Only update challenge steps when you sync (or add option to do so)

It would be useful if you could add an option to the challenges so that you can't see the latest step totals without syncing your device (i.e. step totals would be as of your last sync, with a message: "sync to see latest scores" or similar). This wouldn't need to be a blanket change it could be customisable at challenge creation, but it would help in groups where people are purposefully turning their bluetooth off when they open the app so that they can see others' scores without having to reveal theirs.

Some people's answer to this would be not to join challenges in which people do this, but in some cases it can be socially difficult to do so, and my guess is that this would not be too hard a feature to add?

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I think this could be useful for a lot of users who participate in challenges. Keen to hear what others think?

WarStreet
Recovery Runner

You idea is relatively simple to implement and yet very neat and effective. I would say I will not make this optional, since there is no valid reason for not wanting this functionality. If you are checking the scores, then you get the latest update up to your latest sync. If you have your mobile and internet connectivity to check the scores why not just sync to help for a healthy competition. 

Brayla12
First Steps

I have an Inspire 2 and have just purchased the Sense 2. I bought the Sense 2 hoping that I could wear it to work and while exercising but switch to the Inspire 2 (on clip) when going out so I can wear a dress watch. I am incredibly disappointed that it is not possible to add both devices to the Fitbit app. As I can see from previous posts, I am not the only one. I would definitely not have purchased the Sense 2 if I knew this was the case. Can you please explain why the Fitbit developers are not considering this option?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.