Please add Nationwide UK bank/building Society to Fitbit Pay

I am considering buying the fitbit versa however it doesn't seem worth it until I can utilize the contactless payments. Please add Nationwide to fitbit pay so I can upgrade my fitbit!

Moderator edit: label.

71 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ninks, nice suggestion. Thanks for adding this famous back to the suggestions.

BethMinger
Stepping Up

I actually was getting used to the new format although I agree that it did seem cumbersome.  The one thing I really did like about the new system was the macronutrient information I really like to track carbs, fat and fiber.  If you could add that back in it would be great!!! Maybe a few changes would be tolerated better than a whole new format.  Thanks for your consideration and hard work.

Tanvinton
First Steps

Please add some more UK banks otherwise do not advertise that the pay is possible, can you not link to visa or MasterCard or PayPal

@ninks wrote:

I am considering buying the fitbit versa however it doesn't seem worth it until I can utilize the contactless payments. Please add Nationwide to fitbit pay so I can upgrade my fitbit!

Moderator edit: label.

JacobC2005
First Steps

I paid a lot for my tracker/watch and the only thing that could improve this would be that they added popular banks for example Nationwide to their fitbit pay range as I buy alot of things with apple pay and i just wish i could use my watch instead

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JacobC2005, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

DaveB5
Recovery Runner

Yes, I need NationWide bank access - something that has been asked for over a year it seems.

And it's very disappointing that the fitbit charge 3 box promotes 'Special Edition' in gold and 'on-wrist payments' boldly on the back. Banks aren't listed on the box or inside. It is only in the very small print on the side that 'Payment availability' has a website link.   Even if it isn't a trade description violation it is insufficiently clear at time of purchase.? 

Can it be made more clear please?

Zuvuyan
Jogger

+1 for nationwide. tried to add card again this week and still not accepted. Fitbit are dragging their heels in regard to support for their loyal uk customers and fitbit pay integration with UK banks!

NathanF1
First Steps

I'm considering an Ionic as an upgrade to my Blaze, but the lack of banks is a deal breaker for me. I spoke to the Facebook Team that assured me community suggestions are acted upon, but looking at the threads on here it seems that's not the case.

Fitbit....is there any sort of ETA, even if its wildly under optimistic, as to when some more useful banks will be added to Fitbit pay??

KakarotWragg
First Steps

I have just bought the Fitbit ionic and I hope they add nationwide soon.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

How about supporting mainstream UK banks?

Apple Pay & Android Pay seem to have sorted it, so no reason why Fitbit can’t.

Would make your smart watch much more compelling. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing the bank options you would like to have with Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Cushion
Stepping Up

My wife tried to talk me into having an Apple Watch I didn’t take her advice as the Fitbit did all I needed, I was wrong, I do feel that Fitbit are miss selling the watch as they say use the watch to purchase anywhere you see the contactless logo which as it turns out uk banks are not signed up to authorise Fitbit payment.   Fitbit are letting uk users down.  Should have got an Apple Watch.  

restlessdan
Recovery Runner

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/give-us-feedback#tab:Giveusfeedback

just fill in this feedback form to request it from nationwide directly.

restlessdan
Recovery Runner

anyone that is in the uk and banks with Nationwide please head over to this site:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/give-us-feedback#tab:Giveusfeedback

fill in the form and tell them that you would like to see this bank added to fitbit pay.

thanks everyone.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @restlessdan, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option for UK and sharing that link.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

restlessdan
Recovery Runner

@YojanaFitbit could i just ask, who actually has the say as to when a bank is added, is it the bank or is it fitbit? or do both have to agree.

Bettrivers
Jogger

Hi, I have noticed not many major UK banks/building society's are in the bank list also there all supported by master card. 

Add more visa visa/debit. 

•  
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bettrivers, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on Fitbit Pay. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

esson
Stepping Up

Hello,

I'd like Nationwide added too.

There's not much support for UK banks at all to be fair.

Stuart71
First Steps

I agree having the Fitbit Versa is all well and good but no good if you want to add Fitbit pay unless you bank with an American based bank. Not really a feature that is useful unless you add UK Based Banks 😫😫😫

Credoboy
First Steps

I have just sent a feedback request form to https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/contact-us/give-us-feedback#tab:Giveusfeedback I will update with the reply as soon as I get one.

N3554
First Steps

Very disappointed to find I am unable to use contactless on my Fitbit Versa. Would welcome the addition of Nationwide bank as an option. I've bought the product; I have add my comments here; I've added my vote; and submitted a feedback form to the Nationwide - done my bit, so over to you Fitbit, what are you doing to progress this?

bryn.gh.t
First Steps

Currently the only bank I have heard of on the UK Fitbit Pay list is Santander. Fitbit's choice of banks for the UK is very limited - what about Nationwide, Halifax, Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, NatWest, RBS, HSBC to name many other of the well used British banks? This would be such a useful feature for me and many others to use with Fitbits in the UK, but unfortunately our banks are just not provided for. Then looking at Fitbit's list for US banks - it's huge! This clearly shows also Fitbit's lack of care and provision for their UK customers, centering their concentration and efforts unfortunately, as ever, in the United States!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bryn.gh.t. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about supporting Nationwide UK bank for Fitbit Pay. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. You might also be interested in these other suggestions:

Barclays Bank for Fitbit Pay

Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

Natwest bank added to Fitbit Pay

As a piece of advice, please try to do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.  That's the best way of keeping the discussion focused and making sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Don't forget to click on thumbs-up to show your support. Keep adding your suggestions.

millyrosej
Jogger

Agree! I have just purchased the Versa 2 and wasn't aware of the very limited number of UK banks that were available on Fitbit pay. One of the expectations I had when buying my fitbit was that I was going to be able to pay with it so that's a shame. I'm also going to query this with Nationwide and raise it as a point to them!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.