Please add ice skating as an exercise option

I'd like to be able to track ice-skating as one of my exercise options.  Perhaps it could be cross referenced with roller blading.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. Ice skating is an awesome activity. Interested to see how many Fitbit users are ice skaters. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Adrusz
Recovery Runner

It would be wonderful to add ice skating as an exercise. I also really recommend add skiing as an exercise. You should think about the winter sport lovers 🙂

Aperel
Jogger

I do artistic figure roller skating, which is Figure ice skate if but on wheels. I skated today but my tracker did not pick it up. I would love to have a feature that tracks skating!

cateeoz
Jogger

Hey Fitbit Moderator, why don't you look at the suggestion titled "Add Roller Blading or Skating/Ice skating as exercise" from 2016, and you'll see what the community think.  I can accurately record my inline skates on Strava, but it's ridiculous that it's not an option on the Ionic, which has an inbuilt GPS.  I currently use the run option on my watch so my time and heart rate is recorded, but the distance is way off because it's obviously based on stride length.

Jayman7
First Steps

On the Fitbit there are only three exersizes than walk, hike, run, swim... I am someone who needs to do do low impact exercises because of a military back injury. I rollerblade and ice skate for exercise yet there is no way on the fit bit to keep track which causes me to have to use the UnderArmor MapMyRun app which does have those exercises on it 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jayman7. Thanks for taking the time to share your idea about adding rollerblade and ice skate to the exercise shortcuts with us! I've moved it into a similar request. You can also check this other suggestion, post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Aperel
Jogger

Would love to know any updates on adding ice/roller skating of any kind to FitBit.

Lasoeurvolante
Recovery Runner

Do you plan to add Ice Skating in the future?

And if not ...what is the best way to track it for now? Jogging maybe?

Habashee
First Steps

Why has there been any progress in this since 2019?

Please update its simple change to add an activity when you have so many.

I really like my Fitbit Versa 2 but if my friends are able to track their skating on other watches, my Fitbit will have to become redundant.

MyBigMac
Jogger

I live in Canada so outdoor Ice skating is something I do a lot!  I've been skating on an outdoor oval ice surface that's been made on top of an outdoor 400m running track, so each loop I skate of the oval should be 400m.  I set my FitBit Versa exercise to Running since there is no skating exercise option, and I also set it to track .40m loops and it seemed to do it correctly for the first time, and the next day it changed back to 1km distances.  How can I set my run/skating laps to ,40m loops and have it stay and not have to reset every day?

Rkultti
First Steps

Yes, please add ice skating as an option!

STC88
Jogger

Agreed.  Would love to see this option. 

AnnMar
Stepping Up

I'm a big fan of rollerblading and ice skating. And having that option in the workout list would be really great. Currently I have to either choose just workout or biking. But neither of these are quite correct. 
I would absolutely love it if we could have this as an option. 

OldScottishGuy
First Steps

I hate going to the gym, and pretty much any form of exercise except biking and skating. I skate twice a week doing relatively fast laps around our local rinks in seniors sessions, for as much of the year as we have ice on the rinks. It would be great to be able to register skating as a form of exercise. Please….

Ak1980
Jogger

From 2016 to 2023 people have been asking and begging for ice skating and roller blading and still nothing? Other watches have it. It's sad I'm going to have to buy another watch to accommodate. Please fit bit hear your customers!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.