Optimize Ovualtion tracker via various input models (BBT, At Home Testing, Medical)

I am wondering if there will be an update of the Women's Health tracker in order to more exactly pinpoint ovulation.  There are various methods medically and in the market where the input of information could give an accurate (or more accurate) picture of ovulation than what is currently an general estimation in the current iteration of the Womens Health feature: Like tracking Basal Body Tempertre (BBT), At home, commercial ovulation testing results over days, or even where you can input from a monitored menstural cycles during fertility testing or actual reproductive assistance cycles.

To really zone in on this particular market feature (the general womens health tracking) I believe that adding this various input options would put FitBit on top of this particular market focus.  I know I purchased the Versa (pre-purchased as a matter of fact) because of the promise of female health tracking.  Ovulation is a pretty major factor in that (not just in conception but also moving into vaious life stages of women--- prevention, early signs of menopause, peri-menopause, etc). 

I hope you all will seriously consider my suggestion 🙂

15 Comments
Allylti
Jogger

A feature of all most every cycle app is ovulation strip tracking. As someone who uses Marquette method, the female health app is useless to me without OPK input. It doesn't even have to be used as part of the algorithm, just somewhere to record the data.

If you want to get fancy though, I'd love to input low, high, and peak as some brands have. Not just LH surge or not.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone @Allylti

I can absolutely see how this would be very useful for users using the same method as you.

Let's take a close look at what other users think about this.

Allylti
Jogger

OPK strips aren't just used for Marquette but also anyone trying to conceive. 

cdb050314
Recovery Runner

I currently use other apps for this as well. And with the addition of fitbit female health tracking, the only thing preventing me from deleting my other apps is this feature. They also will adjust your cycle predictions and fertile window based on the data you input from OPK. Would also be nice if it could sync directly from the clear blue connected app for those with the bluetooth ovulation tests. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Calathea77
Tempo Runner

Until you implement some method of tracking ovulation, the fertility window should be taken off. Fitbit have promised in press releases that this is an ovulation tracker, and that it's accurate as long as you put enough data into it. I've put in a year and a half of cycles and six months of cervical fluid, and it's still out by two days for my ovulation date. If I were relying on this for contraception, I'd be dealing with unwanted pregnancy. It's not an ovulation tracker, it's the Calendar Method, which has been obsolete for decades. 

Allylti
Jogger

I would put out that you should never rely exclusively in an app as contraception even if they do implement OPK input. That puts it in the realm of being a medical device. It SHOULD be able to be a one stop shop for recording information though. Even with an accurate ovulation tracker, a proven FAM method should also be used.

Aggs
First Steps

The new "Female Health" is great but, it is not accurate with it's predictions.

Please add the feature that lets a woman add BBT.

The ability to edit ovulation dates would also be useful. Here is why for both:

I logged 4 (past) months of data into the app and for each month it has given me an incorrect ovulation date. I track ovulation with OPK's and know what my dates are suppose to be. Adding the ability the edit ovulation dates, based on OPK or BBT tracking or otherwise, would be a useful feature. It certainly would override the incorrect predictions that are given.

If this is being advertised as being able to help women understand their cycle, or use it as family planning, incorrect dates is an egregious flaw in the app. I did have high hopes for the "Female Health" feature but sadly, I feel let down. 

LionBarz
Recovery Runner

The new female health update in the app is great. Whilst I appreciate it's new, as someone who is trying to conceive, I think it could benefit from a bit more basic info for ovulation. Three features being:

• Ovulation test results
  • Ovulation day assignment
  • Pregnancy test results

I use an external fertility app, but I would love to use the Fitbit one - disparate systems and all that!

Beetree
Base Runner

Yes. Please add a feature to allow us to enter BBT and chart it. This is s great way of monitoring overall female health, not just for pregnancy. Until then it’s really only useful for knowing when my last period was which I could easily do with a calendar or note app 

Eg-questions
Jogger

If you want to actually track ovulation, you have to do it with basal temperature information! Is like the most important data of all! There is no prediction without it or ovulating test strips. Just hunches following average information dating from 2 centuries ago...

There are trackers that already track HR and basal temperature, we have to use them by night in our arm! If you would take this step it would be awesome, and a major sale point!!! Doing it all with one device! Fabulous. Also, it would mean the world to female health information, that is sooo little addressed. But very glad to see you starting to do the walk!

Also would like to know if in the future the plan is for Fitbit to cross HR and sleep data with the cycle information or if we will have to analyze them on our own? Like at the end of the cycle, generating a report stating that the rest HR in follicular phase was x and deep sleep average was x and you were awake x, etc... the same in luteal phase. Even if not detecting a pattern, it would help us detecting it, especially in terms of trying to anticipate ovulation by 24 to 48 hours, that is the true goal of fertility tracking.... It´s not new on the market, but all at one device would certainly close the deal since now we have to do both separately, either exercise and general health of female health and fertility tracking.

Thank you

jiuzgirl07
First Steps

One if the reasons I’m using Fitbit is to get to know my body better with HR monitoring and sleep tracking. I’m also trying to conceive. I appreciate the fertility tracking part of the app. What I really need is BBT tracking. I understand that’s not available yet, but a place to chart it in the app would be better than nothing. Also, it would be much more accurate to be able to put in results of OPK’s and HGC tests. I would love to not have to use an external app for all of this and see my results in one place. 

Robocarrot
Stepping Up

I would suggest that the female health portion sinc with other developed apps, like it does with food tracking etc. I suggest Kindara since it's popular and has a Bluetooth bbt thermometer connected to it .

opalkt
First Steps

For the female cycle tracking, it would be great to be able to add your own data if you are tracking your fertility!  Many women monitor LH strips, or other methods, so you should be able to enter yourself when you ovulate.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.