Please add ING Bank to Fitbit Pay (The Netherlands)

Dear Fit Bit Pay responsible,

For all NL users of your Fitbit Ionic, could you please make sure only ONE bank in our country is contracted as soon as possible? Preferably this is ING Bank, the biggest one in The Netherlands with > 8 million (private) clients (= 47% of the population). 

Without any Dutch bank the whole feature is useless, so please TAKE ACTION if you want to increase your customer satisfaction that is currently dropping dramatically...

Kind regards,

Maud

The Netherlands. 

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification 

152 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

would love to see rabobank or SNS added

Heimdaal
Recovery Runner

Guys 

please add the Dutch banks. 

Regards 

danny 

S1pko
Stepping Up

Please add ABN AMRO 😳

Heimdaal
Recovery Runner
I think we need all Dutch banks. I cannot understand why it’s a problem.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone
jaapoost
Jogger

ING or Bunq would be great.

Heimdaal
Recovery Runner
Everyone naming there own bank 🙂

Why not all banks. Or maybe work via Ideal ?

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Exactly
In my experience they all work nicely together in many areas. So why not on this feature?

Sent from my iPhone
Heimdaal
Recovery Runner
I am trying to set up an account with boon by wire card. I am thinking I can set up an account in the UK and top up with my Dutch credit card

Sent from my iPhone
Danddilion
First Steps

I've been waiting with buying the Fitbit Versa till payments are made possible within the Netherlands. Been waiting quite a while now, hahaha. But once it's possible, I'll definitely head out and buy myself a Fitbit. 

@Heimdaal

I tried it as well with the French .Boon account as this is in Euro's and you don't have the exchange rate.

The set up works perfectly the only problem is that its only supported by MasterCard and not Maestro so I couldn't pay in any of the Dutch stores. So when I had my trip to Paris it worked like a charm! It's fast, easy to use just perfect! but deleted as i did had any purpose anymore, after 3 months of a tryout account you have to pay a monthly fee. if it had worked in the Netherlands it was definitely worth it to pay a membership.

Daniel

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Too bad. Good to know

Hope it gets some attention from fitbit very soon

Its 2018...

Sent from my iPhone
Mrhermanjr74
First Steps

Please add ABN AMRO

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the ABNAMRO bank in the Netherlands. 

dennerik
Stepping Up

Any bank is ok.

Note: if fitbit add this option, it will sell a lot of watches. 

MisguidedAre
Jogger
G82
Stepping Up

Just saw an ariticle on a news website that Garmin is introducing Garmin Pay in the Netherlands for their users with Rabobank and ABN Maestro cards, and ICS-users with Mastercards. 

With this feature Garmin is the first smartwatch company to launch the payment feature for their users. After  that I began to search on the website of Rabobank for information about the payment feature.

In a news article on the Rabobank website I found a list of Garmin watches wich will be able to use Garmin Pay:

• Garmin Vivoactive 3
  • Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music
  • Garmin Forerunner 645
  • Garmin Forerunner 645 music
  • Fenix 5S Plus
  • Fenix 5 Plus
  • Fenix 5X Plus
  • D2™ Delta S
  • D2 Delta
  • D2 Delta PX

But now comes the fun part: In a FAQ about payment by smartwatch I found the question: Wich smartwatches will make payment possible? (NL: Met welke smartwatch kan ik betalen?) gave a shorter list of Garmin types, but also named FitBit!:

• Garmin: Vivoactive 3, Forerunner 645, Fenix 5
  • Fitbit: tbc (To Be Considered)

This list can be interpreted different ways, but I think the choice of enabeling Fitbit Pay for Rabobank customors is at Rabobank...

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

As usual, it is all about money. I figured that too (see previous posts).

Mausy
Jogger

@SantiRModerator

You changed the status of my feature suggestion to enable Fitbit Pay in The Netherlands into 'Under Consideration' 3 months ago. How are the considerations going? Can you update us on the progress made please?

dennerik
Stepping Up
Sorry, miss understanding
I did not change a status.
There is not a sign, for fitbit payment in the Netherlands.
Today garmin announced the payment option.

Regards,

--
Erik den Hollander

Just seen on the website of rabobank that the remark “Fitbit: tbc” has been removed and replaced by “for garmin smart watches only”

😞

G82
Stepping Up

They must have seen our comments... Smiley Sad

4pokes500
First Steps

Please, like so many times asked already, add at least one Dutch bank.

The top Dutch Banks are:

- Rabobank

- SNS

- ING

- ABN Amro

add at least one of them. You changed the status of this thread https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-add-ONE-Dutch-bank-The-Netherlands/idi-p/... to under consideration 3 months ago, but there hasn't been any information since then. 

Adding this feature will increase your popularity among Dutch people or at least solve a huge disappointment for your Dutch customers!

Dees2011
Jogger

Please explain us why you launch a fitbit on the Dutch market with an NFC chip in it when you don't work toghether with a Dutch bank.

The bank tells me that they like to work with fitbit pay. So Fitbit..... go for it. Garmin is already working with the Dutch banks. Please consider this also !

r90t
First Steps

Hi, at this point I am considering to buy the Charge 3 and having it w/o Dutch bank's support makes no sense. Do you have any plans to support or it's not yet known?

Lauri-d
First Steps

Just contacted the ING bank and so far they are not working on Fitbit pay. If you use the chat functionality from ING service you can leave a request. Contactless payments are skyhigh in the Netherlands so go for it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.