Overlay (combined) Graphs (active minutes, heart rate and sleep)

It would be great to add an option in which you can view two plots overlaid to see patterns. If it could be added to mobile app, that would be fantastic, but it not- perhaps the web?

For example- right now, I can see my heart rate over a week or month... but it would be informative to be able to see that graphic, overlaid with my total hours of sleep... if they seem to track up or down together, that would be helpful to know! 

This could be extended to most of the other data collected:

Overlay number of active minutes with heart rate

Overlay day of menstrual cycle with heart rate

Overlay day of menstrual cycle with hours of sleep

Overlay of number of active minutes with hours of sleep

Etc. 

Basically, a graphing option where you can select two plots to show at once. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. It would be interesting to see a graph with two plots to see patterns. Keen to hear what others think?

Marlenlz
First Steps

I would very much appreciate if there was the capability to display in one graff the heart rate and sleep information.

BeFitter
First Steps

The ability to combine graphs to show multiple stats over time would be extremely helpful.  For example, I’d be interested in seeing separate lines for my calorie intake,activity, and weight over time.

RB66
First Steps

This would be VERY useful for me.  I'd like to plot together slept hours per day with lean mass per day.  Anedoctaly, I'm seeing more lean mass growth when I sleep more;  I'd like to see this in a plot that combines both my slept hours (from Charge2) and lean mass (from Aria2).  Since the Fitbit app already tracks and plots the data independently, the only thing missing seems to be a feature in the app that allows plotting things from a list of plottable data.

PotterB
Walker

I agree 100%. I'll admit I'm a data geek. More tools to analyze trends would be helpful. I think a lot of the metrics would correlate if we had more tools. Including custom time spans and adding in an average dashed line in a lot of the graphs.

GalloIgnacio
Jogger

I was all excited to stop wearing my girlfriends Apple Watch and to start wearing my Fitbit charge 3 to bed only to find out that there is no HR overlay like the Sleep Watch app displays. Can’t believe they haven’t implemented this. It would be so easy to do. I’m not hopping back and forth to separate sleep and HR screens. That is ridiculous. Would be easier to buy an Apple Watch...

Excalibur40
First Steps

it would be nice to see detailed data merged. like heartrate and sleep, or heartrate and activity, or all three

and it would be nice to be able to zoom in on a specific portion of the day making both graph axes configurable

LucV
Jogger

Yes , I think it would be great to keep track of daily blood glucose and ketones ,carb , fat , weigh, protein consumption heart rate sleep exercise and so on.  ....Then download the Excel graph that shows all the data in relationship to each other AND have a calculation to find any  correlation between  datalines in a given period of time.

TMex
Recovery Runner

Another vote for iFit.

Cromana
Jogger

Overlaying graphs would be great, I've been manually scaling graphs for sleep stages, HR rate and the sleep O2. This lets me see which HR spikes are from REM sleep and if there are any unusual ones for example.

BarbPburg
Jogger

I have a NordicTrack Bike using iFit and was very disappointed that my Fitbits do not integrate with it.

Unless this is resolved quickly, I will be looking at other fitness watches that do and will being leaving the Fitbit community and recommending my Fitbit friends do the same.

In this day and age, one would think that exercise equipment integration to smart watches would be at the top of your list.

I find it frustrating to go to the gym and not have my Fitbits recognize my workouts, even when they are selected on the watch and started correctly and no HR monitoring at times.

There must be better watches out there and I am currently going to be doing an active search for something better than what is offered by Fitbit.

Zippy21
Jogger

I now see a national retailer of your (Fitbit) devices now sells a deep assortment of Nordictrack products featuring the iFit App. Based on the research I have done, Nordiactrack is the #1 name in home fitness equipment. It would only make sense that with many GYM and workout facilities closed or highly restricted due to the national pandemic for Fitbit to invest time and effort to create a partnership. It would appear you could have a competitive edge over other fitness tracking devices and reach a much broader audience. Urgency should be applied as traditionally exercise type purchase increase at the start of a new year. 

I have been a loyal Fitbit user since your first offering (the BIT/ pedometer) and hope you take me and the numerous preceding passionate comments seriously and share this with your leadership to take diligent action.

Warm Regards

Rick J

BarbPburg
Jogger
link fitbit and iFit asap!!!

--
*Barb*
BarbPburg
Jogger

Definitely get fibit and iFit linked asap.  /would love to use my fitbit while cyling for hr etc.

Firehanger
First Steps

Yup, fitbit totally needs the ability to overlay sleep data metrics on a single graph. 

I use blended data visualisation all the time in my job to provide business insights, and it would be great to see this for my fitbit data too.

Also, and I accept this is a slightly different ask, it would be really good to be able to swipe left on each advanced sleep data chart to quickly compare with previous nights. 

Annaemmie
Jogger

I’d like to see lots of different data overlayed (many the same as comments above) including heart rate and menstrual cycle. Fitbit could even offer heart rate data as a fertility prediction tool. 

Lisadwbb
First Steps

Being able to overlay two or more metrics' data for direct comparison over the course of a week, month, or any span of time would be incredibly helpful to pinpoint trends and possible causation. If I could overlay menstrual health and resting heart rate, I might notice trends over time that are difficult to otherwise see. Exercise, sleep, heart rate, menstrual health; all of these would be great overlay options.

Please consider!

AkivaLiberman
Jogger
Allow multiple sleep metrics to be looked at simultaneously, maybe overlaid, so that one case see (on a daily basis): Did my heartrate spike before or after I woke up? Did I wake up after snoring? Did my blood oxygen vary along with my heart rate? Was that heart rate spike that I see during REM, or afterwards? etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AkivaLiberman, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to overlay sleep graphs with others like heart rate and oxygen. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in this suggestion: Move EOV graph directly below Sleep Stages Graph in App.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Mbruffett
First Steps

Can you put two features like heart track and track sleep 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mbruffett, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see overlay or combined graphs of heart rate and sleep data. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Iwearsocksforu
First Steps

I would very much like to see this feature added, but it seems like this is unlikely since nearly 4 years has passed from the original suggestion.

Can someone confirm if this idea has been officially rejected or simply ignored?

I'd also like to see sleep vs weight (or actually bodyfat percent)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.