On Device Motivating Greetings/Messages

We should be able to get a greeting when we wake up and throughout the day (I.e when we reach goals and to tell us to take a walk or get moving). Allow fitbit to be a motivational tool.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

28 Comments
ZenCook
First Steps

It's great that we can set multiple alarms, but how about setting a greeting / label with the alarm?

I've also seen lots of feedback about extra characters . . . how about scrolling to allow for more characters instead of just a static display?

DerringDo
Runner

I love getting the little encouraging messages on my One, like Move It, or Love ya.  They're funny, and actually can get me to move around just a bit more.  My problem is I miss half of them.

Generally, I see that the device has lit up, and by the time I glance down, all I see is my name.  Um...  Not quite as encouraging.

I don't know if this would be generally requested, but is there a change that you could reverse how you display this, and say:  "Name!"  then on the second screen "Move it!" ?

I know my name, but would really like to see the message.  Just a thought.  Thanks.

PS  I've moved from 9 years on an Omron Fitness whatever pedometer, with their horrible software and am just annoyed with myself for waiting so long.  I adore the One, and all the ways it tracks what we do. 

Penlover
Jogger
You should update the Fitbit software to allow the Charge to greet you at different times. For example: When the silent alarm goes off, After tapping the Charge to wake it up, etc...
jezperrott
Base Runner

@Penlover wrote:
You should update the Fitbit software to allow the Charge to greet you at different times. For example: When the silent alarm goes off, After tapping the Charge to wake it up, etc...

I had a One but now have a Charge and I really, really miss the greeting it made whenever I picked it up, having taken it off.  It called me by name and that was one of the reasons I bacame so attached to it.  Surely, the Charge could do the same with some interactions, such as tap or movement after a long time still?  It sounds silly, but it adds to the attraction and trying to get it to say something else.  Could be a little motivation.  Sayings could be changed periodically when it syncs.

I really miss it knowing my name! Smiley Happy

MarcusMarcus
Base Runner

That might be kind of neat. When alarm goes off in the morning it could display "Good Morning, Mark". When you complete you step goal it could display "Good Job, Mark", "You did it, Mark" or "Mission Accomplished, Mark". Or if you don't have a certain ammount of steps by a certain time of day it could say "You can do it, Mark".

jezperrott
Base Runner

The One greets you every time you pick it up after it's been off your body for a while.  It's nice to have it say, 'Let's go, Jez!' or 'Hold me, Jez!' or something.  It gave it a little personality.

TeamanDave
Jogger

I have been using my fitbit for over a year now, and still love it.  And, I am starting to use some of the other features that I didn't use before, such as sleep monitoring.  But, I notice that the inspirational greetings are getting a bit old to me.  And, some of the greetings don't quite inspire me. 

I would suggest adding a feature to allow each fitbit user to create a list of their own greetings.  After all, what inspires me might not be what inspires others.  We could access the list from our dashboard and add/change/delete greetings on the list.  The system could then randomly select a greeting from our personalized list as well as from the standard greeting list.

Banana
Recovery Runner

I think the idea of it greeting us when we reach a goal is amazing!!!! They should apply this to the 'one' asap 😄

MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner
Yeah but for ALL devices with a display.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @TeriCamp I think it's a great idea, some personalized greetings could encourage us!

If you have any other great idea, let us know! Keep the stepping  up! Woman Wink

Paul1717
Jogger

I have search messages and posts but don't see anything where someone has asked to add the Greeting feature to the Charge HR.  My wife has one and I wanted to enter our phone number as the greeting as I did with my ONE in case she ever loses it.  It might help get it back if a good samaritan finds it.

Kellsi13
First Steps
I think that they should make an update or something, that our greeting shows up whenever you double click on your charge, because I feel like that would be cool and not just seeing it when u charge it..
TGT
First Steps
I recently found out about a greeting that you can set up on your Fitbit. It's very cute, but I think it should just pop up at other times on the Fitbit, considering you only see it after you unplug it. Maybe a certain message could pop up if you haven't reached a certain number of steps by a specific time of day. Something simple to remind you things during the day would be be nice. Please consider my request. Thank you.
Bellebonn22
First Steps
Make more greetings and not just when u take iff charger and little encouragers to help people who just need that little extra motivation to get more active.
TheEvilPig
Jogger

Let PC's be able to add a greeting to a Fitbit. If is the watch that stops if from adding a greeting message then let Charge HR's be able to have greeting messages!

Moderator edit: format.

Supervalu
First Steps
Hi
Can you extend the number of characters on the greeting so it takes a phone number
In case I lose mine and someone finds it they can phone me to return it
Thank you
777dinogirl
First Steps
When you make a greeting in the settings, the greeting should should show up every time you turn it on.
777dinogirl
First Steps
I think this is a good update, please to an update on Charge so the greeting shows up every time you turn it on
DazzyB
First Steps
I have a gym with an 8 digit code entry. I haven't yet memorised it unit it would be useful to set my greeting as this, but I cannot get it on demand yet...if I could I'd be super happy!
Rae6
First Steps

When I set my Charge HR up, I messed up my greeting and would like to be able to change it, but there is no option available to do so. He is a simple idea for this device! 🙂

Moderator edit: format 

RobbieMac
First Steps

Greetings should appear after you have slept

Moderator edit: added labels 

JxChrono
First Steps
It would be nice and neat if the fitbit greeting was random throughout the day. Just when comming off a charge is kinda neat but kinda whatever at the same time. Would be neat if we could have it greet us or pep talk us throughout day.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Cat Happy Heart

DiDi62
First Steps

I know that the Alta and Charge have what they call "Greerings" which are fun little messages that the user gets. I would love that for my Blaze as well.

Mike-in-Airdrie
Recovery Runner

Please consider adding the morning greeting option to the Ionic.  I just moved from the Charge 2 and I miss the greeting.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.