Option to Set Weekly Goal instead of Daily

As life is pretty unpredictable & varied day to day, I would like to be able to change all of my current targets (calories, steps, active minutes etc) to weekly targets, instead of daily. Of course some people might prefer daily, so I'm suggesting this as a multiple choice option. 

For me it would allow me to make the targets a bit higher overall, knowing that if then work has got in the way during the week, I can then try (if I choose) to make up the numbers at the weekend & achieve my set targets!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & Labels

Gus Alston
6 Comments
Daykin
Stepping Up

An excellent idea & very suitable for normal people. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @alstongus.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I could see how this could be useful for users that have ever changing schedules or for instances were something happened.

Let's see what others think about it.

Farwah
Jogger

This will be very useful for the active minutes goal. Some days I work till late or have too much going on for exercise. Or I'll go to yoga and my heart rate won't be high enough for long enough to count as active minutes. I usually make up for these kind of days when I put in a long run over the weekend. So overall I meet the goal for the week but my fitbit will count my fitness score based on my daily targets that weren't met. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I love the idea of having the option to set weekly or daily goals. It would be a lot easier to reach goals because some days are more active and some are not because of the nature of our work or other activities (like family parties, which may be active or sedentary).

Kita.f
First Steps

This is a great it idea. It would be cool to be able to have both running concurrently so that there was a averaged out version of what you still need to do to daily to hit the overall weekly  goal that adapted to what you've done. 

ajop33
First Steps

I agree with weekly goals as well.  My thought is acknowledging weekly goals when they are achieved even when the daily might not be.  For example my daily step is 10,000 but with all the travel I do and daily life that gets in the way sometimes I might do 17,000 in a day and only 5,000 the next day but I always beat my 70,000 weekly goal should still be acknowledged and count.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.