Option to choose different voices for Mobile Run cues

In the latest app update you have changed the voice cue please can you change it back or add an option to choose different voice cues when you’ve been used to the same voice cue for several years it’s like losing an old friend i now find myself not wanting to use the new app update 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StevoT, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option to choose previous voice for the voice cue commands, with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SuePM
Jogger

Agree totally. Was like losing an d friend. Would rather have an old version of the app if I can get him back. The opportunity to chose voice cues would be great

CaroJane
Recovery Runner

I totally agree and want the old voice cue back with option to change. Don't take away too many personal choices please - best user experience means it should stay flexible and sadly, having recently upgraded to the Versa 2 - I'm slowly becoming a little disenchanted..

Nilaatil
First Steps

I find the female voice so robotic and annoying that I'm considering going back to Nike+ Running. It's almost as bad as Samsung Health voice

SandraMelo
First Steps

Totally agree, please add back the voice clue option. I was very pleased with the previous voice and it’s frustrating not having it anymore.

Lambsey
Jogger

Hate the new voice!  Can't hear what he is saying, totally miss the female voice as she was clear and concise, his is a mumble!

Andycg
First Steps

Agreed - was this an iOS update impact or latest Fitbit update that caused issue? If iOS why should Fitbit change, or if Fitbit then why not inform all on changes pre update so WE (your customers) can decide on whether WE wish to loose such capability?

in theory based on your pushing for ‘user’ enhancement board etc, are you saying this ‘change’ was requested and agreed by you?

Personally I’d prefer for iOS that you simply  linked to Siri voice selection options (don’t need to use Siri but options already exist).

kenickie125
First Steps

Totally agree, I don’t like the new voice and wish I could change it back!

CaroJane
Recovery Runner

Whilst exercising, my voice cue just unexpectedly returned to the dulcet tones of a clearly spoken gent. Thank you! Anyone else have the same? Maybe something to do with the IOS update?

ChasH1
First Steps

The mail voice is rubbish and difficult to understand very muffled not clear when there is road background noise. Please give me the choice of voice. The female voice was so much better. I will need to find another app to use with clearer voice prompts 

SaravanaKumar
Jogger

In the previous version of Fitbit Ionic app, we used to have a female voice cues that was very dynamic. In the new version the voice cues has been changed to male, without providing an option to change it. The female voice cues was much better, dynamic and louder than the male voice cues. Either you should roll back to the old voice cues or provide an option to change it based on preference.

CaroJane
Recovery Runner

Whilst I'm happy that my voice cue has gone back to a male, not everyone is happy about it. The message should be clear that we all want to have the option of choosing like we used to be able to. Please, it shouldn't be that difficult to have one male and one female voice? Please don't take away the male version again!

katiepai
Jogger

My app voice suddenly changed from female to male and sounding something akin to a 1950’s BBC announcer! I had a female voice before which was much better. I hate the male voice - please give us a choice of voices - Apple do !! 

shoeb
Jogger

Agree. Please return the old voice back or provide options to select the Voice.

Current voice is too mechanical/artificial in nature.

Any specific reason why the voice was changed ?

Lou9299
First Steps

I agree, the new male voice is so dull and boring. If it’s not changed then I’ll be looking to use a different app. Please bring back the female voice or give your users a choice!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.