Permanent heart rate display during workout

As a workout enthusiast I would like to view my heart rate on my Charge HR throughout my workout without having to hit the side button.  I would like to see an option that can be set to "keep display on during workouts".

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

444 Comments
Dot123
Jogger

I, too, would like to be able to have the heart rate continously displayed during exercise.  It is quite inconvenient have to scroll through the menu to get to the heart rate while running or exercising.

mandylee
Recovery Runner

Agreed--lets all tweet it to them!

mandylee
Recovery Runner

Really!  What were they thinking when designing this???

paleksi
Jogger
Yes I also have bought the Fit Bit HR for that reason thinking it would continuously display my heart rate !!! During my work out , Would be awesome if we had this option .. Please Fit Bit work on it .
Scooter70
Jogger

I agree with the above.  When working out, I would prefer to just glance down and see heart rate without pressing any buttons or double-tapping the band.

SUGIANT
Jogger

I bought the HR to replace my polar watch and so I didn;t have to wear a chest band. I have a heart condition and I need to monitor my heart rate during work outs. I would like the ability to have the HR, or any of the stats, dipslayed continuously on my fit bit. Also, I have noted that the app on my iphone does not allow you to see HR or steps during activity tracking, I'd like to see that changed also. These are features I would expect and am disappointed that they aren't there. Other wise it's great:)

t0nyab
First Steps
I agree. I feel like i still have to wear my polar watch and band. It is frustrating.
Daggnar
Recovery Runner

I support this idea !

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is an awesome idea, especially if you are doing a timed workout. We'll  be sure to relay your idea on to the team for consideration.

arreis
Base Runner

A lot of people have requested a way to keep the display on continuously, even at the expense of battery life. I'd like that too, but I especially want to call attention to the request here for showing HR and steps on the app during activity tracking. I'd love to have this feature!

ABARVA
First Steps

Constantly displaying HR while execising would be great.  I thought I was going to be able to replace my Polar chest strap and watch with this.  Please add this feature.  Thank you.

jkbuckethead
Jogger

Great idea, but not of much value until they fix the Charge HR accuracy issue.  I use a chest strap and CHR.  The CHR is consistently 30-40 beats low during exercise.  That would be a problem if you're using the CHR to stay under a max HR.

Fitzhemingway
Walker
+1! Have to have this! Occasionally I've been working out and my heart rate monitor has slipped to the side or slightly down and is reading low. I can adjust it if I know this is happening, but I can't keep stopping to hit the button. I don't care about battery life being reduced, just want it always on during exercise mode.
spgusz
Jogger

This is probably the biggest feature missing that I was looking for.  The routine I'm currently on has 30 second rests between sets.  It would be great if I could just look down and view the timer.

Maex
Jogger

Absolutely support that idea! Currently unfortunately th Charge HR is quite useless during cardio workouts, where you would need to see at least the current heart rate shown either in the app or permanently on the display - best would however be to see both current heart rate and a graph with with an overview of the HR during this workout and the heart rate zones...

Offbeatmammal
Base Runner

I've not compared HR accuracy to my Polar with a chest strap (might dig that out and have a play) but I would like the ability to keep the HR showing for longer periods of time... perhaps if I'm in "exercise" mode and toggle display to HR it would stay on until I switch away (or stay on for a minute vs the usual few seconds)

cubajz
Jogger

Agree!

nbblay
First Steps

I vote for constant HR display during exercise! 

KD13
First Steps

I thought this is what I was buying - a continous display of HR.

This should be an option to select, dissapointed its not.

KarynWms
Stepping Up

I am finding that my Charge HR is recording my right HR when I check it. I really would like to have a continuous readout so I don't have to keep opening up the HR display. This would be better if this would be optional, though.

mhoneal
Recovery Runner

If they can't make it display all the time, I would at least like to be able to set it to vibrate when you cross the different heart rate thresholds.  Also, on the phone, once you are in the exercise log mode using the stopwatch you can no longer see your heart rate on your phone.  It would be great if they could make the software better accomodate this new feature.

Karjar
Recovery Runner
I set my heart rate to show on double tap. Not ideal but instantly available. Constant display would wear the battery down as well.
parkiwi
First Steps

Yes i want HR to be on full time if i want it, any of the features really.

HaSi
First Steps

I support this idea !!!

o_o
Jogger

This would be great, This is precisely what I THOUGHT HR would do .... I am unplesantly surprised that it doesn't... 😞

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.