Please add HIIT to the Activities

Now that HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) has become so mainstream, I'm surprised that when I search for that activity "Oops, we can't find that" is the only result I get. I even tried spelling the whole thing out and nothing comes up still.  The closest thing I've been able to find is "Cardio Sculpt", which is somewhat similar, I guess, but HIIT definitely burns more calories than Cardio Sculpt alone because it's a full-body workout.  HIIT is my main workout routine, and I know MANY others that do it as well.  Please add HIIT to the Activities that are available!!  I have the original Charge.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

27 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @JacquiP68 ! We look forward to hearing what other community members think.Smiley Happy

abseht
Jogger

Hello! I`m totally agree with the topic starter

Marc_not_Mark
Recovery Runner

I've never owned the Charge so I can't say what different types of workouts are present on the tracker (I thought they would all be the same for every device)....

But for my Ionic I use the interval workout for HIIT training, the only issue I have with this is that you can only set the Move/Rest time periods in the phone app itself. It would be nice to be able to set these on the watch.

Syemyim
Recovery Runner

If only the HR was consistent and accurate during HIIT ...

afrazier
First Steps

Training for the Spartan Race and yesterday I went for an hour long hike. My Fitbit didn’t track any exercise, it got my steps but that was it. I had to manually put it in, which isn’t really the same. I have also noticed it won’t track HIIT or CrossFit exercise either even though my heart rate is way up. Need to track these things so I know where I am at!

Shnbrgs11
First Steps

The app definitely needs this.  HIIT primarily focus on HIIT and have so much frustration when I can’t log my particular activity.  May also consider adding intervals to like the treadmill, stair master, and other cardio machines as well.  

Thunderbirdblue
First Steps
Could we please have HIIT workouts in the exercise categories
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thunderbirdblue, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see add HIIT to the Activities. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Kayxd
First Steps

I too dont understand why there isnt a HIIT option or a CrossFit option. 
Its almost 2021. Come on y'all CATCH UP! 

I almost want to buy an iPhone so I can get an Iwatch because they have superb option on the watch. Fitbit needs dramatically improve!!!!!!!! 

Kayxd
First Steps

And ADD ROWING! 

RachSF
First Steps

I bought my FitBit so that I can track HIIT sessions and I'm really disappointed to find out that it can't track them. It's promoted as one of the best activity trackers, yet can't track HIIT which is really common these days! 

SGMike
First Steps
Enable ability to put second settings for HIIT workout.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SGMike, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more options for HIIT workout. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Grizzly77
First Steps

Yes, I would like to be able to track HIIT. I do CrossFit and never know which setting to use to count calories, etc. 

MichaelJO
Base Runner

I also do HIIT training. At a minimum, a HIIT exercise should display instantaneous heart rate. I find that my heart rate climbs high very quickly, within 30 seconds but the tracker lags behind about 10 seconds. While it does finally display the peak heart rate this happens after my actual heart rate has already dropped by 10 or more beats per minute. So it appears that the Charge 4 tracker can see the actual heart rate but is attempting to smooth it out for some reason. Please implement instantaneous heart rate readings.

rollinc
First Steps

I have the Versa Lite and I'm still don't have an option of logging my exercise in as HIIT.  I do it 5-6 days a week.  Is this going to be a possibility? I think it's an exercise that is here to stay. Right now I only have the option of logging it in as aerobic exercise.  Thank you!

rollinc
First Steps
I have searched through suggestions and run across this suggestion a couple of times but it appears this option has not been added - at least not for the Versa Lite. Would love to have this as an option since I do 5-6 HIIT classes a week. Thank you!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rollinc, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add HIIT to the Activities list. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Kate_01
Jogger

I agree with the topic writer, and that HIIT should be a recognised form of exercise. 

VeronicaR9
First Steps

I just got my luxe and was really frustrated trying to log my HIIT workout. There is such a wide variety of option from traditional weights and treadmill to more surprising lawn mowing and shooting. I think it’s time to consider adding HIIT if you have taken the time to add the far more obscure options.

dadms
First Steps

Clearly this was suggested 2 years ago and it's still not an option to add HIIT workouts. How long does it take to get something added?

angela17
Jogger
HIIT was an exercise category until at least Jan 19, 2022. As of this week (Jan 24, 2022), I can no longer categorize an exercise as HIIT. Please bring it back.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @angela17, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back HIIT exercise as a shortcut. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

angela17
Jogger
HIIT was added - but then recently removed. It needs to be added back!
Y3e
First Steps
I just got my Fitbit luxe two days ago and am surprised to find out that HIIT is not one of the options. I had read from others who was recommending adding HIIT to one of the exercise manual as early as 2019. I am surprised that it is 2022 now that this feature is still not added. Very disappointing...
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.