Please add Rebounding as a workout category

Hey dear Fitbit team, 

I would like to suggest that 'Rebounding' should be added as a workout category. It is such an effective type of cardio and core workout that is done regularly by hundreds of thousands of people every day. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebound_exercise

Thank you!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

87 Comments
FitAnna13
Base Runner

Dear Fitbit Team

Yes please! Not all of us can run or even walk but we can bounce!

You'd add a whole new demographic to Fitbit! I have a Bellicon and I love it! 

Please, please, please! 

Thank you

Anna

Devote79
First Steps

I agree with 'Rebounding' should be added as a workout category'. To the best of my recollection, fitness certification materials published by accredited certification agencies discuss rebounding as a "mode of exercise". I do not know if there is a formal collective body of evidence to support the health benefits, but I do know there is an overwhelming amount of testimonials stemming from rebounding. Rebounding is a unique type of exercise. And since there are more users everyday, it makes sense to add the category. This will also help the accuracy of how people report their physical activity. For example, it would be difficult without a rebounder for a person to sprint for 1 min. But the rebounder makes it possible which provides a unique caloric expenditure opportunity for this type of exercise. You really won't find that with anything else. Springless, particularly bellicon rebounders will continue to lead the way. -Jamal

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @philok, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option to use Rebounding as a workout category! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LindaRosey
First Steps

I support the request to add rebounding as an activity.  While walking helps to prevent bone loss, rebounding done safely and correctly can help promote bone density - something very critical to the new seniors who are using technology to maintain and improve our health.  

swrobel20
First Steps

Please please please add rebounding. Running is boring. Now bouncing on the other hand...

MrJRH
First Steps

I completely agree. I've been both a runner and used a mini-trampoline for years. It's an excellent form of exercise and there is research out there that shows it can provide a great low-impact cardiovascular workout while improving balance, bone mineral density, lymphatic circulation, etc. It would pair extremely well with the Fitbit.

If anyone's interested, here are some research articles I've found about the benefits:

http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.sports.20160601.01.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29544075

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/b18f/bb40149670594b9ef2a0472f564a0c94cd32.pdf

Take care,

John

BaieBee
First Steps

Please please please add rebounding as exercise tracker option. Part of my daily routine and 100s of thousands of others. Thank you! - BBBrooks

philok
First Steps

Everyone, don't forget to also VOTE! Click on that little thumbs up icon. Thanks!Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 2.11.37 PM.png

EmberSierra
First Steps

Yes please!  I have joint problems that prevent me from running or even walking long distances, but I rebound on a daily basis!  Rebounding has been studied by NASA and has been proven to be more effective than running for cardiovascular health, and increases bone density.  It also pumps your lymph and helps your body detox!  Bellicon forever!!

mmwasinger
First Steps

Dear Fitbit, 

Please add rebounding to your list. With its growing popularity locally and online via Belicon and Lekfit, this should be an option. It looks like child's play but I've never worked so hard, or sweat so much. Rebounding is an amazing option and excellent calorie burner. 

Thank you,

Melanie 

dabberz
Recovery Runner

Also in favor of adding Rebounding as an official Fitbit activity!

Bekabee
First Steps

Please add rebounding. It is the only exercise method that truly motivates me. It would be great to be able to tell the difference between walking running & rebounding on the app!

bobbypb
Stepping Up

I agree, please add rebounding. Love my Bellicon and my Fitbit and would like to see them work well together. Thanks!

Amlahe616
First Steps

Yes please!  As a cancer patient some days movements like running or walking are too much but I can always get on my rebounder

Mgharley
Jogger

Yes please add rebounding as a workout category!

KathleenGijsen
First Steps

Yes, please add rebounding as a workout category. I almost work everyday at my Bellicon, but must always just choose "workout" on my Fitbit...

KarminArmin
Jogger

Yes, please add rebounding! It would be most helpful!

smileykienz
First Steps

Yes yes, please add rebounding!

grizgirls
First Steps

Please add rebounding as a fitness category.  There are classes you can take nationwide as well as online.  It needs to be added.

Jabrat
Interval Runner

Rebounding needs to be added to the list on your Fitbit devices - many many people are now rebounding around the world - as an Admin of the Facebook Rebounding Rocks group and Fitbit groups since 2013 - I see these questions almost posted on a weekly basis as to how to log their rebounding workout - if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me - Rebounding Rocks 🙂 

JMac2020
First Steps

Yes!  Please add rebounding as a fitness category.  I am on the Fitbit website about to purchase the Fitbit Versa 2 but pausing because it doesn't have this important and very current exercise category as an option.  Both my primary care doctor and ENT surgeon recommend rebounding for health, fitness, cardiovascular, lymphatic circulation, stress relief during this pandemic, and it is a very easy exercise on the joints, etc.  Plus, rebounding is so much fun!  How can you not feel like a kid jumping on a trampoline?  Please add rebounding asap.  Thank you.  

CBarbara
First Steps

please add rebounding !

JolandaWalet
First Steps

Welke gebruiken jullie nu om Rebounding in Fitbit4 bij te houden?

salmc50
Jogger

Please add rebounding. Over a 100 votes and would probably get many more if people knew where to vote to help get rebounding added to the exercises!! 

GIGI-STL
Stepping Up

Yes, please add rebounding!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.