Options to down vote on Product Feedback board

There should be an option to downvote feature suggestions as well as to upvote them.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

8 Comments
Status changed to: Existing Feature
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Weezer1980, thanks for sharing your suggestions. To vote for a suggestion: Click on the thumbs up icon. If, at any point in the future, you change your mind, you have the option of revoking your votes. Note that you can't vote on comments made by other users, just the original idea. Hope this helps, see you around.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Weezer1980 thanks for sharing this idea. I'm curious how/why you want to down vote rather than just not vote? Are you wanting to express greater influence on ideas you really disagree with for example? Would be great to get a better sense of why you want this and how you see this impacting feature suggestions. I think it's an interesting idea but could create negativity too? Keen to hear your thoughts.

Jayvee4221
First Steps

Hi lizfitbit, suggestion to add biking or cycling to track GPS. Please thank you

WallyWalrick
Runner

@LizFitbit

I think it could be not wanting the developers to waste their time on suggestions that may not be necessary.
Down voting has been removed from a lot of forum systems, it does seem to help reduce negativity when down voting is removed. Personally not a fan of adding the feature but I understand the want for it.

An interesting twist to the feature suggestions could be to add an importance level (1-5 5 being really important), not just a thumbs up.

So you may like an idea and it might get thousands of thumbs up but you don't really care if it gets added. Instead you're really hoping for other suggestions that have less votes.
Might be interesting to see the difference between importance and popularity
Suggestion 1 - 3000 thumbs up, 2500 are 1, 200 are 2, 300 are 3.
Suggestion 2 - only 500 thumbs up but all are 5's.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a down vote option. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Blazing405
First Steps

I love that there is a place to go to make suggestions and have users vote on the ideas of others. I'd like to suggest you add a Thumbs Down to the voting to better judge the reactions of those voting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Blazing405. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about changing the voting to thumbs Up/Down on the Feature Suggestions board with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Blazing405, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to options to down vote on Feature Suggestions. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.