put it in the "bugs to fix ASAP" list and not in the "feature request" list. 

Not that it does matter. None of the problems/requests are being solved/answered. 

Fitbit support really should improve or it will lose a lot of customers. 

EladMartin
Jogger

Hi there..

I noticed that you releasing 2 new watches.

And i understand that they do support rtl.

Is this gonna implement on the versa 2 as well?

HarelFrumkin
Recovery Runner

@EladMartin 

Where did you read about the new watches supporting RTL?

EladMartin
Jogger
HarelFrumkin
Recovery Runner

@EladMartin 

That's an old article from 2019.

It wouldn't say anything about Versa 3 or Sense.

EladMartin
Jogger
HarelFrumkin
Recovery Runner

@EladMartin 

Oh nice. Hopefully it will come to the Sense.

EladMartin
Jogger

Hey fitbit..

You just released new firmware for versa 2 with 6 new languages.......

What about hebrew language?

HarelFrumkin
Recovery Runner

@EladMartin 

So I think I'm officially done with Fitbit.

Just got the Sense. They took a huge step backwards.

Hebrew shows up as question marks.

This is just sad!

Azulay4
Jogger

just bought the new model Sense and was shocked to see that it still do not support notifications in hebrew and it shows signs instead..

there is any patch that going to solve this anytime soon ?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
We would love to see full hebrew support including correct alignment from RTL in all languages with hebrew highest priority
ShaiYomtov
First Steps

Also for Sense

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see notifications format for Hebrew to read from right to left. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just check if the text is in RLT format and set its flow direction from right to left lol, this easy...

Release a firmware update already that fixes it.

MikeGn
Runner

Fitbit API is JavaScript and CSS. 

All these tools supports RTL for a long time.

Fitttt
Jogger

Hellloooo. its 2021..and still no RTL support for fitbit.. why? please provide the support for hebrew language. just add RTL !!! why it take 3 years?! 

Fitttt
Jogger
PLEASE ADD RTL support!!!! rigt to left. there are request from 2017 for this.. 4 years to add simple RTL support! just add the update please.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fitttt, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see notifications format for Hebrew to read from right to left. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.