Offer a "sleep band" that is small/flexible and does full sleep data

I started with a flex, which I had no problems sleeping in. I switched to the Charge HR to get the extra features, and I love those extra features but it's big enough on my wrist that I dislike sleeping with it on. I'd love to upgrade to the ionic for all its features, but it's even larger. It would be great if I could have the option of buying something small and flexible, just big enough to be able to collect sleep data, that I could use when I sleep and that would sync with my fitbit.

12 Comments
1JJ
First Steps

I would find it really useful to have a soft comfortable band for sleeping in. I don't know how much longer I can persevere - had the Charge 2 a week and live it. But finding sleeping in it impossible 

Emma777
First Steps

Have you considered using a different strap? The newer models have change-able straps, and I find the leather one much more comfortable than the silicone. Just a thought!

1JJ
First Steps
Will give that a try thank you. I ended up taking it off last night - It adds to my restlessness and wakes me up ! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone
Emma777
First Steps
Yeah, that's no good! I also found it distracting at first, just by virtue of knowing I had it on. I kept thinking about it instead of sleep. Amazon has a good selection of straps - hope that helps! Good luck 🙂
burns_erin
Tempo Runner

I'm hoping to find a better aftermarket band for sleeping too.

mgb5183
First Steps

I am having the same issue - I've searched all over for a band that is stretchy, soft, or otherwise more comfortable for sleeping. Yes, I know the bands are interchangeable - that's why I bought the thing! But silicone and leather are not meant for sleeping, and why put so much effort into sleep tracking if you're going to wake up in the middle of the night to take off the band?

I even had to turn off the "quick view" feature because it would light up and jolt me. I take great pains to make the lighting in my room very dim and warm before bedtime; it would be nice if my Charge 2 had a "nighttime" light setting, but I'll settle for turning off that function.

At any rate, I'm still hunting for a softer band for sleeping. 😞

abrahamashli
First Steps

I would like to see a softer accessory for keeping the Fitbit on during sleep.  I originally got the device to track my sleep and I have a little trouble wearing it on my wrist when I sleep and I can wear a large wrist band on my ankle but I feel something a little less rigid or a soft pouch with a pocket that could be adjustable so it would fit either the wrist or ankle would really help. 

Moderator edit: labels.

jkahn
First Steps

I love the sleep stage tracking on the Fitbit Alta HR, but I wish there was a stretchy, more comfortable sleep band made for the device.  I find that the band it comes with is not the most comfortable at night.  I would love a band made out of a more cloth like material for this purpose.  I know Fitbit does manufacture a sleep band for the Fitbit one, and I wish there was something similar for the Alta.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Are you wearing it to tight? You should be able to slide a finger or two under the band. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

MrsMML
First Steps

This band is adjustable, fits well for people who have very small wrists. Just a thought.

For Fitbit Charge 2 Bands, Maledan Stainless Steel Milanese Metal Replacement Accessories Bracelet Strap with Magnet Lock for Fitbit Charge 2 HR, Champange Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773BJWY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hMZPAb5SM6943

Oswin
Walker

I would love a soft band for the Alta HR to make sleeping more comfortable while still tracking heart rate and sleep stages

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.