Option to remove family account tile

I love my Fitbit, but I do not love the last update!  I don’t have any children, nor do I have any interest in adding anyone to my device.  Please remove this from my app!  Or make it separate in the features.  I find it obnoxious and there is zero ability to turn it off or delete it or make it just go away.  Which would be totally awesome!  Thank you in advance for considering those of us who have no interest in seeing or using that option.

NOTE: This will not allow me to upload my screenshot.  

25 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this idea with us @artschoolprof

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I must be missing something @artschoolprof while i created a family account, on the Android dashboard or Fitbit.com i do not have a family tile. 

I do notice that i have the option to delete the family account. 

Here is a link that could help with images such as a sxreenshot 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post 

Alicat2104
Hill Runner

Or if not remove it, at least move it to the bottom of the screen so those of us who don’t have a use for it don’t have to see it. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Tiles on the dashboard are easily moved around. 

However since fitbitFnever added a tile to my android or Fitbit.com dashboard and there are 3 more different dashboards available I wonder which one is being talked about

artschoolprof
Stepping Up

Thanks for the replies @Rich_Laue and @Alicat2104.  However, I am on an iPhone and don’t use the desktop dashboard.   As for the link to add images, my Safari (nor Chrome) browsers appear with that dialog box on my phone.  However, I will install the desktop later this evening.  I never received a dongle with my Fitbit Alta, and the dongle from my old Flex doesn’t work, so I’ll give it a whirl nonetheless.  Thanks for the tips.  

LaurieWNY
Jogger

Actually, I complete agree about removing the create family option.  For those that have no need, or even worse, do not or cannot have children, this is rather an insensitive option that's right in your face.  Move it  further down, or at least give user option to remove it. 'Set up Ace for Kids' implies just that:  kids.  Newsflash - not everyone has small children.  Please add option to remove.

LaurieWNY
Jogger

The latest update includes a 'create family account'.  For those that have no need, or simply do not or cannot have children, this is rather an insensitive option that's right in your face.  Move it  further down, or at least give user option to remove it. 'Set up Ace for Kids' implies just that:  kids.  Newsflash - not everyone has small children.  Please add option to remove.

Moderator Edition: Format 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I don't see the problem. how often does the user go into the settings menu? Is it really that hard to simply ignore? 

What i find weird as a registered Male user, i have the option to add Female health tracking. Does Fitbit know something i don't know? 

Here again i simply ignore this if i ever go into the edit mode .Screenshot_20180610-120105_Fitbit.jpg

@artschoolprof pictures can be added through almost any browser through almost any device. The photo above i added through my phone, and i have seen many posts where iosIphone users have added screen shoots. 

Pm me and i will try and helo

I complegely agree and would love this. 

@artschoolprof wrote:

I love my Fitbit, but I do not love the last update!  I don’t have any children, nor do I have any interest in adding anyone to my device.  Please remove this from my app!  Or make it separate in the features.  I find it obnoxious and there is zero ability to turn it off or delete it or make it just go away.  Which would be totally awesome!  Thank you in advance for considering those of us who have no interest in seeing or using that option.

NOTE: This will not allow me to upload my screenshot.  

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I have looked and can not find a Family tile in the dashboard. even thou iIdo have a family account. 

Before made a family account, the only option under serrings was to create a family account .

I'm wondering if someone could post a screen shot of this family account tile that is found on the dashboard. 

To me the oprionoto create a family account is easy to if ignore, especially since it is under settings. 

CoulterJames
Base Runner

+1 for this suggestion - I also want the ability to delete or remove the "Create Family Account" option in the app.

LaurieWNY
Jogger

Can we please have the option of disabling or removing the Create Family Account????  For those that have no need, or even worse, do not or cannot have children, this is rather an insensitive option that's right in your face.  Move it  further down, or at least give user option to remove it. 'Set up Ace for Kids' implies just that:  kids.  Newsflash - not everyone has small children.  Please add option to remove.

Moderator edit: clarified subject

ShannonMcG
First Steps

Artschoolprof's request is well stated--the family account option should be optional or removed. Having the option is good for families, but it is not something that should be required for all users. It's not on the dashboard where it could be hidden or removed. It's in Account settings, where it cannot be hidden.

For those who are arguing they have to endure the period app, you can hide it. That said, Fitbit, maybe dashboard and account items should be optionally added. It's good to know some features are available, but they could be made aware throufh an email or an option notice that appears for certain ages or genders rather than automatically added.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm really bewildered about this suggestion,

First there is no family tile that can be put on the users dashboard

Second to access the family tile one must go to the the users settings then tap on the family link.

Most people go to the user settings maybe once or twice, and it is rather easy to ignore the family link. Yes I know it is there, and yes I did setup an imaginary child, but for the few times I have since gone to settings I haven't even noticed the link. 

sarah654
Recovery Runner

Since Fitbit have created the idea of a family account, every time you look at your profile  in the app immediately below your name there is a "Create Family Account" bar, with set up Ace for Kids and a picture of a happy family of Mum, Dad and 3 kids.  there is no way at present to hide this.

As it stands this is incredibly insensitive.  Some of us so not have partners, or have same sex partners.  Many of us don't have kids either through choice or circumstance (including inability). 

This is just rubbing happy families into our noses.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sarah654, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@sarah654  your looking at you settings page, you still need to click on your name to get to your profile.

sarah654
Recovery Runner
yes i know
josie1
Jogger

Please please can the '"Create Family Account" feature be removed? Every time I go to set my alarm it's there, reminding me of things I don't want to think about. It's completely insensitive.

LizaLou13
First Steps
In the account settings for the mobile app there's an option to "Create Family Account: Set up Ace for Kids". It's fine to show this prompt when you're setting up the app, but I'm single and don't have kids so I would like to be able to dismiss it so I don't see it every time I go to account settings.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LizaLou13, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to dismiss "Create Family Account" prompt. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

emsie123
First Steps

3 years and this feature is still here? Why?
I’ve just got a fitbit and after a year in a pandemic of being on my own, I don’t like a constant, unnecessary reminder of being alone.

Especially when the rest of the app is targeting ‘wellness’ and ‘mindfulness’. 

Can’t it be moved elsewhere?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm buy myself, and at one time had setup a family account, Simply to try the Ace, but since have removed both. 

I never see anything about not having at requests to setup a family account. 

Since I setup the alarm on the tracker, I'll ask my sis to setup an alarm through the app. 

JL88
Jogger

I agree, having this constantly at the top of the screen in the app is irritating. I *do* have a family and I *did* set up accounts for my kids and its *still* there.

Everything about the family feature is annoying in the app. 

JL88
Jogger

I agree. I did set it up and it's still prompting me. It's irritating. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.